Small country

Anything at all (keep it clean) goes here that does not fit in to any of the other forums.

Moderator: eeuunikkeiexpat

Space Cat

Small country

Post by Space Cat » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:00 pm

How many European countries can fit into Chile? That many! On a side note, the Netherlands has almost the same population size but the area of a couple of Chilean regions.

ho77s0ap0ta21.png

admin
Site Admin

Re: Small country

Post by admin » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:25 am

that is funny.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Space Cat

Post by Space Cat » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:46 am

Another thing about the Netherlands is their crazy agricultural productivity, even at small family farms. They manage to grow and export enormous amounts of food, here's a mirror of a now-paywalled article by National Geographic: https://outline.com/7WBqAk

After subtracting Atacama, Patagonia and mountains, Chile still has about 4-5 Netherland-sized areas with much better climates. No need to cry about the closed factories, food is still in high demand.

Here's an article from the latest issue of The Economist about how Chilean cherry industry boomed because of Chinese demand during Chinese New Year that fits the Southern Hemisphere's agricultural season perfectly: https://outline.com/hLw958

(The original, by the way The Economist doesn't put a paywall when you use in private browser tabs with JavaScript turned off).

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:13 pm

(The original, by the way The Economist doesn't put a paywall when you use in private browser tabs with JavaScript turned off).
Yea, I have found that is a very effective trick for getting around paywall sites recently. When I hit my free article limit, I just kill the browser and reopen it to reset the count.

That will probably work until they start doing browser finger printing.

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

at46

Post by at46 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:41 pm

Space Cat wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:46 am

After subtracting Atacama, Patagonia and mountains, Chile still has about 4-5 Netherland-sized areas with much better climates. No need to cry about the closed factories, food is still in high demand.
Yeah, but what happens to that food when Chilean port workers go on strike? At least with copper the price goes up in a port shutdown.

Space Cat

Post by Space Cat » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:34 pm

admin wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:13 pm
Yea, I have found that is a very effective trick for getting around paywall sites recently. When I hit my free article limit, I just kill the browser and reopen it to reset the count.

That will probably work until they start doing browser finger printing.
Outline is also an option for many sites: adding outline.com/ in front of any URL fetches the content.
at46 wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:41 pm
Yeah, but what happens to that food when Chilean port workers go on strike? At least with copper the price goes up in a port shutdown.
Not like Western European countries don't have strikes. Also, Chile already exports a lot of food and business owners definitely account for strikes.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:16 pm

the EU, and the neatherlands especialy, are so full of it.

If i could get the farming subsidies and hyper protection from free market prices they have, i could make my 2000 square meters of yard profitiable also. the whole farming system in the e.u., has not been viable in as a full free market since wwll ended.

Chile is hardly scratching it's farm productivity potential. When they finaly screw-up the northern hemisphere permanently, all this farm land will go into production.