Venezuela crisis

Anything at all (keep it clean) goes here that does not fit in to any of the other forums.

Moderator: eeuunikkeiexpat

AnciaVagar
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:52 pm

Re: Venezuela crisis

Post by AnciaVagar » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:25 am

at46 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:36 pm

Well, this article confirms that some of the control systems mentioned in the pdf were bought from and installed by ABB Canada (past tense, i.e. project completed). The article also says in the future they'll migrate to China/Russia technology, and I don't blame them given that all Western technology is a trojan horse. http://vtv.gob.ve/sistema-guri-comprada-canada/
A gob.ve TV econoista "confirms" LOL!

at46
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 870
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:13 pm
Location: Vancouver/Santiago

Re: Venezuela crisis

Post by at46 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:00 am

AnciaVagar wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:25 am
at46 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:36 pm

Well, this article confirms that some of the control systems mentioned in the pdf were bought from and installed by ABB Canada (past tense, i.e. project completed). The article also says in the future they'll migrate to China/Russia technology, and I don't blame them given that all Western technology is a trojan horse. http://vtv.gob.ve/sistema-guri-comprada-canada/
A gob.ve TV econoista "confirms" LOL!
So the ABB website is not good enough for you. The Venezuelan government website is not good enough for you. Maybe you should start by saying what would be good enough for you? Or maybe you should just... mmm have yourself a good night lol

AnciaVagar
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:52 pm

Re: Venezuela crisis

Post by AnciaVagar » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:30 pm

at46 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:00 am
So the ABB website is not good enough for you....
Just so you'll know, a contract award is not quite the same as project completion. Since ABB reports no revenue from Venezuela since before 2004, you imagine that the CIA paid the bills over a decade ago in preparation for the great "sabotage" ... sure they did. Or the contract was cancelled.
at46 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:00 am
The Venezuelan government website is not good enough for you....
Nope, you are the only one who trusts the Vz gov (not even the enchufados trust it). [HAW!]

at46
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 870
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:13 pm
Location: Vancouver/Santiago

Re: Venezuela crisis

Post by at46 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:04 pm

AnciaVagar wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:30 pm
at46 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:00 am
So the ABB website is not good enough for you....
Just so you'll know, a contract award is not quite the same as project completion. Since ABB reports no revenue from Venezuela since before 2004, you imagine that the CIA paid the bills over a decade ago in preparation for the great "sabotage" ... sure they did. Or the contract was cancelled.
at46 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:00 am
The Venezuelan government website is not good enough for you....
Nope, you are the only one who trusts the Vz gov (not even the enchufados trust it). [HAW!]
Just so you'll know, project completion and payment are not automatic :) Maybe you should email the people mentioned in the pdf file I posted earlier and find out the truth straight from the horse's mouth? Or at least give me something, anything to indicate El Guri runs on stone age technology. Because so far it's just your words.

AnciaVagar
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:52 pm

Re: Venezuela crisis

Post by AnciaVagar » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:17 am

at46 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:04 pm
AnciaVagar wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:30 pm
Nope, you are the only one who trusts the Vz gov (not even the enchufados trust it). [HAW!]
Just so you'll know, project completion and payment are not automatic :) Maybe you should email the people mentioned in the pdf file I posted earlier and find out the truth straight from the horse's mouth? Or at least give me something, anything to indicate El Guri runs on stone age technology. Because so far it's just your words.
But you claim the project was completed. You have a rather free and unique concept of accounting. Thanks for that. Unfortunately accounting is a standardized and regulated practice in which revenue is booked when earned, whether or not it is ever paid. ABB Group published no revenue, no accounts receivable, no write-downs, and no project status reports for Guri. They don’t list the Guri project in their portfolio of accomplishments (I know, I know, the Big Bad Empire ordered them to keep it secret, LOL!).

Why rely on reports by independent auditors which have been scrutinized by regulators for years? Please continue to rely on “just the words” of a chavista/castroista TV "economista" mouthing his masters' talking points -- no doubt they know all about industrial controls and cybersecurity. Thanks for the entertainment. =)

Realistically of course, all Vz infrastructure suffers two decades of actual willful destruction by the stone age philosophy Marxism, and fantasy cyber-attacks can’t change that. Who drove the farmers off their lands? Who fired thousands of qualified professionals in the oil industry? Who gave away the nation’s wealth at ten Bolivars per dollar? Who armed and paid the colectivos?

at46
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 870
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:13 pm
Location: Vancouver/Santiago

Re: Venezuela crisis

Post by at46 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:50 am

AnciaVagar wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:17 am
at46 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:04 pm
AnciaVagar wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:30 pm
Nope, you are the only one who trusts the Vz gov (not even the enchufados trust it). [HAW!]
Just so you'll know, project completion and payment are not automatic :) Maybe you should email the people mentioned in the pdf file I posted earlier and find out the truth straight from the horse's mouth? Or at least give me something, anything to indicate El Guri runs on stone age technology. Because so far it's just your words.
But you claim the project was completed.
And you claim it wasn't - because you don't like Maduro and also because of, wait for it, accounting! LOL

From all that I could find, the ABB Scada control system was installed. Given that it was installed by the five eyes country - Canada - my guess is it was enriched with some special tech to allow hacking. ABB obviously wouldn't like its name to be mentioned as a vehicle for spreading American spying/hacking technology, hence so little info. Could the fires cause the apagon, and not the hacking? They totally could. But either way, given the timing, what are the chances it wasn't sabotage?

User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 17543
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:02 pm
Location: Frutillar, Chile
Contact:

Re: Venezuela crisis

Post by admin » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:20 pm

well, for what it is worth, here is the obligatory "national security justification" narrative: the ELN is operational in Venezuela. that is like 30 year old news.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna984786
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

User avatar
41southchile
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 570
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:39 pm
Location: Lakes Region

Re: Venezuela crisis

Post by 41southchile » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:03 pm

NZ dairy co op Fonterra sold their business in Venezuela, surprised they even found a buyer and still managed to get 16 million for it , they did take a 126 million dollar hit though. They own Soprole here in Chile, its one of their best performing businesses in the world apparantly my brothr in law told me when he went oto their last meeting , China has been an absolute financial disaster for them too investing there.
https://www.ruralnewsgroup.co.nz/dairy- ... asset-sale
Comuna Loncotoro Lakes Region Chile

AnciaVagar
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:52 pm

Re: Venezuela crisis

Post by AnciaVagar » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:15 pm

at46 wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:50 am
And you claim it wasn't - because you don't like Maduro and also because of, wait for it, accounting! LOL

From all that I could find, the ABB Scada control system was installed. Given that it was installed by the five eyes country - Canada - my guess is it was enriched with some special tech to allow hacking. ABB obviously wouldn't like its name to be mentioned as a vehicle for spreading American spying/hacking technology, hence so little info. Could the fires cause the apagon, and not the hacking? They totally could. But either way, given the timing, what are the chances it wasn't sabotage?
Still no evidence of a cyber attack so you say that the lack of evidence is evidence of a cyber attack. That's actually hilarious.

According to Ecoanalítica from the beginning of the expropriation of the electrical industry in 2007 thru 2016, USD 29.5 billion was allocated from the Chavista gov to Corpoelec (Maduro admits over USD 50 billion thru 2018) and yet there is no physical evidence of any investment in the system. Rather, the level of service and physical condition of the industry has deteriorated continuously since expropriation. Another triumph of the Marxist revolution!

User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 17543
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:02 pm
Location: Frutillar, Chile
Contact:

Re: Venezuela crisis

Post by admin » Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:05 pm

could be worse.

the russian oil companies got ripped off to by Maduro, and they knew it is long before this mess started:

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2019/03/ ... and-a64811
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

AnciaVagar
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:52 pm

Re: Venezuela crisis

Post by AnciaVagar » Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:48 pm

"Rosneft has poured around $9 billion into Venezuelan projects since 2010 but has yet to break even, Reuters has calculated, based on Rosneft's annual reports, its public disclosures and the internal documents." (hey, it's only accounting LOL)
admin wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:05 pm
could be worse.
...
And it is much worse for China. Beijing Petroleum University (a gov think tank) says China sunk over USD 60 billion in one loan-for-oil program and that PDVSA shorted them from the first month onward. Russia-China-Venezuela-Cuba: con artists conning each other. The worst Hollywood hack, under pressure, could not write drama this bad. =)

User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 17543
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:02 pm
Location: Frutillar, Chile
Contact:

Re: Venezuela crisis

Post by admin » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:33 pm

don't mistake what china is up to for anything at all to do with socialism or marx.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Post Reply