Looking for Santiago Dog Rescue Group

Anything at all (keep it clean) goes here that does not fit in to any of the other forums.

Moderator: eeuunikkeiexpat

admin
Site Admin

Re: Looking for Santiago Dog Rescue Group

Post by admin » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:06 pm

with a little more time could have scrapped something together from our contacts.

use to have an english speaking vet that worked for us, but no idea where he is now. last sighting he was working as a translator in santiago.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:09 pm

let me ask around. perhaps i can track down his contact info.

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Doglover

Post by Doglover » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:29 pm

Hello all....thanks to the great support our pup is in a safe place, off the streets and being cared for while we work all the vet and paperwork requirements....hard to still believe we were able accomplish so much so quickly only due to great help.....on plane now flying back to Virginia....best ending to my wife and my first trip to South America...one less homeless dog on the streets too....🤗🤗🤗

Doglover

Post by Doglover » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:32 pm

Fyi ... I get this message when I try to PM

We are sorry, but you are not authorised to use this feature. You may have just registered here and may need to participate more in discussions to be able to use this feature.

dmwbmw2

Post by dmwbmw2 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:08 pm

Well done.
My daughter found this little one on the streets of Nunoa, a few months old and not doing well. Now 8 and living the good life in White Rock BC.

Here seen enjoying a Sunday morning ride, her second favourite activity after quadding in the woods.
DD56E01E-CE3F-4A97-AD27-7CAC3D1A99C3.jpeg

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:42 am

big fan of the chilean street dogs.

yea i would say on balance our clients over the years have exported about as many dogs as they have imported.

ironicaly, pappered pure breds come in, typicaly live out their final years, and mixed street dogs go out.

i have had so many problems over the years with purebred dogs, i swear i will never own one again.

i currently have one that i inherited (from the u.s.), and when he is gone that will be the last one. it is a japenese chin, my crazy mother in law paid like $20,000 u.s. for (that is not a typo), and he can not even be bred because he only has one nut. he is so badly enginered, i am constantly worried i am going to injure him just by playing with him too hard or if he gets too excited he will start choking because his nose is too short to be able to breath correctly. he actuely won some shows in the states before retiring to chile. on paper he is worth a fortune. in reality, he can get lost in the grass in the front yard.

but, he is happy living in the campo. he is the alpha male by default among about 8 large female dogs we have between us and our neighbors. he actuely maneged to pick a fight with a male dog from down the road, then ran back home to let his bitches sort it out.

Not a bad retirment for an old chin, that stands 6 inches tall, and has one nut. but he is like case study in animal breading abuse. i could have saved a 1000 street dogs for what he cost.