Laptop stolen from idiot

Anything at all (keep it clean) goes here that does not fit in to any of the other forums.

Moderator: eeuunikkeiexpat

thisisreallycomplicated

Re: Laptop stolen from idiot

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:54 pm

Gloria wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:15 pm
In the land of scammers and thieves
I can't argue with that. And they're very patient too. I know a guy who pretended to be my friend for about 2 or 3 years, before he started asking for money. I always knew something wasn't right.
“Now it’s conspiracy – they’ve made that something that should not even be entertained for a minute, that powerful people might get together and have a plan. Doesn’t happen, you’re a kook, you’re a conspiracy buff!” – George Carlin

jehturner

Post by jehturner » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:25 pm

That was bad luck :-(. Sorry to hear about it & thanks for the reminder (not the first of its kind). No-one can watch their stuff 100% of the time (try travelling with small children). Your mistake was only to have 1 backup and keep it with your computer though... Oh well, better have a pisco sour, salud.

mlightheart

Post by mlightheart » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:36 am

Sorry to hear about that. Stuff grows legs when you get on a bus! I have friends who had stuff taken from their backpack on a bus while they were sleeping.

mlightheart

Post by mlightheart » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:40 am

thisisreallycomplicated wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:54 pm
Gloria wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:15 pm
In the land of scammers and thieves
I can't argue with that. And they're very patient too. I know a guy who pretended to be my friend for about 2 or 3 years, before he started asking for money. I always knew something wasn't right.
Well he probably asks all his friends for money. The better the friend, the more he asks. :lol: