Bolivia in court today about Chile and access to the sea

Anything at all (keep it clean) goes here that does not fit in to any of the other forums.

Moderator: eeuunikkeiexpat

admin
Site Admin

Re: Bolivia in court today about Chile and access to the sea

Post by admin » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:55 pm

The case was little more than a nuisance case brought by evo to claim he was saving bolivia.

They kept trying to somehow trick the court in to directing that chile negotiate a deal with a predetermined outcome. Sorry, evo does not work like that.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

nwdiver

Post by nwdiver » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:34 pm

If the court rules against a 1883 Treaty does that open every treaty since the 1880s.......
It's all about the wine.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:31 am

Naa, this is an argument over a suggestion in a treaty that chile would consider negotiating a treaty someday.

A promise to talk about a treaty, is not a treaty. If the courts did that, the entire international court system would colapse. Not even the bolivian.congress had ratified most of those documents until evo rushed it through just for thos case, in an attempt to turn diplomatic communication in to a treaty.

Just think about all the dimplomatic communications or notes that are issued by parties all over the world everyday, that promise to talk about talking about something someday. Imagine north korea bringing a case against the u.s., because trump promised to talk about lifting sanctions, or ending the korean war, etc (probably a bad example).

But they went even further, and were argueing that unless chile negotiated, and the negotiation resulted in what bolivia wanted, then the negotian was not a good faith effort to negotiate. Thus, chile had broke its promise to negotiate a treaty.

Yea, makes no logical sense at all.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:48 pm

It is meaning nothing of any ruling coming out of International tribunal of Hague. The court ruled against China in a claim made by the Philippine that the islets closer to its land mass belonging to the Philippines but the Chinos said **** with the ruling, it is ours and we will take those islets, rapid forward to 2018, all those islands now house military forces and equipment such as ballistic missiles and radar bases permanently there.!
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

rasmataz

Post by rasmataz » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:26 am

Based on the composition of the country of origin of the judges in the Hague, I would not be surprised if they rule against Chile. My dos centavos.

mem

Post by mem » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:00 pm

Almost there...reuters put out a report on this

I think if they til in Bolivia's favor, chile may "agree to good faith" negotiations but not cede any land...just enough to signal compliance without costing anything.
Also Chile could just reject the decision defiantly and then maybe Bolivia could use that as some kind of pretext for sone form of new retaliation, since the UN court has no ability to enforce anything
Or of course the court could just smack Bolivia down which I know many think will be the case. I just am more cynical that the UN will start calling this the "chilean occupation" or some such nonsense so as to virtue signal support for a perceived underdog

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKCN1M72V4

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:27 pm

So if things gets ugly between Bolivia and Shiiley, then if Evo Morales wants confrontation at the borders, could the Mapuche er, Inca president call upon his buddy, Venezuela's Maduro to lend him a few mil of starving citizens to use as people's army to invade Chile's sovereignty? Does Bolivia posses any fighter jets as Chile does? I know they have navy fleet at lake Titicaca though...
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:44 pm

HybridAmbassador-san,

A video for you:
Increíble Desfile Aéreo de las Fuerzas Armadas en Gran Parada Militar Chile 2018, Cámaras Propias
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RK2IxE351RU
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

at46

Post by at46 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:55 pm

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:14 pm

Por la razón o la fuerza o el chiste... :lol:
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

mem

Post by mem » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:22 pm

HybridAmbassador wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:27 pm
So if things gets ugly between Bolivia and Shiiley, then if Evo Morales wants confrontation at the borders, could the Mapuche er, Inca president call upon his buddy, Venezuela's Maduro to lend him a few mil of starving citizens to use as people's army to invade Chile's sovereignty? Does Bolivia posses any fighter jets as Chile does? I know they have navy fleet at lake Titicaca though...
Shiiley....rofl!!!

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:35 am

Put into their place by the Hoyo, Bolivia should dismantle its navy and use the money and on more Bolivarian power to the people projects.

--eeuunikkeiexpat