today's rant...

Anything at all (keep it clean) goes here that does not fit in to any of the other forums.

Moderator: eeuunikkeiexpat

hlf2888

today's rant...

Post by hlf2888 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:42 am

I love Chile and it never ceases to amaze me.

Last week we were pulled over by the police for a parking violation. The female cop was wearing a lot of make-up. Literally, layers of pancake makeup, blush, mascara and very red lipstick. She looked like she was ready for a date with a man who liked to kiss makeup, instead of a police officer on the job. When will the powers that be realize heavily-painted women do not look like serious officers???

In the bank, I noticed all of the women had high heels. Imagine wearing high heels all day on cement floors? Torture. I skipped past those wearing stilettos and asked the level-headed woman who usually handles my account what was the reason for the heels. Apparently, bank policy stipulates women who work there must wear heels. She showed me her shoes, a small heel but large enough to fit the criteria. When will the women realize they are damaging their spines and resist this stupidity???

That’s it for today. I feel better now. :wink:

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Re: today's rant...

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:52 am

My stepdaughter works for LATAM. To and from work even though outside the office, they are mandated to always be on LATAM image mode and must have lint free uniform, reg high heels, be appropriately made up, behave in the correct manner, etc.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

ghibli

Post by ghibli » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:40 pm

Yes ,chile does continue to amaze... Re the very high heels - yes they are very bad for the health and, IMO, not very comfortable...
Re the carabineras - I actually admire them for being turned "impeccable" It makes me think they take pride in their work. Latam girls as well.... (although they can be quite the bitch alas.) Used to be than the NBA teams all wore coat and tie... YAAAA I'm old fashioned, but to
me it's a sign of respect... I hate going to the Teatro Municipal and seeing slackers in dirty jeans and T-shirts at the opera. Anyway, I don't think you are supposed to be kissing the on duty police.... cheers.

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:00 pm

hlf2888 wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:42 am
I love Chile and it never ceases to amaze me.
Last week we were pulled over by the police for a parking violation. The female cop was wearing a lot of make-up. Literally, layers of pancake makeup, blush, mascara and very red lipstick. She looked like she was ready for a date with a man who liked to kiss makeup, instead of a police officer on the job.
I realize that I don't love Chile and the shit that goes on here is hard for me to comprehend such as the one you mentioned. No wonder the delinquents gets away from them because they can't run. :roll: that's what's called...."Beauty ( questionable) before crime?"
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. Anótese, comuníquese, publíquese, archívese. I sayeth as I seeth.

hlf2888

Post by hlf2888 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:36 pm

can't find delete

hlf2888

Post by hlf2888 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:37 pm

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:52 am
My stepdaughter works for LATAM. To and from work even though outside the office, they are mandated to always be on LATAM image mode and must have lint free uniform, reg high heels, be appropriately made up, behave in the correct manner, etc.
I get the clean uniform and correct manner but don't understand the makeup and high heels part. Who does it benefit besides chiropractors, big pharma pain meds, and "beauty" corporations. I thought Chilean women had realized a sort of equality with their female president, but it seems that they are stuck in the US 60's mentality because the patriarchal mindset is still very much in power in the corporate world.

frozen-north

Post by frozen-north » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:54 pm

ghibli wrote:
Yes ,chile does continue to amaze... Re the very high heels - yes they are very bad for the health and, IMO, not very comfortable...
Re the carabineras - I actually admire them for being turned "impeccable" It makes me think they take pride in their work. Latam girls as well.... (although they can be quite the bitch alas.) Used to be than the NBA teams all wore coat and tie... YAAAA I'm old fashioned, but to me it's a sign of respect...
' to me it's a sign of respect' was the argument I heard years ago here in Canada as the explanation as to why cashiers in the stores, such as Safeway, were, and are still, not allowed to have a chair, or a stool, while they work. I was enlightened on this point by a very nice lady I met many years ago that was suffering from back pain, and worked at a grocery store where the managers/owners thought it looked better if they cashiers stood at attention all the time. And cashiers are mainly women, most managers are men.

frozen-north

Post by frozen-north » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:59 pm

hlf2888 wrote:
I get the clean uniform and correct manner but don't understand the makeup and high heels part. Who does it benefit besides chiropractors, big pharma pain meds, and "beauty" corporations. I thought Chilean women had realized a sort of equality with their female president, but it seems that they are stuck in the US 60's mentality because the patriarchal mindset is still very much in power in the corporate world.
It is not only in Chile, high heels and pantyhose are still a requirement for women in many areas of employment.

British Columbia ends high heel dress code requirements
7 April 2017

A Canadian province has scrapped the dress code which requires female employees to wear high heels.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39536117
Why Mayo Clinic has nixed the nylons - Jun 17, 2015

As of June 12 — just in time for the hot summer weather — it became optional for female employees to wear pantyhose at Mayo Clinic.

https://www.bizjournals.com/chicago/biz ... l?page=all

Space Cat

Post by Space Cat » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:15 pm

I also noticed the really low number of women with short hairstyles. Everybody is probably wasting so much time on all this dense long latin hair, ugh!

nwdiver

Post by nwdiver » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:19 pm

ghibli wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:40 pm
Re the carabineras - I actually admire them for being turned "impeccable" It makes me think they take pride in their work. Latam girls as well.... (although they can be quite the bitch alas.) Used to be than the NBA teams all wore coat and tie... YAAAA I'm old fashioned, but to
me it's a sign of respect... I hate going to the Teatro Municipal and seeing slackers in dirty jeans and T-shirts at the opera. Anyway, I don't think you are supposed to be kissing the on duty police.... cheers.
Hockey players allways travel in suits shirts and ties.......it's a respect thing
It's all about the wine.

papageno

Post by papageno » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:57 pm

frozen-north wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:54 pm
ghibli wrote:
Re the carabineras - I actually admire them for being turned "impeccable" It makes me think they take pride in their work. Latam girls as well.... (although they can be quite the bitch alas.) Used to be than the NBA teams all wore coat and tie... YAAAA I'm old fashioned, but to me it's a sign of respect...
' to me it's a sign of respect' was the argument I heard years ago here in Canada as the explanation as to why cashiers in the stores, such as Safeway, were, and are still, not allowed to have a chair, or a stool, while they work. I was enlightened on this point by a very nice lady I met many years ago that was suffering from back pain, and worked at a grocery store where the managers/owners thought it looked better if they cashiers stood at attention all the time. And cashiers are mainly women, most managers are men.
Same here in the States. In fact, that is one of the things that struck me as odd about Southern Chile--cashiers working the register seated. Maybe they have a better union (if not pay scale).

Rhodolite

Post by Rhodolite » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:29 am

Silly Gloria, carabineros don't chase suspects. They return to their "reten" and fill out descriptive paperwork.