Thoughts on the State of Europe

Anything at all (keep it clean) goes here that does not fit in to any of the other forums.

Moderator: eeuunikkeiexpat

britinchile

Re: Thoughts on the State of Europe

Post by britinchile » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:42 am

lost gringo wrote:
britinchile wrote:I really can’t see WW3 coming from European infighting?
Really? Where did the first two world wars originate?
For that matter where have the majority of wars in the last 1000 years taken place?
I'd love to hear where this war in Europe is going to start, please tell me more! Germany is going to attempt to take over the world? Rome wants its empire back? I'd put my money on the following countries (in no particular order) being the protagonist of something global before even thinking about a European war starting: USA (UK would no doubt follow them), North Korea, Iran, Russia.

Great posts nikotromus and bert.douglas - unfortunately the world is that way!

Admin, what is your definition of being "close to an active terrorist attack"? I think you are doing a disservice to the people who were actually "close" to the terrorist attack. In my opinion, you were nowhere near the terrorist attack and you are being extremely overdramatic by suggesting that you were. Statistically speaking, getting hit by a car through negligence and being nowhere near a terrorist attack (25 years apart) is nothing like being bitten by the same shark on two different continents.

You are correct in asserting that we should not call black people africans, is that not state the bleeding obvious?

Is the European Union really paying warlords, militias and human traffickers to prevent migrants travelling to Europe? Where is your source for that information?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:25 am

Believe it was an Italian newspaper, and my Italian is nowhere near sufficient to try and track it down online.

As for the war, an argument could be made that a war has already broken out in Europe; just Europe has not recognized it as such.

Putin, wants satellite countries back, and at the very least wants to stop the expansion of nato and the EU in to the east. That is all no secret.

However, what is pretty obvious, is the way to do that is you need to break-up the EU, Nato, and most importantly separate out the most important military alliances. Get the EU and Nato countries, to stop trusting each other; or, at least give them some domestic politics to keep them distracted. Perhaps you shave off Turkey. Then you shave off the UK. Perhaps a bit of Spain would help. so on and so on. Then, when everyone is good an busy, you can meter by meter acquire some nice chunks of real estate in Eastern Europe on the cheap.

The hot war, if there is one, however, comes in, when everyone sort of wakes up decides Russia has gone too far. By that point, probably too late.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

britinchile

Post by britinchile » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:44 am

Just did a quick google search and it does appear that Europe is paying African nations to prevent the flow of immigrants reaching Europe so funds are no doubt reaching some militias.

I think your definition of war is different to mine as I don't have the opinion that there is a war occurring in Europe and certainly not one that will escalate into WW3. Seems very far fetched.

bobserb

Post by bobserb » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:59 am

Paris isn't Paris any more.African criminals are taking over the streets.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0wwYDoI32A
To be a victim,you don't have to be a victim of terrorist act.It is bad enough to live in fear.
Putin is a pure genius.He just want to save his country from "balkanization".
"Balkanization" is: provoking civil war ,braking up the country on few smaller,weaker units and looting it's riches(as seen Yugoslavia,Libia,Irak,Ukraine....)

nikotromus

Post by nikotromus » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:13 am

britinchile wrote: I don't have the opinion that there is a war occurring in Europe and certainly not one that will escalate into WW3. Seems very far fetched.
I am willing to bet those same words were uttered by the masses who lost their lives in the last two engineered world wars. I am of the opinion that they've been saving North Korea as a trigger point. All of a sudden, its a full blown manufactured crisis that came out of nowhere and just wont go away. I haven't seen the war propaganda this thick since the second invasion of Iraq. It's very convenient that NK borders both China and Russia. I'm sure nothing could go wrong there :( .

Most of Europe is a part of NATO. If the USSA ignites this, they will be dragged into it by default.

nikotromus

Post by nikotromus » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:14 am

+1 bobserb

frozen-north

Post by frozen-north » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:25 am

britinchile wrote:
Just did a quick google search and it does appear that Europe is paying African nations to prevent the flow of immigrants reaching Europe so funds are no doubt reaching some militias.
Amnesty warns that 'reckless' EU policy puts Mediterranean migrants at risk

The rights body has warned that Europe's reliance on Libya in stemming the migrant crisis puts those affected in extreme danger. Migrants risk either dying at sea or face grave rights abuses in Libya, Amnesty said.

http://www.dw.com/en/amnesty-warns-that ... a-39564578

Space Cat

Post by Space Cat » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:54 am

bobserb wrote:Putin is a pure genius.
You got hit by the "spy riding horses" propaganda. He's in mild dementia for many years but one needs to know Russian to notice the stream of nonsense in his speeches.

The western press and RT.com shills cherry pick the parts that make Russia look powerful and dangerous.

A country with GDP of Spain or NYC.

nikotromus

Post by nikotromus » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:04 pm

Space Cat wrote:The western press and RT.com shills cherry pick the parts that make Russia look powerful and dangerous.
Why do you think they are doing this?

bobserb

Post by bobserb » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:27 pm

Space Cat wrote:
bobserb wrote:Putin is a pure genius.
You got hit by the "spy riding horses" propaganda. He's in mild dementia for many years but one needs to know Russian to notice the stream of nonsense in his speeches.

The western press and RT.com shills cherry pick the parts that make Russia look powerful and dangerous.

A country with GDP of Spain or NYC.
< NO EMAIL >
I don't believe in any propaganda.Just in my own common sense .If Putin has dementia is not important.What is important is that his country is much stronger today than 1990., with strong positive trend.
GDP means nothing if 1 % own more than 99%.

Space Cat

Post by Space Cat » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:46 pm

nikotromus wrote:Why do you think they are doing this?
The West – to get more money for military and "cyberwarfare" budgets plus blame "Russian hackers" for every security issue.
Russia – to look strong for Russians, allied countries, and foreign anti-US sympathizers.
It's like Pepsi that invests in marketing to look as big as Coke despite it is significantly smaller.
bobserb wrote:I don't believe in any propaganda.Just in my own common sense .If Putin has dementia is not important.What is important is that his country is much stronger today than 1990., with strong positive trend.
GDP means nothing if 1 % own more than 99%.
Please check the numbers, including the ones in my post above in this thread. There's a huge negative trend. People are losing the jobs, investors are pulling out, prices are growing, economy goes downhill in general and rouble lose half of its price in the last years. And all the growth since the 90s was correlated with oil prices.

Post-Soviet Russian government stole all the money and power from the people. Now it doesn't have free natural resource money but the stealing habits haven't changed. Wait 10 more years and you'll see Venezuela-like trends.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:55 pm

Didn't the pope describe the current global situation as a low level world war a while back?

It never seems like a big thing, until it is a big thing; and warfare has come a long way since 1945. You don't need to mobilize a million man army anymore and carpet bomb civilian cities (well, I guess there is some of that too now).

Unfortunately, I believe too many in the military and political circles are too old to recognize what this war looks like. I am sure when it is over, everyone will sit back and go, "yea, that was obviously when it started"; whatever that turns out to be.

We basically have had, for about at least the last 10 years, the military and intelligence services, of every major power (and lot of very minor ones), in conflict on the internet every single second of every single day. Just in recent few years, it has started going a lot more kinetic. Once we move from busting servers, to busting bunkers, then perhaps everyone will call a spade a spade. The general public, and not for the lack of information being public, simply is not grasping technical nature of how much conflict is really going on over the global networks. I guess that is to be expected. The public is normally left in the dark about most wars, until well after they are over. So, in some sense, this one is actually pretty transparent.

As for Europe, overall I like Europe. Would not mind having a second home there. Probably something like Italy, but those ski slopes outside Innsbruck are sure nice. Just would could never see myself full-time hanging my hat permanently in Europe.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.