Chinese corp. wants to build an electric car factory in Chile

Anything at all (keep it clean) goes here that does not fit in to any of the other forums.

Moderator: eeuunikkeiexpat

at46

Re: Chinese corp. wants to build an electric car factory in Chile

Post by at46 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:42 pm

fraggle092 wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:56 pm
frozen-north wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:19 pm
Other 3 manufacturing plants in Chile?
No. But the text didn't make that clear.
La compañía explicó que la sobreoferta se produce luego de que en China se instalaron otras tres fábricas de contenedores, llegando a siete en los últimos seis años.
http://diario.elmercurio.com/2018/06/15 ... 3BC856.htm
Yeah, the level of journalistic/editorial ignorance at Diario Financiero is such that I'm afraid it's going to have to shut its doors too some day soon. I mean, how many years do you need to live in Chile to know it has no other container factories but Maersk? And yet, according to them, Chile has seven, right? They couldn't even copy the name of the country correctly from the letter they posted at the end of the article.

I'm sorry to see Maersk go, but with too many Know-Nothings like that all around, who can blame them?

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:56 am

The government is now trying to meet with Maresk today to get them to reconsider and reverse their decision, with so many fan boys of the free market in this government they sure do like to get the state involved in decisions. I suppose that's the reality of politics.
In the Lakes Region Chile for 6 years. It looks like New Zealand in some ways, and is nearly at the bottom of the world too, but there the similarities end.

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:46 am

The elephant in the room is the role CUT and far left/commie allies may have played in the decision. This company that paid for nearly everything including the skilled training of all 1209 employees paying above the median wage was targeted with a violent strike that led to damage of facilities and the destruction of the auto of one of the executives. I'm sure the Danes had their eyes opened from that and it was a no brainer if business conditions required cutting their sole non-China factory.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:59 am

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:46 am
The elephant in the room is the role CUT and far left/commie allies may have played in the decision. This company that paid for nearly everything including the skilled training of all 1209 employees paying above the median wage was targeted with a violent strike that led to damage of facilities and the destruction of the auto of one of the executives. I'm sure the Danes had their eyes opened from that and it was a no brainer if business conditions required cutting their sole non-China factory.
Chilean workforce doesn´t understand how business is conducted in other parts of the world and they cannot do this bullshit as they do to their own kind. This should be a huge lesson from which I doubt they will learn from. Good for Maersk!
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. I sayeth as I seeth.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:46 pm

I'm sorry. What moron tries to open a manufactuting center for anything in chile that is part of a already saturated market in direct competition with china, india, etc? No way the cost of labor here is going to compete with the global market.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:58 pm

FYI, Maersk is also the owner of those 3 China factories pumping out REFRIGERATED containers and the original logic was that Chile's export based agro sector would justify making a 4th plant for refrigerated containers here. It was a long process and quite an investment but the original decision was made years ago in 2011 or before.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

Britkid

Post by Britkid » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:57 pm

The real elephant in the room is that China is a nasty dictatorship with no regard for human rights and that doing business with them supports that regime. Here is Last Week Tonight with a video on China (clocking in at 20 minutes).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OubM8bD9kck
In 2014/2015 I blogged about my life in Chile. http://web.archive.org/web/201601121940 ... age_id=268

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:30 pm

Britkid wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:57 pm
The real elephant in the room is that China is a nasty dictatorship with no regard for human rights and that doing business with them supports that regime. Here is Last Week Tonight with a video on China (clocking in at 20 minutes).

Only people that have never lived in china say that.

Your giving the central commity of china too much credit for being in control of that hydra.

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:33 pm

If china fails, the world fails.

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:49 pm

Britkid wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:57 pm

Interesting video thanks for sharing, what's the answer ? The dilemma is fairly well explained in the video , anyone that raises it won't get trade with China.
Made a good point about Trump too, so there is no hope there then really is there ?
It all comes back to money doesn't it ? Or power ? If people outside China want to make a moral stand and think that's the right thing to do, then that's their right, but there will be always someone willing to step in and pick up the business and plenty that don't care.

It's the same reason so many people still support Pinochet (in private) here, or the same reason that people support Duarte in the Philippines, you think people are not aware of human rights abuses there in those two cases? Of course they are, but money and feeling safer is what people want. You think China would be where they were today (800 million lifted out of poverty in the last 30 years) if it was a democracy and everyone respected human rights?

Wouldn't have happened, it would have been impossible and there would be a lot more internal conflicts and abuses than there are human rights abuses now, it would be chaos trying to control 1 billion people, and there would probably be civil war and all sorts of factions competing for resources and power, but it's a moot point I guess because thats not the way things are there.

Its like what do you do with Child rapists and murderers ? Many many "normal" people would say kill them, but then that starts a slippery slope doesn't it ? and do Child rapists have human rights ? that's how those in power get away with human rights abuses, they manage to keep enough of the population happy enough economically and through a sense of safety for citizens, that sometimes citizens are willing to accept a bit of collateral damage when weeding out the trouble makers that make for an unsafe or dangerous society.

Authorities always overplay their hand and eventually outrage builds and the regime leaves or is toppled, but if they can maintain a balancing act of economic and social security for the majority it may take a long long time.

Interesting about that social credit score too, there is a series on Netflix called black mirror , it's quite good and a futuristic look at all sorts of moral dilemmas and how technology will play a part in those dilemmas, some of that stuff is already happening.
In the Lakes Region Chile for 6 years. It looks like New Zealand in some ways, and is nearly at the bottom of the world too, but there the similarities end.

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:58 pm

The West Really Hates China!
By Andre Vltchek
June 18, 2018

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/49667.htm
But Who Really Hates China and How Much?

But let’s get numbers: who hates China and how much? Mainly, the Westerners – Europeans and North Americans. And Japan, which actually murdered tens of millions of Chinese people, plus China’s main regional rival, Vietnam.

Only 13% of the Japanese see China favorably, according to a Pew Research Center Poll conducted in 2017. 83% of the Japanese, a country which is the main ally of the West in Asia, see China “unfavorably”. In Italy which is hysterically anti-Chinese and scandalously racist at that, the ratio is 31% favorably, 59% unfavorably. Shocking? Of course, it is. But Germany does not fare much better, with 34% - 53%. The United States – 44% - 47%. France 44% - 52%. Entire half of Spanish nation sees China unfavorably – 43% - 43%.

Now something really shocking: the “rest of the world”. The numbers are totally the opposite! South Africa: 45% see China favorably, 32% unfavorably. Argentina 41% - 26%. Even the Philippines which is being pushed constantly by the West into confrontation with China: 55% favorably – 40% unfavorably. Indonesia that perpetrated several anti-Chinese pogroms and even banned the Chinese language after the US-sponsored coup in 1965: 55% favorably – 36% unfavorably. Mexico 43% - 23%. Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela: 52% - 29%. Chile 51% - 28%.

Then it gets even more interesting: Lebanon: 63% - 33%. Kenya: 54% - 21%. Brazil 52% - 25%. Tunisia 63% - 22%. Russia: 70% - 24%. Tanzania 63% - 15%. Senegal 64% - 10%. And the most populous country in Sub Saharan Africa, Nigeria – 72% - 13%.

The 2017 BBC World Service poll, Views of China’s influence by country, gives even more shocking results:

At the two extremes, in Spain, only 15% see China’s influence as positive, while 68% see it as negative. In Nigeria, 83% as positive and only 9% as negative.

Now, think for a while what these numbers really say.

Who is really benefiting from China’s growing importance on the world scene? Of course – the wretched of the Earth; the majority of our Planet! Who are those who are trying to stop China from helping the colonized and oppressed people? The old and new colonialist powers!

China is predominantly hated by Western imperialist countries (and by their client states, like Japan and South Korea), while it is loved by the Africans), most Asians and Latin Americans, as well as Russians.

Tell an African what is being said to the Europeans - about the negative or even “neo-imperialist”, influence of China on the African continent - and he or she will die laughing.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:49 pm

admin wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:33 pm
If china fails, the world fails.
Well, for the time being everybody wants to sell to China's 1.4 billion strong genre but they getting too arrogant and blasfeming that Xi Jingpin will rule the once predominant "white" world and bringing US and the West plus all G7 countries to on their knees.

So the best action to take is< invest in India and build G7 interest factories within, then let India's democratic 1.3 billion strong genre to buy US,EU,Japan+Canada products. So the world won't fail and PRC will fail by themselves. Heck, George Soros predicts very soon a colossal financial meltdown starting from PRC. So everyone "OJOS" with your assets, especially Dollars,Euros,Pounds Yen etc...I will start selling my stocks Pronto!
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.