The Trump Administration

Anything at all (keep it clean) goes here that does not fit in to any of the other forums.

Moderator: eeuunikkeiexpat

Andres

Re: The Trump Administration

Post by Andres » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:07 pm

nwdiver wrote: I think his "in office reported to congress" book deal was several million, 4M I seem to remember, then this one kind of sealed it.......
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/03 ... emoir.html
He aint a poor politico no more.......
USD65mm for a book; even two? Do they REALLY expect to recoup their investment? Call me a cynic, but I doubt it.
Chile: My expectations are low. Very low.
I accept chaos. I'm not sure whether it accepts me.

at46

Post by at46 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:17 pm

Andres wrote:
nwdiver wrote: I think his "in office reported to congress" book deal was several million, 4M I seem to remember, then this one kind of sealed it.......
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/03 ... emoir.html
He aint a poor politico no more.......
USD65mm for a book; even two? Do they REALLY expect to recoup their investment? Call me a cynic, but I doubt it.
They'll stuff it in every library stateside and in vassal countries and make it required reading in schools, like they've been doing for ages.

Andres

Post by Andres » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:45 pm

ALA Library Fact Sheet 1. There are an estimated 119,487 libraries of all kinds in the United States today.
(65,000,000 / 119487) = ~USD544

cali_chile48

Post by cali_chile48 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:09 pm

EVERY President in recent history (for decades, including Trump) has been a danger, and has undermined the basic principles of government.
I can agree with that. Perhaps it is the nature of elected office, or simply the amount of power POTUS has.

I hasten to add that there are degrees of dishonesty, deliberate obfuscation, ignorance and abuse of power. One must guard against equating the lies of one and the LIES of another. We could rank all the presidents since, say, WWII and find fault in all of them, but Pumpkinhead ranks high on ALL of these ignoble traits. A champion, in fact.

frozen-north

Post by frozen-north » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:57 pm

Andres wrote:
No, it was not even innuendo.
You did not (or refused to) understand the point the author was making.
No, it does not say they *are* Nazis, it just says that those that oppose Trump are 'like the Nazis'. And it does that by innuendo, or, if you prefer another definition, 'guilty by association'.
They’re calling it the “March for Truth.”.... This one probably won’t quite match the Nuremberg rallies for flat-out hysteria, but give the ruling classes some time … “Resistance Summer” is just getting started.
And that seems to be the main point that comes across.

Andres

Post by Andres » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:02 am

You are missing the entire point of the article.

( I started writing a longer response, hoping to explain it to you; but I am probably wasting my time.)

frozen-north

Post by frozen-north » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:24 am

I'll be waiting.

nwdiver

Post by nwdiver » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:39 pm

Fact, Trump is now being investigated for obstruction of justice, the beginning of the end, he won't be able to lie and bullsh!t his way out of this one.......
It's all about the wine.

Andres

Post by Andres » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:28 pm

nwdiver wrote:Fact, Trump is now being investigated for obstruction of justice, the beginning of the end, he won't be able to lie and bullsh!t his way out of this one.......
I think it is a storm in teacup . . . and as much BS as "Russia influenced the 2016 election". Time will tell.

frozen-north

Post by frozen-north » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:08 am

I am still waiting.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:17 am

nwdiver wrote:Fact, Trump is now being investigated for obstruction of justice, the beginning of the end, he won't be able to lie and bullsh!t his way out of this one.......
I seen an interesting interview with a former federal prosecutor (30+ years) the other day. He said what is unique about this case is that it is not a 'he said, he said' type situation like the media keeps pushing between what was said between comey and trump, because Trump openly and publicly confirmed it on more than one occasion to other people. He said, that he could not recall an obstruction of justice case he had seen where the defendant was openly bragging to other parties about obstructing justice. He pointed out that with obstruction of justice charges, you don't have to prove motive like with most other crimes. Simply that the actions had the effect of obstructing justice.

He also made an interesting point related to the motive however: why is Trump working so hard to protect Flynn? It goes way beyond simple helping a friend out of a tight place. He said that is the area an investigation needs to look in to very closely, because they almost always lead to the cover-up of far more serious crimes. Why would he put himself and his presidency in such jeopardy, just to get a buddy out of trouble, unless there was far more going on that does lead back to Trump and his family?
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

cali_chile48

Post by cali_chile48 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:59 am

So...now there are three prongs to the special prosecutor-s investigation....cooperation between Trump associates and the Russian to interfere with the 2016 election, possible improper deals between Russian banks and Trump family members, and the efforts to stop the original Comey-led FBI investigation.

Personally, I think all three lines of investigation will find evidence of misbehavior, it-s a question of whether or not they can find enough evidence to bring charges and go to trial.

Even if no DOJ charges are ultimately filed, the administration is in a very weak position with fading support. The Republican majority in the House will probably prevent impeachment hearings for now....but that could change in 2018. A Dem majority in the House from 2018 to 2020 would increase the possibility of impeachment hearings and guarantee that the current administration makes minimal progress in their effort to -make America great again-.

Pumpkinhead should have listened to Howard Stern. Stern told him not to seek the presidency because he wasn-t going to like it.....but the man with a gigantic ego isn-t able to recognize good advice, not even from friends. It seems we are doomed to observe repeated cycles of belligerence, ignorance, arrogance and impulsive, vengeful words and actions. Make America Great Again? HA!