The Trump Administration

Anything at all (keep it clean) goes here that does not fit in to any of the other forums.

Moderator: eeuunikkeiexpat

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Re: The Trump Administration

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:01 am

passport wrote:
Somehow, not once, can I recall in that entire frigen campaign, the issue of U.S. government surveillance of it's own people being breached as a topic. Not by Sanders on the left, definitely not Hillary, and nothing from the Republican side. Not Trump, Bush, whomever, no one. No one cared that the power of the State has expanded to completely nullify all provisions and safeguards of the U.S. constitution. FBI memos are better than search warrants now. No judicial reviews. No over site
Uh - anyone heard of Rand Paul? He was plenty vocal on the issue while on the campaign trail. The fact that he didn't get very far down the campaign trail testifies that the citizens as a whole are not that concerned.
Yes, doesn't matter where you live in the world, the majority living their day to day life don't give an ass crap about such issues as freedom.

Our only hope is this wave of anti-Establishment results in more freedom....or...not.

What I see is an America-first still authoritarian mode but this might not be bad if it really results in the pullback from foreign intervention and a refocus of resources on rebuilding US roads, bridges, dams, water systems, electrical systems, etc. and ULTIMATELY manufacturing.

Study history and it was not English-elite Adam Smith philosophy that was responsible for US initial growth. It was internal credits and building infrastructure for future growth and tariff protections for US industries.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

malma

Post by malma » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:27 am

I saw a report on TV the other day here in Chile and it was saying that Chile was one of the countries at highest risk of climate change and it mentioned floods, fires, droughts etc
Floods - whenever there is rain in areas that typically only receive snow there are debris flows that cause damage and affect water supply
Droughts - currently Santiago has almost minimal water storage infrastructure as the winter precipitation is stored as snow and ice and melts in summer when it is most needed, when more precipitation falls as rain in winter they will need to build a lot of costly infrastructure

You are right about sea level rise, why worry about a 1 m sea level rise when a good earthquake can drop/raise the land a couple of meters.

Space Cat

Post by Space Cat » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:30 am

Anyway in terms of countering natural disasters Chile is one of the most prepared and organized countries, so let's relax. :)

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:22 am

Space Cat wrote:Anyway in terms of countering natural disasters Chile is one of the most prepared and organized countries, so let's relax. :)
Compared to what.....
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. Anótese, comuníquese, publíquese, archívese.
Please remind me the reasons why I decided to come back!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:43 am

Trump's going to need to start walking back his immigration b.s. soon and a big way, because the damage is being done already.

Immigration in to the tech industry.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... its-dreams

I just heard a friend of mine in the States, very, very white European, that has lived there for like 30+ years as a permanent resident and is a corporate executive is finally applying for citizenship due to the uncertainty around the whole Trump talk on immigration. Now, she can't leave. Her whole life is there, but she is sufficiently spooked to apply in the event the immigration policy results in broad unintended consequences.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:44 am

Gloria wrote:
Space Cat wrote:Anyway in terms of countering natural disasters Chile is one of the most prepared and organized countries, so let's relax. :)
Compared to what.....
New Zealand :lol:

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:09 am

actually if you are worried about sea levels rising, don't buy the beach front property. Buy the property behind the guy that bought the beach front property, and wait.

Space Cat

Post by Space Cat » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:04 am

Gloria wrote:
Compared to what.....
To any other country that can get earthquakes, floods, hurricanes, etc. Especially when you look at the death toll.
admin wrote:Trump's going to need to start walking back his immigration b.s. soon and a big way, because the damage is being done already.

Immigration in to the tech industry.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... its-dreams

I just heard a friend of mine in the States, very, very white European, that has lived there for like 30+ years as a permanent resident and is a corporate executive is finally applying for citizenship due to the uncertainty around the whole Trump talk on immigration. Now, she can't leave. Her whole life is there, but she is sufficiently spooked to apply in the event the immigration policy results in broad unintended consequences.
This will only boost transition of many companies to a fully remote mode with access to the global talent pool.

Programmers already work in the US without living in the US (I'm one of them). But currently "remote" is usually for small-to-medium teams, it is not that popular in the bigger enterprise sector.

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:51 am

Space Cat wrote:
Gloria wrote:
Compared to what.....
To any other country that can get earthquakes, floods, hurricanes, etc. Especially when you look at the death toll.
Many times I ask myself how prepared Chile really is to face natural disasters and the answer is......... they are not. Chileans by nature are disorganized, undisciplined, procrastinators and they could care less about tomorrow ( other than putting money together para "un asadito" for the weekend.) Many things are preventable such as brush fires ( happening at the present) nobody cares to clear the dry grass close to properties. No schools or warehouses have been assigned to protect the masses in case of a major quake. Scientists have warned about sudden floods in river paths.....where people are building houses? ...you guessed right! and the list of lack of common sense goes on....They are prepared as the man going to Mars without a suit!
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. Anótese, comuníquese, publíquese, archívese.

Space Cat

Post by Space Cat » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:05 pm

Gloria wrote:Chileans by nature are disorganized, undisciplined, procrastinators and they could care less about tomorrow ( other than putting money together para "un asadito" for the weekend.)
Wow, bold generalizations in a Trump-related thread. Must be his aura? Or just a habit of keeping a negative attitude and cherry-picking the worst in people around you?

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:21 pm

Space Cat wrote:
Gloria wrote:Chileans by nature are disorganized, undisciplined, procrastinators and they could care less about tomorrow ( other than putting money together para "un asadito" for the weekend.)
Wow, bold generalizations in a Trump-related thread. Must be his aura? Or just a habit of keeping a negative attitude and cherry-picking the worst in people around you?
Get it right! This has absolutely nothing to do with Trump. It's only an excuse for you to say that I'm correct. It just happens to fall in this thread. Have you ever heard "And the truth will set you free"?

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:20 pm

Space Cat wrote: Or just a habit of keeping a negative attitude and cherry-picking the worst in people around you?
If you call speaking the truth and nothing but the truth "a habit of keeping a negative attitude " then you have issues. Nothing worse than dealing with a blind man by choice.