The Trump Administration

Anything at all (keep it clean) goes here that does not fit in to any of the other forums.

Moderator: eeuunikkeiexpat

admin
Site Admin

Re: The Trump Administration

Post by admin » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:55 pm

Andres wrote:I don't want to be to semantical and precise, but I think you guys really mean BIlateral trade agreements, not UNIlateral trade agreements . . . which would be an agreement with one's self.

But, on the other hand, it has often been written that: "free trade" does not depend upon any agreement and almost all "free trade agreements" are a smokescreen for trade constraint of one form or another.
Free trade can easily be implemented unilaterally.
yep, sorry. Unilateral trade agreements are what the U.S. does.

Open up one of those "bilateral" trade agreements drafted by the U.S. special interest, and they are as much about circumventing U.S. laws as circumventing the laws of what ever poor sucker of a country is on the receiving end of it.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

frozen-north

Post by frozen-north » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:40 pm

Maker42 wrote:

"How Arizona law hurts Hispanic citizens" - Yep, that's totally made up. SB 1070 did absolutely nothing to hurt Hispanic citizens. That whole "stop and show me your papers" is a 100% fabrication.
What is a fabrication? They never passed such law? They don't stop suspected illegal immigrants? Or that there is no impression left that the US is hostile to immigrants? As admin just pointed, they just elected a guy that made such measures part of his platform.
The guy just elected based on throwing out immigrants, by nearly half of the American electorate. It is not a few bad apples, but a wide spread supported belief among millions of Americans.

The Supreme Court’s decision to uphold Section 2(B) Arizona’s S.B. 1070 makes not just Arizona but the entire country appear considerably more hostile to tourists, foreign investors, and those attempting to immigrate legally.

https://www.americanprogress.org/issues ... s-america/
Like It or Not, Arizona's SB 1070 Is About Racial Profiling

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bill-ong- ... 57435.html

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:46 pm

US Dollar Index broke 100, haven't seen that in a LOOOONG time.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:57 pm

Hey, the U.S. is one of the most racist countries on the planet. The Whites hate the blacks, the blacks hate the whites, the blacks hate the Hispanics, the whites hate the whites (Irish vs British), Indians hate them all, and so on, and so forth. The country only hangs together due to a certain, obviously small, percentage of the society that is not racist, and another good portion can at least pretend not to be racists. What Trump did was convince a whole lot of people that it was o.k. not to pretend anymore. That is the danger of Trump.

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:23 pm

You know I have been struggling to articulate to myself, let alone anyone else, what exactly freaks me out about Trump (yea, yea, beyond just about everything else).

Here is how I would put it, on a foreign policy, danger to the world, fall of the roman empire, sort of level. It is fairly obvious, at least at this point, neither Trump nor his proposed appointees know what hell they are doing. Even if you have a fairly experienced foreign policy team, it normally takes a year or two for them to settle in to office. O.k., I can give them the benefit of the doubt, while holding my nose for a while (hopefully I won't pass out waiting).

What I am afraid of is some other moron, misreading that, doing something stupid, expecting a certain reaction, and Trump doing something, well, I am not sure what, that sets off a chain reaction, that no one can contain. For example, Kim in N. Korea has been pretty well behaved. Putin, well, strangely after his phone call with Trump, has launched a full on assault on aleppo, so not sure what to read in to that yet. Europe, is talking building their own army. China, being China, is keeping their head low. I have heard it said, if China invaded a country, they would do it by taking one grain of sand at a time.

Let's just say, the price of gold is looking pretty tasty right now, and I frigen hate gold as an investment. No one panic. I am not buying any. If I did that, my Gold investment Karma would cause the Global price of Gold to crash (conversely, you might want to buy some tonight before the markets open, as it always goes up when I decide not to buy [$1300 an ounce anyone?]).

o.k., I'm sick of Trump. Time to watch the Chile vs. Uruguay game, qualifier for the 2018. Real, immediate threat to Chile's national security after the finger in the but scandal last time.

Billhere

Post by Billhere » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:35 am

The biggest switch off here in the UK as well, people are fed up with hearing it, seeing it on the news, and knowing you are dealing with a man who seems to fulfil the first sentence in your second paragraph exactly, and not knowing exactly what is going to happen next.

Staff leaving,or being sacked, in droves (http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/16/us/po ... .html?_r=0) it seems like an episode from The Apprentice (a tv show that has overstayed its welcome here on British tv as well, and we invented it!).

As for the European Army, well that is a dead duck, since Brexit was announced the EU has said they don't have the skills or capability to form one without the British input.

I would take issue about people world wide being afraid to go the US. Nothing to be afraid of judging from the Europeans who travel and holiday there on an all year round basis. Speaking to somebody who was in Georgia on a business trip earlier this week and he says it is business as normal.

As for the Chinese, research here indicates that the first were in the UK with the Romans in about the year two hundred. The first of the Chinese restaurants methinks!

With Putin clapping his hands right now, the moderate and seemingly reasonable (to me) Barack Obama's star seems to be ascending rather than dying as he goes into the shadows.

seawolf180

Post by seawolf180 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:08 am

admin wrote:Hey, the U.S. is one of the most racist countries on the planet. The Whites hate the blacks, the blacks hate the whites, the blacks hate the Hispanics, the whites hate the whites (Irish vs British), Indians hate them all, and so on, and so forth. The country only hangs together due to a certain, obviously small, percentage of the society that is not racist, and another good portion can at least pretend not to be racists. What Trump did was convince a whole lot of people that it was o.k. not to pretend anymore. That is the danger of Trump.
Charles.
That is total bullshit.

Enough of trying to explain this election on the basis of racism. Labeling a whole country like that.

The lady's incredibly corrupt record, and voters sick of the out of control government largely explain it.

The press, and the DNC used the dispicable race baiting tactic that you have apparently bought into. And cotinue to play it, cause they aint got nothin. Nothin, losers.
People, everywhere are generally no more prejudiced than you and I, and the next guy...given the chance.
We are sick of disgusting epiteths wrongly being shoved in our faces.
Enough!
I grudgingly voted for Trump. Charles. Race had nothing the hell to do with it.

Your statement is incredibly offensive, and wrong.

Time to turn the page.
Don't Tread On Me Either.
crtv.com
conservativereview.com
Question Authority!

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:09 pm

Aleppo is easy to explain. The neocons/NATO/former Hillary State Department/presidential candidate Hillary supported abetted ISIS and their name derivatives in Syria (largely mercenaries who are not Syrian) calling them "moderate" rebels in a bid to overthrow the Syrian government. The Russians in their interest of preventing the expansion of ISIS and their name derivatives into Russia and Russia's sphere of influence drew the line in Syria and fully backed the Syrian government who legally invited them in unlike the illegal US backed operations that are there currently but now winding down (and probably destroying evidence and loose ends) after the election of Trump. This brought the US and Russia to a situation that could have resulted in direct military confrontation. Trump respects Putin, Russia and Syria as things now stand and knows they are fighting ISIS and knows we were supporting the "rebels" and in a major change in policy, wants to reverse that, work with Russia to destroy ISIS and knows that going to war with Russia over an idiotic hubristic neocon agenda of regime change in Syria is well, idiotic. Russia after the initial conversations with Trump obviously got the go ahead to completely stomp ISIS in Aleppo as there is no longer a risk of a US trip wire that might result in direct military confrontation and perhaps nuclear war. Obama the still sitting president obviously has deferred to this and is also now targeting ISIS with vigor before he leaves and probably directing the coverup of our previous support of ISIS.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:33 pm

seawolf180 wrote:
admin wrote:Hey, the U.S. is one of the most racist countries on the planet. The Whites hate the blacks, the blacks hate the whites, the blacks hate the Hispanics, the whites hate the whites (Irish vs British), Indians hate them all, and so on, and so forth. The country only hangs together due to a certain, obviously small, percentage of the society that is not racist, and another good portion can at least pretend not to be racists. What Trump did was convince a whole lot of people that it was o.k. not to pretend anymore. That is the danger of Trump.
Charles.
That is total bullshit.

Enough of trying to explain this election on the basis of racism. Labeling a whole country like that.

The lady's incredibly corrupt record, and voters sick of the out of control government largely explain it.

The press, and the DNC used the dispicable race baiting tactic that you have apparently bought into. And cotinue to play it, cause they aint got nothin. Nothin, losers.
People, everywhere are generally no more prejudiced than you and I, and the next guy...given the chance.
We are sick of disgusting epiteths wrongly being shoved in our faces.
Enough!
I grudgingly voted for Trump. Charles. Race had nothing the hell to do with it.

Your statement is incredibly offensive, and wrong.

Time to turn the page.
I'm glad to hear they solved all those problems since I moved away.

cali_chile48

Post by cali_chile48 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:56 pm

The US clearly has on-going problems with race relations. To state otherwise is simply a denial of reality. The toxic clown played that card, and it helped him vote a few votes in key states, but I don't think that race was a key factor in winning the election.

I am concerned about the toxic clown's appointments to key administrative positions. Some people say he's a quick learner....we´ll see....'cuz runnin' a country ain't nuthin' like runnin' a business, and you need people who know their shit. Remember the FEMA director that dubya appointed...what was he....a fire chief from Oklahoma???....totally clueless about what to do when Hurricane Katrina hit. Heckuva job Brownie. How much of this will we see from the new administration? Far too much I am afraid if the appointments are made based on loyalty to the clown rather than real qualifications.

The clown has offended and scared a lot of people, and that will have long term consequences for him. Large scale work slow downs, for example. Oops...we lost the paperwork. He won't get enthusiastic support from very many people in the government. And socially he's a pariah for all but the suck up Rudy Giuliani types. For normal people, like, for example, a senator with a teenage daughter....who might get invited to the white house....will politely but very firmly decline, or more likely run away as fast as possible. Would you take your daughter to meet the prez? What a #ucking creep.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:35 pm

Here is an example of the perception problem the u.s. has in the chilean media now.

And Diario financierio is hardly the sort of left wing publication the communist party members read:

https://www.df.cl/noticias/internaciona ... picks=true

Space Cat

Post by Space Cat » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:03 am

I just encountered a very insightful explanation of the reasoning of climate change deniers.

It seems that things are going as usual: give help to the poor, let the rich do whatever they want, regulate and tax the middle class into oblivion, and then make a surprised face expression when they're not happy with the government.
I'm not gonna argue for the #uckwits in power here, but I might shed some light on the whole reason American rural people get so ticked about the EPA and think climate change isn't real.

IT pretty much goes to enforcement. Most of the small rural people have had to deal with EPA regulations cracking down on them, while driving by places they see large corporations whom have been accused of doing awful shit to the environment with no real punishment. In the area I lived in we had emissions test that were both expensive and annoying, that commercial vehicles were exempt from. So your tried and true old truck was being punished for just being a truck, but the big box truck spewing out black shit was not. They hear of places like deer run where mercury was dumped and nothing happened to the company who did the shit, while they have to pay money out of pocket and maybe loose the tools they depend on to live. That sweet spot of getting to be a larger family farm was a bad place to be as you had more regulations to cope with on the farms, while large corporate farms were seen as doing the shit your getting fined for and not getting so much as a slap on the wrist. Now the thing is, these people have a weird trust on some things... they basically assume that if these large corporations are doing it and no hell is being raised then its really not that bad, and they feel that really the regulation on them is just to extort fines. Because in their mind if this shit was really awful then they wouldn't let them get away with it because you don't let people shit where you eat. So you hear all this stuff about the world ending due to climate change and see the big guys still getting away with it while your under the yoke of fines and BS and so you think that its nothing more than propaganda to re-enforce the want of the gov to keep getting fines and being invasive to your land.

Not saying its right or whatever, but thats the view and not many people will talk about it because when met with someone who says its real and they say otherwise they usually get insulted and degraded rather than having a discussion. This only feeds the martyr complex they already have.
Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/worldnews/comm ... t/d9y1chr/