The Trump Administration

Anything at all (keep it clean) goes here that does not fit in to any of the other forums.

Moderator: eeuunikkeiexpat

HybridAmbassador

Re: The Trump Administration

Post by HybridAmbassador » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:36 pm

Well, for the Mexican wall, Penya-Nieto saz, for Trump to pay for the wall. Mexico too "pobre" to pay for it...
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:40 pm

China's Shi Jin Ping, calls on Trump over the phone and says to him, look Trumpie, we are equal in money size, so let keep our commerce in market oriented protectionist ways.
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

sqcpcg

Post by sqcpcg » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:32 pm

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote: For Chile, it was interesting to read the comments after a soychile article on Richard Lagos saying he would join in with other LA leaders in protesting the wall (which we still don't know if it will be a real thing yet).
Today Trump reiterated that he still wanted to build a wall where it is needed but would concede to putting up a fence elsewhere. Maybe he was finally figuring in the cost to build it since the Mexicans don't plan on contributing. The irony of this is that it would be taking away one of the means available to people wanting to depart..... if only he knew how silly he looks when he's got both feet in his mouth.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:57 am

I dont realy see why chile would protest it as chile is one of the few with a visa waiver status, and a net importer of immigrants. Perhaps the concern is that migrants will then turn to chile as the next best and easiest place to go.

Which is likly overall a good thing as chile's pop is not growing.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:09 am

I think the bigger danger for chile is the close ties between bachelete administration and clinton / obama crowed in the united states, including the u.s. embassy / state department ties founded under clinton's time at the state department, and the potential back lash under a trump / republican administration towards chile for that loyality to climton. Lagos, bachelete, and the entire left in chile need to shut the hell up and stay the hell out of anything going on north of the rio grand. The potential damage they could do to chile is huge just by running their mouth right now.

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:22 am

oh, and Bachelet really, really needs to avoid doing the stupid ass thing she did last time she left office. At the eleventh hour, in the middle of all the chaos of the 2010 earthquake, with Pinera about to take office, she signed a bunch of agreements with the U.S. such as the tax information sharing that essentially implemented the FATCA and IP law enforcement(read democratic special interest agendas). That was under Hillary Clinton's state department. A round of that type of that sort of middle of the night agreements in the U.S. to appeal to the Democrat loyalist, has the super-potential for getting Chile punished on a whole range of things once the Trump crowd takes office.

Maker42

Post by Maker42 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:26 am

frozen-north wrote:
Maker42 wrote:
I could see why someone from here would be confused. After all, most of the world thinks CNN is a serious news channel. Heck, even many US citizens STILL think CNN has credibility. Alas, poor sheep.
Your reply makes it sound as if CNN made up the news about Arizona SB 1070.
"How Arizona law hurts Hispanic citizens" - Yep, that's totally made up. SB 1070 did absolutely nothing to hurt Hispanic citizens. That whole "stop and show me your papers" is a 100% fabrication.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:33 am

oh, speak of the devil. Here is the new U.S. ambassador to Chile, still trying to shove the TPP down Chile's throat before they leave office.
https://www.df.cl/noticias/economia-y-p ... 92714.html

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:40 am

on the up side, Chile should be out trying to leverage the Trump uncertainty to enter free trade agreements with anyone that still has ink in their pen. Kick the Pacific Alliance in to hyper gear. Mexico I am sure is a mood to negotiate something to hedge against Trump really messing with NAFTA. China is always in the mood to sign agreements. How about taking all the good stuff for Chile out of the TPP, and enter unilateral agreements with the rest of the countries. Europe and the UK are probably in the mood to hedge their bets, with the U.S. / EU agreements on the ropes.

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:23 am

Unilateral trade agreements seems to work well for Chile given how her neighbors are always trying to stick a knife in the back. Also makes the government earn their pay.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

Andres

Post by Andres » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:05 am

I don't want to be to semantical and precise, but I think you guys really mean BIlateral trade agreements, not UNIlateral trade agreements . . . which would be an agreement with one's self.

But, on the other hand, it has often been written that: "free trade" does not depend upon any agreement and almost all "free trade agreements" are a smokescreen for trade constraint of one form or another.
Free trade can easily be implemented unilaterally.
Chile: My expectations are low. Very low.
I accept chaos. I'm not sure whether it accepts me.

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:20 am

Ok one on one trade deals #uck lateral.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat