The Trump Administration

Anything at all (keep it clean) goes here that does not fit in to any of the other forums.

Moderator: eeuunikkeiexpat

cali_chile48

Re: The Trump Administration

Post by cali_chile48 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:32 pm

Hmmmm....a Democrat just won a Senate seat in a state that Pumpkinhead won by 30 points just about a year ago.....perhaps a hint of what lies ahead in the 2018 mid/term elections? One can only hope.....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pow ... a69ccba409

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:42 pm

dam, I thought he would have launch a nuclear strike on himself by now, and just called if fake news.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

nwdiver

Post by nwdiver » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:51 pm

He actually called and congratulated the Dem winner.......that made the news, so it was OBVIOUSLY not fake news ;) maybe just playing President again.......I hate it when he does that sh!t........
It's all about the wine.

bert.douglas

Post by bert.douglas » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:01 pm

cali_chile48 wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:32 pm
Hmmmm....a Democrat just won a Senate seat in a state that Pumpkinhead won by 30 points just about a year ago.....perhaps a hint of what lies ahead in the 2018 mid/term elections? One can only hope.....
Being in Alabama, the situation is more complicated...
There was a good republican candidate, Mo Brooks. But McConnell/Trump spent a lot of money to defeat him in favor of a locally hated* candidate Luther Strange during the primaries. That allowed Moore to get in at the runoff. For us in Alabama, there was too much outside money and dirty tricks. It is resented. We had to pick the lesser of two evils. It was a real toss up. My opinion is that people voted against Moore because he is a little too crazy, not because of anything he might have done 40 years ago.

There should be an extra choice on every election -- "none of the above". Or maybe negative voting on multiple candidates. Vote against all the ones you don't like.

So all politics is local. And this result is unlikely to resemble any other result anywhere else.

Just because Alabama likes Trump in general, does not mean that we support him when he does something stupid.

Enough with the childish pumpkinhead insults. Surely with a modest effort you could find something of substance to criticize about Trump.
Even the news media have finally stopped putting false orange color on pictures of Trump. I know the orange color is fake, because I have seen him in person.

* Luther Strange was hated because as attorney general he cut a deal with the former corrupt governor to not prosecute the governor in exchange for an appointment to the empty senate seat of Jeff Sessions.

frozen-north

Post by frozen-north » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:42 pm

bert.douglas wrote:
Being in Alabama, the situation is more complicated...
There was a good republican candidate, Mo Brooks. But McConnell/Trump spent a lot of money to defeat him in favor of a locally hated* candidate Luther Strange during the primaries. That allowed Moore to get in at the runoff. For us in Alabama, there was too much outside money and dirty tricks. It is resented. We had to pick the lesser of two evils. It was a real toss up. My opinion is that people voted against Moore because he is a little too crazy, not because of anything he might have done 40 years ago.

There should be an extra choice on every election -- "none of the above". Or maybe negative voting on multiple candidates. Vote against all the ones you don't like.

So all politics is local. And this result is unlikely to resemble any other result anywhere else.

Just because Alabama likes Trump in general, does not mean that we support him when he does something stupid.

Enough with the childish pumpkinhead insults. Surely with a modest effort you could find something of substance to criticize about Trump.
Even the news media have finally stopped putting false orange color on pictures of Trump. I know the orange color is fake, because I have seen him in person.

* Luther Strange was hated because as attorney general he cut a deal with the former corrupt governor to not prosecute the governor in exchange for an appointment to the empty senate seat of Jeff Sessions.
Whether Alabama supports or not Trump is only part of the issue. Alabama supported a 'child molester', as Moore was called in some articles. And one would have to be clear, it was not all Alabama, it was *white* Alabama that supported Roy Moore.

Whilst 98% of black women voted for Jones, just 34% of white women did the same. In short, nearly two-thirds of white women voted instead for Moore, the Republican candidate whose campaign was riddled with allegations of child molestation. He has also been a strident voice against LGBT rights and called Islam a “false religion.” The exit polls also show that 93% of black men backed Jones, compared with 26% of white men.

https://qz.com/1155156/alabama-senate-r ... roy-moore/
And there are plenty of articles commenting on Trump's hair *and skin* color changes through the years.
The Citrusy Mystery of Trump’s Hair

The evolution of Trump’s coiffure over the decades has been widely noted and thoroughly documented. He has parted his hair on one side and then the other. He has combed it forward, swept it backward, swirled it like frozen yogurt, aerated it like cotton candy. In a brisk wind, it has been a pair of gossamer wings. During a tense debate, it has been a gargantuan sponge.

But less frequently observed is how much its hue changes, and I don’t mean from one year to another. I mean from one day to the next, in more incremental and mesmerizing ways, to a point where no two observers can agree on what to call it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/17/opin ... -hair.html
Here's why Donald Trump's skin is so orange

http://www.businessinsider.com/why-is-d ... ge-2016-10

bert.douglas

Post by bert.douglas » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:10 pm

frozen-north wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:42 pm
Whether Alabama supports or not Trump is only part of the issue. Alabama supported a 'child molester', as Moore was called in some articles.
Most, if not all, of those last minute (but 40 year old) staged accusations have been thoroughly debunked. I note that not one of the accusers has sworn out a formal affidavit under penalty of perjury.

Anyway, I will concede that Moore is a flawed candidate. Mo Brooks would have been much better. Unfortunately McConnell persuaded Trump to spend millions in negative ads against Brooks, leaving us stuck with Moore.

JHyre

Post by JHyre » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:25 pm

Leftists are against sexual predators when they run as Republicans. When it is one of their own, "feminist" leftists do what it takes to stay in power. Think Bill Clinton. That sort of power mongering at the price of principles lowers the bar. Many Republicans figure that they might as well support someone like Moore to keep power....you know, like Democrats.

In this case a lot of Republicans were so (understandably) disgusted with "their" candidate that they stayed home. I'm sure that leftists everywhere are going to give Republicans credit for rejecting a nut even though it cost them power.

Leftists are about power, period. And they are also hypocrites about it - expecting Republicans to reject the Clintons of the world while leftists fight tooth & nail to defend the same when their own power is at stake.

John Hyre

frozen-north

Post by frozen-north » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:55 pm

bert.douglas wrote:
Most, if not all, of those last minute (but 40 year old) staged accusations have been thoroughly debunked. I note that not one of the accusers has sworn out a formal affidavit under penalty of perjury.
Moore has denied the accusations, but I am not sure if that is enough to say that they have been 'debunked'.
Ivanka Trump slams Roy Moore: 'There's a special place in hell for people who prey on children'

"I've yet to see a valid explanation and I have no reason to doubt the victims' accounts," the first daughter and presidential adviser said.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/15/politics/ ... index.html

cali_chile48

Post by cali_chile48 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:37 am

My apologies to those offended by the term Pumpkinhead. It is by far the cleanest name I have for that prick in the White House.

As for Alabama...yes...a special place indeed. I traveled through the deep south (Mississippi, Louisiana, Alabama, Tennessee) in the early 1980s....with my African American wife. Let-s just say that as a mixed-race couple, we were clearly not welcome in some parts.....not a surprise to me that nearly half the voters picked Roy Moore. (

BTW....does the Pumpkinhead administration allow the use of the term mixed-race? They seem to have banned other terms like fetus, diversity and science-based, assuming reports such as this are credible....

https://www.npr.org/2017/12/16/57132923 ... dirty-word)

And this comment....
Leftists are about power, period.
.....clearly a sweeping generalization, not meant to be fair or even provide a facade of fairness. In fact, there are many progressive people who are much more focused on issues like social justice and access to health care and education.

nwdiver

Post by nwdiver » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:43 pm

cali_chile48 wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:37 am
My apologies to those offended by the term Pumpkinhead. It is by far the cleanest name I have for that prick in the White House.

As for Alabama...yes...a special place indeed. I traveled through the deep south (Mississippi, Louisiana, Alabama, Tennessee) in the early 1980s....with my African American wife. Let-s just say that as a mixed-race couple, we were clearly not welcome in some parts.....not a surprise to me that nearly half the voters picked Roy Moore. (

BTW....does the Pumpkinhead administration allow the use of the term mixed-race? They seem to have banned other terms like fetus, diversity and science-based, assuming reports such as this are credible....

https://www.npr.org/2017/12/16/57132923 ... dirty-word)

And this comment....
Leftists are about power, period.
.....clearly a sweeping generalization, not meant to be fair or even provide a facade of fairness. In fact, there are many progressive people who are much more focused on issues like social justice and access to health care and education.
High taxes and free healthcare, childcare and education including Univercity don't seem to be hurting those leftist. Scandinavian countries very much even with an over load of refugees.........just saying
It's all about the wine.

Britkid

Post by Britkid » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:45 pm

From March to November 2017 Gallup asked people around the world this question. “Do you approve or disapprove of the job performance of the leadership of the United States?” And published their findings this month.

You have to fill in a form to download the PDF report and see the rankings by country. Only 13% of Chileans approved, with 74% disapproving.

Globally, 30% approved so that is very low.

The 13% for Chile was lower than virtually any country.

Looks like Trump is hated in Chile even more than elsewhere.
In 2014/2015 I blogged about my life in Chile. http://web.archive.org/web/201601121940 ... age_id=268

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:04 pm

So what is wrong with a head of country had an affair with Adult movie star. She said she served Mr Trumpf for almost a year but then his stuff denies the alleged statement and calls it as fake news. Good or bad, the most powerful Dude in the world for sure is in the news all the time.
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.