The Trump Administration

Anything at all (keep it clean) goes here that does not fit in to any of the other forums.

Moderator: eeuunikkeiexpat

at46

Re: The Trump Administration

Post by at46 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:12 am

Falabella has just announced a billion dollar investment in logistics and IT over four years to bulk up their operations in view of the apparently imminent entry of Amazon into the country. Not bad, especially the Amazon thing :) https://www.modaes.com/empresa/falabell ... logia.html

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:54 am

Falabella is angling to be the amazon of south america. Given their market position already, infrastucture, and so on, they have a good chance.

Amazons simple couter move would be just to buy out falllabela with their lunch money. Fine with me. I own a bunch of fallabela stock.

Wall mart bought lider. Amazon needs to buy falabella.

I take any american company that makes grand claims about expanding in to chile with a grain of salt, because so many have failed. Unless they plan to buy the country (and they probably could), they will need local boots on the ground that are already entrenched in the markets.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

nwdiver

Post by nwdiver » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:27 pm

Well this must be the calming influence of the new chief of staff, trust a marine to pull it together, a weekend went by and Pumpkinhead didn't embarrass himself on Twitter, nor fire anyone since the Motch........boring........ohh looks like Canada signed a new softwood lumber deal which is pretty much the same as the last one.....so much for America First, I quess only when they don't need the product cheaper from elsewhere........
It's all about the wine.

nwdiver

Post by nwdiver » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:31 pm

admin wrote:Falabella is angling to be the amazon of south america. Given their market position already, infrastucture, and so on, they have a good chance.

Amazons simple couter move would be just to buy out falllabela with their lunch money. Fine with me. I own a bunch of fallabela stock.

Wall mart bought lider. Amazon needs to buy falabella.

I take any american company that makes grand claims about expanding in to chile with a grain of salt, because so many have failed. Unless they plan to buy the country (and they probably could), they will need local boots on the ground that are already entrenched in the markets.

Maybe Amazon won't need boots on the ground, GA in Chile is tiny so maybe it will be the test country for drone delivery, but then again they will need to add the cost of all the stolen drones..........
It's all about the wine.

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:46 pm

So it's fire and fury like the world has never seen apparently if North Korea ever threatens the US again. In the day it was announced by US intelligence that NK can put a nuke in a warhead. Glad we are way down this end of the world.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:19 pm

41southchile wrote:So it's fire and fury like the world has never seen apparently if North Korea ever threatens the US again. In the day it was announced by US intelligence that NK can put a nuke in a warhead. Glad we are way down this end of the world.
I am literally thinking about buying some swamp land in southern chile, to sell to all those refugies from florida at a mega mark-up when they come.

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

frozen-north

Post by frozen-north » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:01 pm

Donald Trump - Kim Jong Un 'war of words' timeline

April 30: Trump gives North Korean leader Kim Jong Un a backhanded compliment, calling him, "a pretty smart cookie."

May 1: "If it would be appropriate for me to meet with him, I would absolutely, I would be honored to do it."

http://www.dw.com/en/donald-trump-kim-j ... a-40020613

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:19 pm

The man is just too stupid.

El Zorro

Post by El Zorro » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:47 pm

Next time, whenever that is, the Democrats need a suitable candidate. I think it may be James Comey.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Los estupefacientes son para los que viven su vida estúpidamente.
Drugs are for those whose life is a drag.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:14 pm

Trump's statement yesterday at that press conference was so bad, he made the white supremacist and all other single celled organisms cringe.

I am not even going to bother to ask what was he thinking, because we already know the answer to that.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:39 pm

Well, I guess Pence is cutting his latin america trip short for some vague national security reasons (perhaps he has to return for the coupe).

This headline teaser, in a pay walled site, however got my attention. It seems President Bachelet is really the President of Colombia. That just explains soooo much. She is president of the wrong country.
Vice President Mike Pence today commended U.S.-Chile trade relations by pointing to a $4.1 billion bilateral surplus, and added it is “important” that Chile improve its compliance with the free trade agreement's intellectual property chapter. “This is a remarkable story of success, and it stems in large part from our free trade agreement,” Pence said during an Aug. 16 joint press conference with Colombian President Michelle Bachelet in Santiago. “In many ways, the U.S.-Chile Free Trade Agreement is a model...
https://insidetrade.com/trade/pence-cal ... de-surplus

He also seems to have suggested to the President Bachelet of Colombia that Chile should categorize it's wine as a luxury good, to block it's export to North Korea. I guess North Korea is laundering Chilean wine or something. Yea, that will stop their nuclear program, and collapse a major industry in Chile.

Hope she told the Gringo to go home.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:50 pm

You see, this Pence visit to Latin America, is a perfect example of the bridges Trump's mouth is burning. Few years ago, hell a few weeks ago, Chile would have probably rolled over and played coy with Pence for a warm belly rub and a pat on the head in regards to North Korea and even Venezuela.

Trump opened his mouth.

Now, all of latin america is "what have you done for us lately Gringos"?

There is no way Chile is doing anything to provide public support to the U.S. and the lunatic in the white house, at the expense of pissing off all of the regional trade partners and especially China and Russia right now.

He managed to alienate a good 30+ years of progress of the U.S. in Latin America, in less than 6 months. Guess what? The U.S. is not going to get it back any time soon.