The Trump Administration

Anything at all (keep it clean) goes here that does not fit in to any of the other forums.

Moderator: eeuunikkeiexpat

admin
Site Admin

Re: The Trump Administration

Post by admin » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:48 pm

Interesting interview about the fall of american empire. Trump does not get blaimed for it obviously, but he does think he is speeding it up in a big way.

https://theintercept.com/2017/07/22/don ... 1#comments
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

frozen-north

Post by frozen-north » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:09 pm

Interesting article, but I am not sure about this part:
If you’re a global power like United States that stands for democracy, that’s the way we exercise that power.
We did it sometimes crudely, sometimes deftly, but we didn’t invade countries, we didn’t bomb et cetera.
What about Grenada, Panama, Iraq, the mining of Nicaragua's ports, ... ??

frozen-north

Post by frozen-north » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:12 pm

Reading the comments I can see that someone else had noticed it:
Even more incredibly, McCoy says, “we didn’t invade countries, we didn’t bomb…” Really? Here’s a list of the over 30 countries the US has bombed since the end of WWII: http://www.globalresearch.ca/list-of-co ... r-ii/24626. And that doesn’t even count the many covert wars and the CIA trained death squads throughout Latin America and Africa.

Andres

Post by Andres » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:55 pm

frozen-north wrote:
Interesting article, but I am not sure about this part:
If you’re a global power like United States that stands for democracy, that’s the way we exercise that power.
We did it sometimes crudely, sometimes deftly, but we didn’t invade countries, we didn’t bomb et cetera.
What about Grenada, Panama, Iraq, the mining of Nicaragua's ports, ... ??
That whole paragraph was bullshit. It does not even deserve (the wasted time of) comment.
Chile: My expectations are low. Very low.
I accept chaos. I'm not sure whether it accepts me.

cali_chile48

Post by cali_chile48 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:31 pm

Thank-you, John McCain, for having the courage to put the brakes on the "repeal and replace" fiasco in DC. The "skinny" version would have been approved by the Senate, then in all likelihood passed as is by the House. It is a bill very few people liked and it needed to be killed.

Andres

Post by Andres » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:48 pm

Yeah, right, John McCain, the war-mongering, hypocritical, narcissistic "hero". (I could come up with a few other "complimentary" adjectives, but I am too lazy.)
And, the true measure of the value of legislation is how many people like it.
democracy.jpg
democracy.jpg (9.25 KiB) Viewed 520 times
Chile: My expectations are low. Very low.
I accept chaos. I'm not sure whether it accepts me.

cali_chile48

Post by cali_chile48 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:49 am

An interesting week in DC, to be sure. Jared Kushner and Paul Manafort testified before Congress. Pumpkinhead selected a vulgar man with no experience in communications to be his director of communications. Pumpkinhead verbally attacked Jeff Session for recusing himself from the Russia probe in January. The Senate effort to push throughout health care reform ran into a dead end, and in their final vote, many Republicans voted in favor of a bill that they hoped would never become law. Congress passed a Russian sanctions bill (by veto-proof margins) that specifically denies the president the authority to modify the sanctions. Pumpkinhead tweeted that transgendered people would no longer be allowed to serve in the military, and this was promptly dismissed by the Joint Chiefs of Staff. He then fired his chief-of-staff (former head of the Republican Party) with yet another retired military figure.

It's true enough that the White House has been chaotic for six months, and maybe a military guy can bring some order and discipline....that is....if he is given the authority to do so, which is highly doubtful. I give him six months. He won't be able to function without a clear chain of command, which is not Pumkinhead's style.

By firing Preibus as chief-of-staff, Pumpkinhead cut off another tie with the Republican Party, especially members of the House of Reps, since Priebus is close to Paul Ryan, the Speaker, and by attacking Sessions, he put more strain on the relationship with Republican senators, since Sessions is an ex-senator and generally well thought of. The only high profile Republican left who is also close to the prez is Mike Pence.

I don't think that there is a grand strategy in any of this. It is mostly a product of an immature, impulsive, ignorant fool who cannot express himself in complete thoughts.

frozen-north

Post by frozen-north » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:37 pm

cali_chile48 wrote:
It's true enough that the White House has been chaotic for six months, and maybe a military guy can bring some order and discipline....that is....if he is given the authority to do so, which is highly doubtful. I give him six months. He won't be able to function without a clear chain of command, which is not Pumkinhead's style.

Maybe Trump does not really want an experienced manager to structure and run the White House professionally, because a strong chief of staff by definition wields a lot of power, which might undercut the president's outsized view of himself as the unrivalled decision-maker.

But Trump's distorted view of loyalty essentially means fealty and can come only from family and people who are close to him personally. Such a definition of loyalty is ultimately impossible to reconcile with an administration governed by laws rather than personal bonds.

http://www.dw.com/en/opinion-spicer-pri ... a-39881585

cali_chile48

Post by cali_chile48 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:08 pm

That might be true, consciously or otherwise.

Pumpkinhead doesn't seem to realize that he is not bigger than Congress, and does seem to understand or respect the constitutional constraints on presidential power, even within the executive branch. He loves the attention that he gets from his early morning tweets, but he is so undisciplined and whiney about the way he uses Twitter he does himself much more harm than good.

He is not accustomed to anyone saying, NO, we won't break the rules for you and we won't yield to your bully tactics. He wants praise, praise and more praise, and the negative press irritates him to the point where he can't focus on anything else (not that he ever demonstrated a great ability to focus on anything for more than about a minute).

The country would have been so much better off with Clinton, despite her many flaws. As it is, the the White House is engulfed in flames from fires that they started themselves and then threw gasoline on. It is well beyond any definition of dysfunctional. It is chaotic, indifferent, self-absorbed, self-destructive and rapidly losing any ability to project power and influence, either domestically or internationally. The Senate knows it, the House knows it, the Joint Chiefs of Staff know it, the intelligence community knows it, Europe knows it, and so do Russia and North Korea. These are dangerous times.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:10 pm

Well let's see.

Putin is holding a military parade.

China is holding a military parade.

North korea just launched a second icbm.

We now have three former marine generals in the most powerful positions in the u.s. goverment. Love the u.s. marnines. My father was a u.s. marine. However i also have pretty good idea of how they view the world: to a hammer, everything looks like a nail. Marines are not like the other services. If they were just ho hum navy generals, or airforce, i would not be worried.

And, trump is way in over his head with no control over his own office, let alone congress, or any other part of the goverment. Every part of the goverment is still understaffed. He still has not sent apointments even for military secretary positions, let alone thousands of other vital goverment offices.

All that is a recipe for historical disaster, that might very well put the start of wwi and wwii to shame for one simple reason: we (the world) now have way more firepower, and way more people to kill with it.

Yea, i think we are all going to regret this.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

frozen-north

Post by frozen-north » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:58 pm

Donald Trump removes White House communications director Anthony Scaramucci

US President Donald Trump has removed Anthony Scaramucci from his role as White House communications director after just 10 days. Scaramucci courted controversy after a foul-mouthed attack on his colleagues.

http://www.dw.com/en/donald-trump-remov ... a-39912741

cali_chile48

Post by cali_chile48 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:27 pm

That was fast. Scaramucci got fired in his second week. Way to go General Kelly. Some order and discipline and decorum are long overdue.....