The Trump Administration

Anything at all (keep it clean) goes here that does not fit in to any of the other forums.

Moderator: eeuunikkeiexpat

at46

Re: The Trump Administration

Post by at46 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:58 pm

Britkid wrote:there's not so much reason to brainwash in the other direction.
Britkid wrote:We might need a world government or council of some kind to address the situation.
Bingo.

GringoVikingo

Post by GringoVikingo » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:52 pm

If Mitt Romney become secretary of state! you get 2 president's?
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
"George Carlin"

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:15 pm

Well, Obama press secretary says that the TPP is officially dead. 
Trump just went on the social media announcing his first agenda when taking the helm as the new US president
is to, withdrawal from the Trans Pacific Partnership. He wants do the bi-lateral FTA one nation at a time and only
thinking of benefit to the US and only the US. The rest of the world on their own. Now, anyone wants to make a deal?
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

at46

Post by at46 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:12 pm

HybridAmbassador wrote:He wants do the bi-lateral FTA one nation at a time and only
thinking of benefit to the US and only the US. The rest of the world on their own. Now, anyone wants to make a deal?
Obviously, Japan wants to cut some sort of deal given how quickly Sindzo Abe flew over to meet Trump. But I wonder why it was so urgent.

GringoVikingo

Post by GringoVikingo » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:50 pm

HybridAmbassador! to be honest Japan produce lot of high quality product, 10 years ago I work with "Topcon product" best there is when it come to alignment. I don't think Japan will suffer, some competition yes, but better quality for the consumers.
If you have some high technology product, I will be surprised if there is no Hitachi inside of it!
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
"George Carlin"

Kel

Post by Kel » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:40 pm

I don't understand the uproar about Trump being against ILLEGAL immigration. Chile isn't for illegal immigration either and there is no uproar about that. Trump has no intention of stopping the flow of LEGAL immigrants. He merely wants to stop the flow of thousands of people a day sneaking across the boarder illegally. That is the idea for the wall. What other civilized country on earth supports or encourages illegal immigration? Would Chile look the other way if thousands of people a day were sneaking into Chile from Bolivia or Peru with no passports or visas to settle down and work. I'm not saying that people don't do it but isn't encouraged or winked at.

I have a good Argentinian friend who went to Texas earlier this year. He is a college graduate and went legally with his passport and received a very warm reception. Texas needs Spanish-speaking teachers and he has already been offered a job and visa help so he can work as a teacher in Texas. He will be there for the 2017 school year. This hospitality won't go away under Trump. America still welcomes LEGAL immigrants.
Taking aim from the grassy knoll...

Billhere

Post by Billhere » Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:52 pm

Kel wrote: What other civilized country on earth supports or encourages illegal immigration?
Most of the EU apparently, there are millions right now, and they are still arriving !
Completely overwhelmed by the sheer numbers, many of whom are without identification, refusing to identify themselves, or give fingerprints, claim asylum or do anything that would conform to the basic requirements of being an immigrant.

Yes, there are many fleeing IS and the wars in their own countries, but many who are plainly economic migrants who seen to have no regard for the rules that most of live by. Refugees or economic migrants ? - who can tell. There seems to be a reluctance on the parts of many countries to start shipping these people back to where they say they come from, but France is starting to following on from the closing of the Jungle at Calais, and the subsequent unrest in various part of France where 'asylum seekers' are refusing to do exactly that ie seek asylum.

The EU caught truly with their pants down.

cali_chile48

Post by cali_chile48 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:08 pm

Trump has no intention of stopping the flow of LEGAL immigrants
He said he wants to implement a policy of "extreme, extreme vetting, extreme vetting, extreme vetting that's what I call extreme vetting" or some other nonsense that only makes sense in his brain. He could say things just once and most of us would understand, but he has to repeat his ideas to himself several times. It's not clear what "extreme vetting" means, since he never defined it, another common aspect of his speech, but it certainly sounds like cutting off the flow of immigrants by implementing a severely restrictive set of criteria before a foreigner can apply for a visa....so....based on the Toxic Clown's own words, I disagree with the statement in quotes above.

Of course there is a strong argument to be made that nothing he says should be believed by any rational person since he frequently reverses himself.

seawolf180

Post by seawolf180 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:06 pm

cali_chile48 wrote:
Trump has no intention of stopping the flow of LEGAL immigrants
He said he wants to implement a policy of "extreme, extreme vetting, extreme vetting, extreme vetting that's what I call extreme vetting" or some other nonsense that only makes sense in his brain. He could say things just once and most of us would understand, but he has to repeat his ideas to himself several times. It's not clear what "extreme vetting" means, since he never defined it, another common aspect of his speech, but it certainly sounds like cutting off the flow of immigrants by implementing a severely restrictive set of criteria before a foreigner can apply for a visa....so....based on the Toxic Clown's own words, I disagree with the statement in quotes above.

Of course there is a strong argument to be made that nothing he says should be believed by any rational person since he frequently reverses himself.
You should hear him discuss radical veterinarians.
Don't Tread On Me Either.

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:03 pm

at46 wrote:
HybridAmbassador wrote:He wants do the bi-lateral FTA one nation at a time and only
Obviously, Japan wants to cut some sort of deal given how quickly Sindzo Abe flew over to meet Trump. But I wonder why it was so urgent.
PM Abe says that a TPP without the US is not feasible. Abe, before arriving for the APEC meeting in Peru, made a stop over to see if Trump could be persuaded to rethink about him pulling out of the TPP but his plea to no avail. Only person laughing about Trump not doin' the TPP is the head honcho of China. Shi Jin Ping can now draft his own writing the rule of China as numero uno, his dream is, world domination...
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

Ripsigg

Post by Ripsigg » Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:02 am

Now that Hillary has got Jill Stein to demand a recount in 4 states (Michigan, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and Maine), there just might not be a Trump Administration.

cali_chile48

Post by cali_chile48 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:50 am

That re-count effort could be interesting. Stein sent out a tweet asking for donations and raised over 2 million dollars in less than 24 hours....so it seems there is a fair amount of interest in double-checking the results. This recount idea became a fairly big issue when some computer analysts found statistical anomalies in the vote counts in several states.

There is also some talk about the Electoral College voters withholding their votes until some kind of mechanism is created to reduce the obvious conflicts of interests between the president-elect's financial world (still quite opaque) and his political influence as POTUS.

Personally, I am not expecting much from either effort.