Poll: Who will win the USSA election?

Anything at all (keep it clean) goes here that does not fit in to any of the other forums.

Moderator: eeuunikkeiexpat

Who will be elected US President in 2016?

Poll ended at Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:00 pm

Hillary Clinton
43%
Donald Trump
50%
someone else
4%
no one
2%

Total votes: 46

JHyre

Re: Poll: Who will win the USSA election?

Post by JHyre » Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:26 pm

If Trump is smart (OK, that'll get some comments), he'll pardon her. He looks generous, she looks (and is) tawdry, and an investigation of the Clinton "Foundation" (Bribe Laundering and Tax Evasion Scheme) does not suck the oxygen from the room. Other issues matter more, far more. Letting the FBI do its job, while deserved, would prove an immense distraction. Let the Clintons slink back under their (well-padded) rock. Hopefully forever.

On the other hand....punishing such corruption does set a good precedent. Best to find another example of it (there are doubtless plenty) so it does not look vindictive. Rule of law, not personal grudges.

John Hyre

john

Post by john » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:11 pm

Indeed, it was a resounding Electoral College defeat for Clinton, even if she did manage to edge the popular vote. Moreover, the polarised divisions within US society have now reached toxic levels with no obvious way forward on the horizon. The following articles provide insightful perspectives from a politically progressive point of view.

Everything We Thought We Knew About Politics Was Wrong
https://www.thenation.com/article/every ... was-wrong/

Why Trump Won
https://www.thenation.com/article/why-trump-won/

It Really Is That Bad
https://www.thenation.com/article/it-re ... -that-bad/
One must care about a world one will not see.
--- Bertrand Russell

bert.douglas

Post by bert.douglas » Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:03 pm

JHyre wrote:If Trump is smart (OK, that'll get some comments), he'll pardon her.
That will never happen.
If Obama does not pardon Hillary, then I expect Trump to appoint a prosecutor, push it out of the media spotlight, and let the legal wheels grind slowly away for years.

fraggle092

Post by fraggle092 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:28 pm

JHyre wrote:If Trump is smart (OK, that'll get some comments), he'll pardon her.
John Hyre
Don't little things like making a case, a fair trial followed by a guilty verdict and sentencing come before a pardon?
I'm not an expert obviously.
Interesting times ahead.
Après moi, le déluge

seawolf180

Post by seawolf180 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:04 pm

frozen-north wrote:
seawolf180 wrote:
Where as Trump puts his interests first, no doubt, at least his country comes in a close second.
Second? Does it? Is there something in particular that you had in mind?
Something in particular, and Trump dont fully register in my mind. This is unchartered terrain.
Everything is speculation.
But sure beats the Clinton curse.
Don't Tread On Me Either.
crtv.com
conservativereview.com
Question Authority!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:18 pm

Cnn is just falling all over themselves trying to cover their ass and how they missed it. How they some how missed the majority of white angree voters.

Shit last year in florida i just had to sit on a bar stool, not say a word, and people would just start talking to me about how pissed they were and how broke they were. Comlete strangers. No speciall polling skills required.

It is right up there with how cnn went on months after the 2010 earthquake with the international red cross and claimed there was thousands of people in remote towns that had never even been reached. You know the ones i personally had been to months before.

Fictional news, and it is all "breaking news".
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:35 pm

Cnn is still refusing to call michigan for trump.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

JHyre

Post by JHyre » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:36 pm

Don't little things like making a case, a fair trial followed by a guilty verdict and sentencing come before a pardon?
Ford pardoned Nixon to cut off what was coming, really to spare the nation. As such, pardons can apparently pre-empt the underlying crime/potential crime.

John Hyre

JHyre

Post by JHyre » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:40 pm

by bert.douglas » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:03 pm
JHyre wrote:
If Trump is smart (OK, that'll get some comments), he'll pardon her.

That will never happen.
If Obama does not pardon Hillary, then I expect Trump to appoint a prosecutor, push it out of the media spotlight, and let the legal wheels grind slowly away for years.
Bert,

I'd be willing to make a friendly bet on that. Loser buys dinner & booze someday somewhere, bet effective if Obama does not pardon her first? She gets prosecuted, you win. Trump pardons, I win. Neither happens, we buy our own booze.

John Hyre

bert.douglas

Post by bert.douglas » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:05 pm

JHyre wrote:
by bert.douglas » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:03 pm
JHyre wrote:
If Trump is smart (OK, that'll get some comments), he'll pardon her.

That will never happen.
Bert,

I'd be willing to make a friendly bet on that. Loser buys dinner & booze someday somewhere, bet effective if Obama does not pardon her first? She gets prosecuted, you win. Trump pardons, I win. Neither happens, we buy our own booze.

John Hyre
Ok. You're on.

Andres

Post by Andres » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:17 pm

seawolf180 wrote:Hell, he'll have both senate, and house. Quite an opportunity.
I am not convinced a "Republican" house and senate will work with him as President.
They did not seem to report him much during the campaign.
I might be wrong; we will see.
Chile: My expectations are low. Very low.
I accept chaos. I'm not sure whether it accepts me.

cali_chile48

Post by cali_chile48 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:52 pm

Sittin' here by the ocean sippin' a beer and remembering how I felt in 2004 after Bush and Cheney were re-elected. It was shortly after that that I decided to start looking for someplace else to live. I imagine that this election will have a similar effect on many, many people in the US.

In my effort to maintain a positive mindset despite the rude slap in the face last night, I am trying to convince myself that Trump is, above all, a showman, and that his campaign to win the election was exactly that that....a show (by a brilliant showman).....and that a lot of the shit he said were "just words".....and that he will be a competent, fair administrator. I want to believe so, but his vindictive, impulsive temperament troubles me. Hopefully the professionals around him will be able keep him from doing too much damage.