Brexit

Anything at all (keep it clean) goes here that does not fit in to any of the other forums.

Moderator: eeuunikkeiexpat

mem

Re: Brexit

Post by mem » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:31 pm

HybridAmbassador wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:53 pm
Brexit- fast forward 2016~2019.. The Brits had more than 2 and half years to devise a plan to separate from the EU but still does not come to agreement in British parliament. A few days a go they voted No to PM May's Brexit plan presented to parliament and she got beaten up 220 to 437 or so. Are we to see the soon to great again GB breaking out of EU grasp without any accord?

If that to happen, GB will be corralled to fight an enourmous hard battle against formidable EU. Its economy will go down precipitously and all Brits will suffer the consequences. Exports from GB will be facing tariffs from the EU making British made products impossibly at handicap.

Japan alone has more than "one thousand" firms operating in GB with fabrication plants all over the UK not even counting other international firms established in GB as well. They all pretty soon has to close-down those factories or curtail its production...They have till 3/29/2019 to exit from EU or, just prolonged its exit by asking the EU for its restructuring but I see the EU not granting that wish? Where is GB or UK heading?

https://theconversation.com/brexit-how- ... -eu-109966

Brexit: how article 50 could be extended to delay UK’s departure from the EU..

In the aftermath of the crushing defeat of the government’s Brexit plan in the House of Commons, the question on everyone’s lips is “what next?” Opinion is divided: some say the UK is now heading for “no deal”, others for “no Brexit”.

If nothing is agreed, current UK law means the UK will leave the EU without a deal on March 29 – two years after the prime minister, Theresa May, triggered article 50, the article of the EU treaty which governs a state’s withdrawal. If the UK takes the decision to revoke article 50 the UK remains within the bloc with all its rights under EU law intact.

But both major parties insist that it is still possible to conjure up a new Brexit deal. As time is now very short, debate is turning to extending article 50, deferring the date on which the UK leaves the EU.
Or the fact it took May so long to even trigger article 50! She has always been a remainer and she has done her bit to slow boat this either wittingly or unwittingly. An article I read outlined how she instructed her underlings to just assume that most if not all of the current bonos of being an EU member were still in tact after leaving the EU in spite of doing little to nothing to actually renegotiate all those agreements as an independent GB. Then being shocked when that strategy did not work out

As far as a no deal brexit taking full effect in March...It will probably be another grand delay that GB and EU agree to extending the deadline (to give more time to spin wheels and run amok, err I mean negotiate) while they May keeps guffawing about how complicated and difficult it is. The other possibility is they force a second referendum after all this soul crushing delay, shenanigans, and incompetency to the people of GB and hope that they give in and give up and enough say "ah, forget brexit.

Donnybrook

Post by Donnybrook » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:11 am

I have not heard any politician from any party suggest a different deal which has a chance of reaching agreement with the EU. They just say they can negotiate a better deal. Why would the EU give them a better deal? There is no deal which will satisfy everyone and no deal will ever be more advantageous than being in the EU. Membership in the EU has always been a divisive issue in the UK from the very start. There is a very good BBC podcast called "Brexit - a love story?" which covers the history of how we got to where we are today. Granted, big mistakes have been made in the handling of the whole thing, including the referendum itself. I am not sure a second referendum would return a different result. Then what? Right back to where we are today.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:14 am

my read on it, and the whole brexit mess is just symptom of a bigger EU problem, is the bat shit crazy open migration being forced on all the countries.

EU members having free movment of people, i can understand that; but when they started morphing that policy in to everyone in the world must be accepted without question, things started going down hill.

you have this alleged PRO-EU block, that at the same time is willing to collapse the entire EU project if countries do not accept unlimited migration from everywhere in the world. what the hell is their objective? how does that even further an objective of open migration, if it just causes countries to close their boarders?

It only makes sense if you are actively trying to destroy the EU and are a true believer in the crustiest old form of Marxism.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:42 pm

When you are thinking how screwed up and paperwok and beauracracy is annoying and sometimes wonder how did dongs get so complicated in your life and or your business, just chuckle to yourself and think , Brexit , that's what I do, it seems to help.

The other complication to extending the deadline is European Parliament elections coming up in May, what is Britain going to vote in them? EU have already allocated Britains seats away to other countries, they may give a small extension to the March deadline but from all accounts it's not going to be more than 6 weeks or so.

So many errors and so many mistakes by so many politicians but I guess we have the benefit of hindsight , and you can spot the mistakes in anything in history ,looking back after the event is easy.
I just take comfort that there are mighty screw ups everywhere in the world and this one is fascinating to watch unfold, I heard some French politicians say that the British politicians in 2016 that said breaking from the EU would be an easy process were either ignorant or liars or both, the reality is to untangle Britain from the EU is like trying to take an egg out of an omlet.
In the Lakes Region Chile for 6 years. It looks like New Zealand in some ways, and is nearly at the bottom of the world too, but there the similarities end.

mem

Post by mem » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:58 pm

So May goes back to the EU asking for exactly the same deal they already rejected. Illustrating the colloquial definition of insanity.

But she is in earnest...no obstructionism going on. Either way it's bad. Either bad faith or irredeemable incompetence. Yet she keeps winning no confidence votes. I used to like her...before brexit.

Donnybrook

Post by Donnybrook » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:30 pm

The PM wants to deliver what the people voted for, Parliament wants to deliver what is best for the country. Amazingly, they are two different things. The EU is in serious need of slimming down and also dealing with the problem of free movement within the EU and immigration as a whole. There isn't a single person or group who comes off well in this.

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:38 pm

I reckon the EU must be getting to a point of "just piss of already Britain " it's not as if they haven't got enough other things going on there at the moment that need their attention, The EU can't hang around waiting for Britian to sort their shit out , which they haven't been able to come close to achieving in 2 years, any extension is pointless at this stage , for what ? To continue to leave May to try sort out something else in a few weeks/months? The EU should say "Just leave already", and let Britian njoy their no deal if that's what so many delusional politicians want, it's gonna be like watching a train wreck.
In the Lakes Region Chile for 6 years. It looks like New Zealand in some ways, and is nearly at the bottom of the world too, but there the similarities end.

mem

Post by mem » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:49 am

UK signed a new trade agreement with Chile. UK has been importing more year over year for the last 16 years

https://www.thedrinksbusiness.com/2019/ ... agreement/

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:44 pm

think it was last year someone in the british goverment was saying doing a trade agreement with chile was not worth the time.

not looking so bad now.

all that political stupidity is starting to pay off for chile.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.