Memorial Tribute for Greg Lansen

Anything at all (keep it clean) goes here that does not fit in to any of the other forums.

Moderator: eeuunikkeiexpat

Vicki and Greg Lansen

Memorial Tribute for Greg Lansen

Post by Vicki and Greg Lansen » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:02 pm

A youtube video of our first trip to Chile. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=slmvm8Y68iU

Gregory Mark Lansen 2/28/52 - 2/25-2016

Greg was born in Hammond, Indiana February 28, 1952 to Robert A. and Dorothy (Ryder) Lansen. He graduated from Xavier High School where he excelled in and lettered in football, basketball and golf. Greg attended University of Wisconsin (Madison) and received his undergraduate degree from University of Tampa. After graduating from Florida State University College of Law with a Juris doctorate, he practiced law as an Assistant State Attorney before opening his own private practice in Bradenton and worked as an Assistant Public Defender.

With a lust for adventure and travel, he retired in 2000 and with his wife traveled extensively, back-packing in Central and South America, living for periods of time in Costa Rica, Panama and Patagonia, Chile. Greg was loved everywhere he traveled, making life-long friends from all over the world. He loved politics and a good argument.

He is survived by his loving father Robert A. Lansen of Naples, his wife and fellow traveler Vicki, his three children, Dessa Willson (Vaughn) of Tampa, Christopher Watson (Melissa) and Nicholas Watson (Carly) of Bradenton, his grandchildren, Robert Kenneth Watson, his brother, Dr. Thomas Lansen (Tara) of Naples, FL, his two sisters, Carol Lansen of Los Angeles, CA, and Lori Lansen of Alburquerque, NM. He was preceded in death by his younger brother Douglas Lansen, and his mother Dorothy Lansen.

T_ROBO

Re: Memorial Tribute for Greg Lansen

Post by T_ROBO » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:15 pm

Vicki,
Please accept my sincere condolences.
TP

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:19 pm

My deepest sympathy to Vicki and family. Sorry for your loss.
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. I sayeth as I seeth.

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:05 pm

My condolences Vicki.

I consider you both literal founders of this forum. Looking at the Member data, they were the fourth username after the creation of admin back in 2006.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

beckererine

Post by beckererine » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:13 pm

So sorry to hear that. My deepest sympathy to you and the family. Sending hugs.

Putenio

Post by Putenio » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:44 pm

Thanks for all the posts in the early days.
Warm thoughts and deepest sympathies Vicki.
Enjoying the beautiful southern peninsula of Puerto Montt in the heart of it all.
Tenio Natural Reserve: http://www.visitsouthernchile.blogspot.com

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:45 pm

Vicky and Greg Lansen. I have read many,many of your concise and exciting posts in allchile.net over many years.
My deepest condolences for your loss of Greg Lansen. May his soul rest in peace up in the heaven. I'm sure he will be
adventuring more up there as he did in Chile.
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

Donnybrook

Post by Donnybrook » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:11 pm

My condolences on your loss. I remember reading a lot of your posts when I first joined the forum. I hope you find peace at this difficult time.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:32 pm

Greg and Vicky were some of our very first forum members and very first clients. We had many adventures over the years. Everything from horseback hunts for property in the Patagonia, to erupting volcanoes, to rescues of street dogs. You both lived the adventure. For that, both of you have all my respect.

One of my favorite stories of adventurers is the death of Marco Polo.
On his deathbed, Marco was encouraged to admit that The Travels of Marco Polo was a work of fiction, but to his dying breath he declared, "I did not tell half of what I saw."

Anything you need, you know where to find us.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:38 pm

admin note: I just made this thread a global announcement and sticky. Some of our older members, that know greg and vicky personally, only occasionally stop by the forum to catch-up so I want to make sure they all see it.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Vicki and Greg Lansen

Post by Vicki and Greg Lansen » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:32 pm

If anyone watches the youtube video, they will realize why we made the leap to Chile. Not for the faint of heart in practice, but safe and sound was not something Greg was ever content with. You and Zandra helped facilitate our adventure and I would not change one cold, rainy day or volcanic eruption for all of our time there.

It will take me a while, but I will be back. A warning to those not afraid of adventure...once you go to Patagonia, it just about ruins you for living anywhere else. With the whirring of Greg's O2 machine this past week, I dreamt again of the river singing down below our cabin. He is there again. He is everywhere.

Thanks everyone.

jehturner

Post by jehturner » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:27 pm

Oh, that's too bad. Sorry to hear that.

James.