Expoweed

Anything at all (keep it clean) goes here that does not fit in to any of the other forums.

Moderator: eeuunikkeiexpat

rocksana

Expoweed

Post by rocksana » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:14 pm

http://www.expoweed.cl/

I didn't know it was legal in CHile now... I had read something about a project going on in La Florida.
Anyone attending?

If I were there I would totally go, even though I am not a consumer, but still I'd be so curious to check it out

admin
Site Admin

Re: Expoweed

Post by admin » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:53 pm

let me be very clear to all foreigners that might come across this post, marijuana, for any purpose, is not legal in Chile. There is one, small, highly regulate experiment to grow medical marijuana.

We know of at least one foreigner that was thrown out of the country, with residency, for growing marijuana because friends told him it was legal for medical purposes. By the way, he took a major loss on selling things like property, cars, and so on, because his life in Chile was over.

You, as a foreigner, getting caught with marijuana (especially in any quantities) has a whole different set of consequences than a Chilean citizen getting caught.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

gyroid

Post by gyroid » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:25 am

Yeah, it's absolutely not legal, even if you see dude in Santiago smoking it near the Zoo (we saw one).

It looks more like Canadian unwritten non-enforcement policy. But some of authorities still can try to punish you. And the cheapest punishment for a non-citizen is deportation.

El Lechero

Post by El Lechero » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:52 pm

Just curious OP? Cough cough yeah sure you are. Ill belive you, thousands wouldn't.

rocksana

Post by rocksana » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:35 pm

admin wrote:let me be very clear to all foreigners that might come across this post, marijuana, for any purpose, is not legal in Chile. There is one, small, highly regulate experiment to grow medical marijuana.

You, as a foreigner, getting caught with marijuana (especially in any quantities) has a whole different set of consequences than a Chilean citizen getting caught.

Why would the consequences be different for a foreigner??

As far as I knew a personal dose was allowed, but not having your own plant....

Then such a huge expo is totally misleading, I mean the way it has been advertised. I read in the news that a congressman attended and received and received a joint as a present.

I think they should legalize it and stop the hypocrisy

El Lechero wrote:Just curious OP? Cough cough yeah sure you are. Ill belive you, thousands wouldn't.
yes indeed not my thing. My CNS doesn't like foreign substances... I cannot even handle a cup of tea or mate without feeling dizzy :)
I stick to a moderate glass of wine every so often . But I think weed is a very good thing for others to have.

Snowman628

Post by Snowman628 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:27 pm

admin wrote:let me be very clear to all foreigners that might come across this post, marijuana, for any purpose, is not legal in Chile. There is one, small, highly regulate experiment to grow medical marijuana.

We know of at least one foreigner that was thrown out of the country, with residency, for growing marijuana because friends told him it was legal for medical purposes. By the way, he took a major loss on selling things like property, cars, and so on, because his life in Chile was over.

This article was in The Globe and Mail. Border guards at USA points of entry were asking if you had ever used marijuana and if a person said yes...tough luck!!

If you admit you’ve smoked marijuana or plan to, you can be banned permanently – there’s no due process, no right to a trial and it’s not appealable,” says Mark Belanger, a Vancouver lawyer who works on border issues. “Anything drug-related is typically a crime involving moral turpitude. Those are magic words and you’ll be banned from entering the United States.”

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:03 am

It is different because it one of the few things, given the neighborhood we are in, that the department of immigration has a clear mandate to toss you out if caught with anything that could be even remotely construed as trafficking. Chile has had a serious problem for decades being used as a transit point for traffickers. Many are often legal residents. The low level bureaucrats at immigration, are not going to risk their job to support your philosophical argument about the wonders of marijuana if you get caught with any quantity.

Even if you are not tossed out, keep in mind that each time you renew your residency or try to apply for citizenship, a criminal record must be submitted and/or is checked. Don't give them the excuse. They are pretty good about using any excuse to lighten their workload.

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:09 pm

I can see how things being the way they are here can be extremely confusing and misleading for a gringo.

EXAMPLE:
In the past month, 2 GROW SHOPS have opened up on the same street here in backwater Llo Lleo. Just wondering, is this also occurring in Santiasco and other parts? Feedback?

So it is perfectly legal to sell the seeds, growing supplies and even closest-sized ready-to-use indoor growing systems?

So imagine two young gringo dudes getting off the plane and seeing these grow shops and going in and shooting the breeze with the ganja-type owner or employees...
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

Andres

Post by Andres » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:58 pm

Five weeks ago I saw one in a caracol in Nunoa which I had not seen before.
I had been in the same caracol before but did not see the shop; do not know whether or not it is a new addition.
Chile: My expectations are low. Very low.
I accept chaos. I'm not sure whether it accepts me.

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:20 pm

Make that 3 grow shops in a two block area of Llo Lleo.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:54 am

So something has changed legal-wise or these shops and this promotion would not be legal.
Screen Shot 2015-02-13 at 10.37.33 AM.jpg
Above, one of the three grow shops that sprang up in recent months in Llo Lleo.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:36 am

by the way, since this thread started, we have heard of more foreigners being shown to the door for drug related charges.

Basically, if you are lucky, the prosecutors will simply give you the option to leave Chile on your own or face charges. That is not to say they don't charge you, and then immigration sends a deportation order anyway; just, the prosecutor may opt to lighten their workload by making it a condition of not prosecuting. They always have the option to prosecute you, make you serve your time, and then deport you.

Closely related, we are starting to see the PDI at the airport, refuse entry to people with felony records in other countries, even for just a tourist visa. We are still trying to gauge what they consider worthy of deportation, but you can bet drug related crimes are on the list.

I was at a wedding last week, at which a friend that is a PDI officer happened to be at. We asked him about it, and he explained that the interpole databases are now real time at the boarder. It use to take them several days or weeks to file a request and get back a report on individuals. Now they got their own "google" or "facebook" of international criminal records.