Stock up before Wed - alky to rise

Anything at all (keep it clean) goes here that does not fit in to any of the other forums.

Moderator: eeuunikkeiexpat

eeuunikkeiexpat

Stock up before Wed - alky to rise

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:15 pm

So that is why there were offers on all the pisco brands this past week. Must be the producers afraid of a crash in sales from Wednesday on. Yeah a $1100 peso or more increase in the cheap stuff and much more for the premium stuff will probably affect sales.

Wine and beer, expect $150-$200 peso increase por litro.
Que será, será.

ABIII

Re: Stock up before Wed - alky to rise

Post by ABIII » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:04 pm

so little warning!! must stock up
Based in Chile - 1990
Lake District - 2009

thisisreallycomplicated

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:32 pm

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:So that is why there were offers on all the pisco brands this past week. Must be the producers afraid of a crash in sales from Wednesday on. Yeah a $1100 peso or more increase in the cheap stuff and much more for the premium stuff will probably affect sales.

Wine and beer, expect $150-$200 peso increase por litro.
That sucks. My favorite wine's gonna cost me over $3 US a bottle now :( It's time to quit drinking.
“Now it’s conspiracy – they’ve made that something that should not even be entertained for a minute, that powerful people might get together and have a plan. Doesn’t happen, you’re a kook, you’re a conspiracy buff!” – George Carlin

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:35 pm

thisisreallycomplicated wrote:That sucks. My favorite wine's gonna cost me over $3 US a bottle now :( It's time to quit drinking.
Sir, BUY and pay more tax like a good resident, the gov is relying on this mod to fix problems that cannot be fixed by throwing more money at them.
Que será, será.

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:48 pm

Bought two bottles of aguardiente for Xmas-New Years and four bottles of 1 L Pisco Capel. While I was putting them in the cart, a chileno guy in his 30s asked me if I was Chilean. I said no and he introduced himself as someone who works for Capel and then handed me a red "Capel Puro Chile" pen that was in his shirt pocket. The silver lining of a sad day!
Que será, será.

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:12 am

OK, here is what I learned. The media may have been alarmist in regards to how fast the increases would be. There is a 4 month phase in period or so. My favorite botillería said that current stock can still be sold at old prices (so supposedly this will legally apply to new stock). And that the producers will probably absorb a portion of the increase resulting in less drastic final pricing.

FWIW, like 100 watt incandescent lightbulbs still being available on the shelves, yesterday I saw that vino was still at the old prices at the local supermarket and I did buy more than one of my favorite 750 ml variety before that "old" stock was depleted.
Que será, será.

tonyakaserg

Post by tonyakaserg » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:44 pm

Looks like retailers will be taking their sweet time in increasing these prices. Most likely will happen around Christmas and New Years as a price hike will have to be tolerated by consumers and sales will not be affected.

On a side note, I have recently come across possibly one of the best beers in Chile. Image attached. Looks like this Micro Brewery is in Curacaví. http://www.kross.cl
KrossPaleAle.jpg
KrossPaleAle.jpg (35.12 KiB) Viewed 1315 times

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:56 pm

I like the pilsner when I need a bitter-side beer fix. Both the Golden and Pilsner $3790 at the local Lider for a 4-pack. Also a stout which I haven't tried yet for a gamba o dos more. Wonder if the GGC/FO dweebs drink it.
Que será, será.