Page 2 of 4

Re: Starving Cuba

Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:02 pm
by HybridAmbassador
JHyre wrote:How things change. For those of who were alive & sentient in the 1980's, who'd have imagined that people would flee for safety from anywhere to Columbia?

John Hyre
that people would flee for safety from anywhere to Columbia?
Ahem !
Darth Vader-san, Not the _u_ as the famous Columbia, but the country notorious for
Cocaine drug lord as Colombia republic. Even a savio person like yourself known to make writin' mistake..?

Re: Starving Cuba

Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:16 pm
by HybridAmbassador
Once had a dear friend originating from Santiago Cuba. She said in order to Fidel Castro let her join her aunt in Florida,she had to join the "program" of joining the "asqueroso" ( dirty bunch, as they were called )people trying to flee the paradise Cuba under the hero, Fidel Castro. They all had to earn the "passport" to the free land ,the US o A . Go to the mountains, live there for Coffee harvesting for almost the entire season thus earning the right to leaving Cuba...

But at the same time, Castro released the prison inmates Miami bound! So majority of heavy duty criminals
made the US beaches, as you seen in the movie...Scar face..Those Cuban ruthless criminals that flourished in Miami
they all came via Fidel Castro's master plan..The cleansing of the over crowded prisons all over Cuba, to godsland..

Re: Starving Cuba

Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:20 pm
by HybridAmbassador
Gloria wrote:
HybridAmbassador wrote:
that people would flee for safety from anywhere to Columbia?
Ahem !
Darth Vader-san, Not the _u_ as the famous Columbia, but the country notorious for
Cocaine drug lord as Colombia republic. Even a savio person like yourself known to make writin' mistake..?
:D grasshoppers are everywhere....Savio as wise in spanish? Then is....sabio.
Then is....sabio.[/
My bad,..Se me callo el diccionario castellano ! Thanks Gloria-san...

Re: Starving Cuba

Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:08 pm
by JHyre
H.A. San,

Spelling errors everywhere one looks. I used to be able to spell. Until Word spell-check came along. Likewise, I used to remember phone numbers. Now, when my cellphone is not working correctly, I am simply unable to call anyone, for which they are doubtless grateful.

Technology is ruining my memory - that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Nothing to do with my being sloppy, forgetful or hasty. Nope.

John Hyre

Re: Starving Cuba

Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:27 pm
by HybridAmbassador
JHyre wrote:H.A. San,

Spelling errors everywhere one looks. I used to be able to spell. Until Word spell-check came along. Likewise, I used to remember phone numbers. Now, when my cellphone is not working correctly, I am simply unable to call anyone, for which they are doubtless grateful.

Technology is ruining my memory - that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Nothing to do with my being sloppy, forgetful or hasty. Nope.

John Hyre
Thank you for your patiently timely explanation. El Sabio ( the wise one ) even like yourself, tend to make one here and there. But me thinks you are still ahead of many ...

Re: Starving Cuba

Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:33 pm
by JHyre
Thank you for your patiently timely explanation. El Sabio ( the wise one ) even like yourself, tend to make one here and there. But me thinks you are still ahead of many ...
You are much too kind. I make a great many errors. If only most of them were as small as spelling flaws!

I do try to spot and correct them. And to learn from at least some of them.

John Hyre

Re: Starving Cuba

Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:34 pm
by HybridAmbassador
Gloria wrote:
HybridAmbassador wrote:
Gloria wrote:
HybridAmbassador wrote:

:D grasshoppers are everywhere....Savio as wise in spanish? Then is....sabio.
Then is....sabio.[/
My bad,..Se me callo el diccionario castellano ! Thanks Gloria-san...
El diccionario y toda la enciclopedia..............( sonríe, es solo una broma)
Callo....cayó ( tiempo pretérito del verbo caer). You write even better than the chileans do so I give you lots of credit!
Callo....cayó


Yep, both sound as same but spelled diferently... Callo=Silenced. Cayó=Fell~Dropped..Castellano es muy complicado !

Re: Starving Cuba

Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:08 pm
by gringalais
Hate to burst your bubble, but there is a pronounciation difference. Maybe you need to get your Spanish books out and figure out what it is.

Re: Starving Cuba

Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:01 pm
by gringalais
I was referring to cayó and callo, which is what he was referring to. The stressed syllable is different, which is a pronounciation difference. If not, there would be no accent on the o in the first case.

Re: Starving Cuba

Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:04 pm
by HybridAmbassador
gringalais wrote:Hate to burst your bubble, but there is a pronounciation difference. Maybe you need to get your Spanish books out and figure out what it is.
Always barging in.....MYOFB ! Then show me your Castellano proficiency...I can see your back but can not see mine.
Mind you but every Chilenos when me whilst there understood me perfectly.. ha ha ha.. Also understood them clearly, so no needing to tell me to open any books.

Re: Starving Cuba

Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:14 pm
by gringalais
I've said all I have to on the subject. No need to PM.

Re: Starving Cuba

Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:12 pm
by mlightheart
HybridAmbassador wrote:
gringalais wrote:Hate to burst your bubble, but there is a pronounciation difference. Maybe you need to get your Spanish books out and figure out what it is.
Always barging in.....MYOFB ! Then show me your Castellano proficiency...I can see your back but can not see mine.
Mind you but every Chilenos when me whilst there understood me perfectly.. ha ha ha.. Also understood them clearly, so no needing to tell me to open any books.
Ricky-san then you must have been very fortunate indeed. This train of thought kind of reminds me of bridge and chopsticks, which I believe are spelled the same in Romanized Japanese. The difference being in the syllable accented. There is also a third word spelled the same which doesn't have an accented syllable. There are a number of other words that come to mind like these. There are a number of words like these in the Japanese language that foreigners have difficulty with. What does this have to do with the topic, nothing. Chill out and take it easy. :mrgreen: