Starving Cuba

Anything at all (keep it clean) goes here that does not fit in to any of the other forums.

Moderator: eeuunikkeiexpat

HybridAmbassador
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 3804
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:19 pm

Re: Starving Cuba

Post by HybridAmbassador » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:02 pm

JHyre wrote:How things change. For those of who were alive & sentient in the 1980's, who'd have imagined that people would flee for safety from anywhere to Columbia?

John Hyre
that people would flee for safety from anywhere to Columbia?
Ahem !
Darth Vader-san, Not the _u_ as the famous Columbia, but the country notorious for
Cocaine drug lord as Colombia republic. Even a savio person like yourself known to make writin' mistake..?
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

HybridAmbassador
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 3804
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:19 pm

Re: Starving Cuba

Post by HybridAmbassador » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:16 pm

Once had a dear friend originating from Santiago Cuba. She said in order to Fidel Castro let her join her aunt in Florida,she had to join the "program" of joining the "asqueroso" ( dirty bunch, as they were called )people trying to flee the paradise Cuba under the hero, Fidel Castro. They all had to earn the "passport" to the free land ,the US o A . Go to the mountains, live there for Coffee harvesting for almost the entire season thus earning the right to leaving Cuba...

But at the same time, Castro released the prison inmates Miami bound! So majority of heavy duty criminals
made the US beaches, as you seen in the movie...Scar face..Those Cuban ruthless criminals that flourished in Miami
they all came via Fidel Castro's master plan..The cleansing of the over crowded prisons all over Cuba, to godsland..
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

Gloria
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 4528
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:30 pm
Location: Región de los Ríos

Re: Starving Cuba

Post by Gloria » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:16 pm

HybridAmbassador wrote:
that people would flee for safety from anywhere to Columbia?
Ahem !
Darth Vader-san, Not the _u_ as the famous Columbia, but the country notorious for
Cocaine drug lord as Colombia republic. Even a savio person like yourself known to make writin' mistake..?
:D grasshoppers are everywhere....Savio as wise in spanish? Then is....sabio.
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. I sayeth as I seeth.

HybridAmbassador
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 3804
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:19 pm

Re: Starving Cuba

Post by HybridAmbassador » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:20 pm

Gloria wrote:
HybridAmbassador wrote:
that people would flee for safety from anywhere to Columbia?
Ahem !
Darth Vader-san, Not the _u_ as the famous Columbia, but the country notorious for
Cocaine drug lord as Colombia republic. Even a savio person like yourself known to make writin' mistake..?
:D grasshoppers are everywhere....Savio as wise in spanish? Then is....sabio.
Then is....sabio.[/
My bad,..Se me callo el diccionario castellano ! Thanks Gloria-san...
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

Gloria
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 4528
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:30 pm
Location: Región de los Ríos

Re: Starving Cuba

Post by Gloria » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:23 pm

HybridAmbassador wrote:
Gloria wrote:
HybridAmbassador wrote:

:D grasshoppers are everywhere....Savio as wise in spanish? Then is....sabio.
Then is....sabio.[/
My bad,..Se me callo el diccionario castellano ! Thanks Gloria-san...
El diccionario y toda la enciclopedia..............( sonríe, es solo una broma)
Callo....cayó ( tiempo pretérito del verbo caer). You write even better than the chileans do so I give you lots of credit!
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. I sayeth as I seeth.

Gloria
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 4528
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:30 pm
Location: Región de los Ríos

Re: Starving Cuba

Post by Gloria » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:38 pm

Starving Cuba? Does anyone really cares? In few years Chile will be thirsty!
http://radio.uchile.cl/2013/10/02/alert ... os-mineros
http://www.gamba.cl/2013/08/chile-se-qu ... acuiferos/
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. I sayeth as I seeth.

User avatar
JHyre
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 1991
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:08 am
Location: Columbus, Ohio

Re: Starving Cuba

Post by JHyre » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:08 pm

H.A. San,

Spelling errors everywhere one looks. I used to be able to spell. Until Word spell-check came along. Likewise, I used to remember phone numbers. Now, when my cellphone is not working correctly, I am simply unable to call anyone, for which they are doubtless grateful.

Technology is ruining my memory - that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Nothing to do with my being sloppy, forgetful or hasty. Nope.

John Hyre

HybridAmbassador
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 3804
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:19 pm

Re: Starving Cuba

Post by HybridAmbassador » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:27 pm

JHyre wrote:H.A. San,

Spelling errors everywhere one looks. I used to be able to spell. Until Word spell-check came along. Likewise, I used to remember phone numbers. Now, when my cellphone is not working correctly, I am simply unable to call anyone, for which they are doubtless grateful.

Technology is ruining my memory - that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Nothing to do with my being sloppy, forgetful or hasty. Nope.

John Hyre
Thank you for your patiently timely explanation. El Sabio ( the wise one ) even like yourself, tend to make one here and there. But me thinks you are still ahead of many ...
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

User avatar
JHyre
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 1991
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:08 am
Location: Columbus, Ohio

Re: Starving Cuba

Post by JHyre » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:33 pm

Thank you for your patiently timely explanation. El Sabio ( the wise one ) even like yourself, tend to make one here and there. But me thinks you are still ahead of many ...
You are much too kind. I make a great many errors. If only most of them were as small as spelling flaws!

I do try to spot and correct them. And to learn from at least some of them.

John Hyre

HybridAmbassador
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 3804
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:19 pm

Re: Starving Cuba

Post by HybridAmbassador » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:34 pm

Gloria wrote:
HybridAmbassador wrote:
Gloria wrote:
HybridAmbassador wrote:

:D grasshoppers are everywhere....Savio as wise in spanish? Then is....sabio.
Then is....sabio.[/
My bad,..Se me callo el diccionario castellano ! Thanks Gloria-san...
El diccionario y toda la enciclopedia..............( sonríe, es solo una broma)
Callo....cayó ( tiempo pretérito del verbo caer). You write even better than the chileans do so I give you lots of credit!
Callo....cayó


Yep, both sound as same but spelled diferently... Callo=Silenced. Cayó=Fell~Dropped..Castellano es muy complicado !
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

User avatar
gringalais
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 894
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:09 am
Location: La Reina

Re: Starving Cuba

Post by gringalais » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:08 pm

Hate to burst your bubble, but there is a pronounciation difference. Maybe you need to get your Spanish books out and figure out what it is.

Gloria
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 4528
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:30 pm
Location: Región de los Ríos

Re: Starving Cuba

Post by Gloria » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:57 pm

gringalais wrote:Hate to burst your bubble, but there is a pronounciation difference. Maybe you need to get your Spanish books out and figure out what it is.
Nope, you're wrong! Look for verb "caer" y "callar". Maybe YOU need to get your spanish books out and figure out how it is, back to school.
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. I sayeth as I seeth.

Post Reply