Leaving Chile

Anything at all (keep it clean) goes here that does not fit in to any of the other forums.

Moderator: eeuunikkeiexpat

bearshapedsphere

Re: Leaving Chile

Post by bearshapedsphere » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:38 am

I am not aware of the lump sum vs. smaller amounts. I think the payout is just what you're owed, but I guess I was owed too much to get it paid out as a lump sum. I would have taken it in as few payments as possible. I only worked where I'd been working for a few years, and didn't make much money, so maybe the paid out over time thing is about some limit on how much they can pay in a month. Honestly, I don't know!
11 years and counting in Chile
http://bearshapedsphere.com
tweeting occasionally at /bearshapedspher
food whatnot at instagram/dishsantiago

zer0nz

Post by zer0nz » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:05 am

bearshapedsphere wrote:I am not aware of the lump sum vs. smaller amounts. I think the payout is just what you're owed, but I guess I was owed too much to get it paid out as a lump sum. I would have taken it in as few payments as possible. I only worked where I'd been working for a few years, and didn't make much money, so maybe the paid out over time thing is about some limit on how much they can pay in a month. Honestly, I don't know!
Yeah, no, i was wrong, i have read it all again..

You have a FUND saved, once you have saved for more than 12 months you are able to access it.. its really just a savings account your obliged to use.

anyway, you get it in a series of payments your first 30 days after your unemployed, the first payment is 50% of the average of your last 3 months of payments... the next 40%, then next 30% until its gone,

in my case it could be used up in the first payment.

so you need to wait 30 days between when you quit and when you get it.

So if you quit and leave the country you will need to have either a bank account still active here to have it transferred automatically! (problem is if you are taking all your money you will want to close the accounts as the fees are not worth keeping it open... OR have a banco estado account, but im not sure if the cards work outside of chile??????? if this is the case you could leave the car with a trusted person.. but then the money is going to be so small it wont be worth transferring by transfer, you could send it by western union or paypal, but once again fees etc!.

zer0nz

Post by zer0nz » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:49 pm

So on the subject of preparing a car for sale,

anyone have a contact for a reasonable priced panel and paint or "reparacion de parachoques" in santiago, if one was to remove the bumps and scrapes from the walls of car parking buildings from the bumpers

i see there are about 4 or 5 in a row on san francisco... has anyone used any of these?

zer0nz

Post by zer0nz » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:43 pm

Has anyone ever taken a 46" tv as excess and oversize luggage? (lan chile) ???? the website says "sporting or musical equipment"....

sqcpcg

Post by sqcpcg » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:23 am

zer0nz wrote:Has anyone ever taken a 46" tv as excess and oversize luggage? (lan chile) ???? the website says "sporting or musical equipment"....
If you have watched a football game on it, by all rights it should then have become sporting equipment. :)

zer0nz

Post by zer0nz » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:15 am

sqcpcg wrote:
zer0nz wrote:Has anyone ever taken a 46" tv as excess and oversize luggage? (lan chile) ???? the website says "sporting or musical equipment"....
If you have watched a football game on it, by all rights it should then have become sporting equipment. :)

haha, rugby games sure!,
i was going to tell them it was some sort of musical instrument, was thinking of making a special carry case for it more streamlined than the original box... then declare it as a a musical device!

ryanar

Post by ryanar » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:07 am

I can't believe you think it will arrive in one piece... :? Your experience of baggage handlers around the world must be different to mine.

zer0nz

Post by zer0nz » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:28 am

ryanar wrote:I can't believe you think it will arrive in one piece... :? Your experience of baggage handlers around the world must be different to mine.
Im thinking a 6mm plywood case with 10mm of polystyrene each site.. the tv is only 30mm thick in its widest part, so with the packaging it would end up about 70mm think in a special made case!

Resale value here sucks, and to rebuy there new is expensive, so paying for the oversize baggage is far less than the amount i would lose overall! However airfreighting it would not be worth it!

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:03 pm

zer0nz wrote:
ryanar wrote:I can't believe you think it will arrive in one piece... :? Your experience of baggage handlers around the world must be different to mine.
Im thinking a 6mm plywood case with 10mm of polystyrene each site.. the tv is only 30mm thick in its widest part, so with the packaging it would end up about 70mm think in a special made case!

Resale value here sucks, and to rebuy there new is expensive, so paying for the oversize baggage is far less than the amount i would lose overall! However airfreighting it would not be worth it!
zerOns-san, read _otravers_ post shipping monitors from Korea by freight, why don't ask him on how those tv flat panels came wrapped up and arrived in one piece. You might get an idea as to how wrapping up your 42 incher..
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

zer0nz

Post by zer0nz » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:09 pm

haha, http://www.economiaynegocios.cl/noticia ... p?id=76405
its from 2010. i hope things have improved!

zer0nz

Post by zer0nz » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:18 pm

Does anyone have a contact for a very good experienced Spanish to English medical translator? May need to translate a MRI report.....

zer0nz

Post by zer0nz » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:40 pm

If one was to be leaving chile,

where would they find large one use bags to use for checked luggage?

like this