Car demolished by horse on highway

Anything at all (keep it clean) goes here that does not fit in to any of the other forums.

Moderator: eeuunikkeiexpat

hlf2888

Car demolished by horse on highway

Post by hlf2888 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:19 am

R, the caretaker was driving home on a paved road, below the speed limit when a horse jumped a fence and he hit the horse. Sadly the horse died. The car is a write-off. It would make more sense to replace it with same mark and year and mileage than to try to repair it. The police told R it was the responsibility of the horses owner to cover the damage. Now R has a notice for a juzgada de policia locale on a date in November. What happens here? Does the judge officially order the horse owner to pay? What if he denies it was his horse?

The police told R that if I need to get a lawyer, the owner will have to pay for the damages and my lawyer. At first the owner told R he would offer me a horse. Last thing I need. Then the number 2,000,000 was bandied about, but a quick search on chileauto revealed a 2011 Nissan Tiida with low mileage was asking 2,800,000.

Has anyone had any experience with this? I emailed the insurance company but they are not answering.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Car demolished by horse on highway

Post by admin » Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:22 am

did you have full coverage on the car?
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.