Cancelling Entel and Claro from outside Chile

Anything at all (keep it clean) goes here that does not fit in to any of the other forums.

Moderator: eeuunikkeiexpat

hlf2888

Cancelling Entel and Claro from outside Chile

Post by hlf2888 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:15 pm

Navigating the frustrating corporate labyrinth from outside Chile

I am trying to cancel accounts with Entel and Claro from Canada. Typically self-serving, they have easy online option to open an account, add services but no links to cancelling an account. Instead Entel gives 600 and 800 numbers to call which do not work from Canada. And Claro sends me down an endless rabbit hole of links, none leading to a cancellation option. Has anybody been able to cancel an account from outside Chile and if so, how?

scandinavian

Re: Cancelling Entel and Claro from outside Chile

Post by scandinavian » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:43 pm

Try using Skype (or similar) call out service. I have had success with when trying to call these 600 and 800 numbers.

hlf2888

Post by hlf2888 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:27 pm

thank you scandinavian, that's good news. When I tried using skype for another 600 number a few years ago, it didn't work, will try again.

passport

Post by passport » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:07 am

I had the same issue with my bank, needing to call customer service in Santiago from outside Chile. In my case, I contacted my account executive who was able to give me a conventional phone number to call Santiago. Maybe you could have one of your friends in Chile call the 600 or 800 number, and ask for a conventional number to reach the department you need, or at least a general conventional number for someone who can direct you to a more specific conventional one. Good luck

hlf2888

Post by hlf2888 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:09 pm

thanks passport, will also try that and report back. Because of C19, everything seems to be moving like molasses

nwdiver

Post by nwdiver » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:06 pm

Setup a VPN then use a Chilean server for your application, I do it all the time and also am in Canada for my Netflix account when in Chile.

No connection to them, only a satisfied customer.

Nord VPN
It's all about the wine.

hlf2888

Post by hlf2888 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:54 am

nwdiver wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:06 pm
Setup a VPN then use a Chilean server for your application, I do it all the time and also am in Canada for my Netflix account when in Chile.

No connection to them, only a satisfied customer.

Nord VPN
Thanks nwdiver, My problem is their 600 and 800 numbers are not accessible via skype and they have no option to cancel on their website. They make it easy to join and difficult to leave. Are you saying use the VPNs to make skype calls? If so, that's rather brilliant. Will try tomorrow and let you know.