Bolivia in court today about Chile and access to the sea

Anything at all (keep it clean) goes here that does not fit in to any of the other forums.

Moderator: eeuunikkeiexpat

admin
Site Admin

Re: Bolivia in court today about Chile and access to the sea

Post by admin » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:36 am

there you go. chile wins. 20 to 3 votes.

the court just crushed all their "arguments" (some of bolivia's claims / assertions / utterances were so bad, i am not sure they constituted an arguement).

now wait for it. get ready for evo to make all sorts of crazy claims for domestic consumption.

what i will be interested in seeing is some of the desenting judge's views to see if anyone came up with anything coherent. one of the judges was apointed by bolivia, so obviously we know how that went. it is the other two that might of found something.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:42 am

my wife and i were joking, that from now on anytime chile does something involving bolivia, there will be a disclaimer attached that says "this does not creat an obligation".

a bolivian indian crosses the boarder in the middle of the night illegally, there will be someone handing out a notice " this does not create an obligation".

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:46 am

the thing is, frigen evo by doing this, all but assured chile will never negotiate anything like soveriegn access. at least not our lifetime.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:39 pm

you know the real sad thing about this is the crazy dog and pony show is the incrediable waist of money, that both countries had way better things to do with.

that case had to easily cost more than a billion dollars. a billion dollars buys a whole lot of education, health cair, infrastructure for both chile and bolivia.

never mind the time waisted with the political distraction.

hell, they could at least put a down payment for digging a canal to bolivia.

at46

Post by at46 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:37 pm

admin wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:36 am
what i will be interested in seeing is some of the desenting judge's views to see if anyone came up with anything coherent. one of the judges was apointed by bolivia, so obviously we know how that went. it is the other two that might of found something.
Which judge was appointed by Bolivia? Two dissenters I looked up seem to represent the French shipping company CMA CGM: Nawaf Salam (port of Beirut) and Yves Daudet (port of Marseille).

mem

Post by mem » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:13 pm

admin wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:46 am
the thing is, frigen evo by doing this, all but assured chile will never negotiate anything like soveriegn access. at least not our lifetime.
You got that right. Could have caught more flies with honey than vinegar.

Evo is certainly getting drunk tonight to ease the pain.

It is too bad a nice deal could not have been made with discounted bolivian petroleum for chile in exchange for some better level of sea access.

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:30 am

A massive failed 2019 reelection ploy by Evo. Wonder what the next prez will be like?
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:32 am

i think, due to the total rejection of bolivias arguements, the court was not just rejecting bolivia's claims, but sending a clear message to every politician, "don't waist the court's time with such mickey mouse political crap'.

my wife, and a lot of other international law experts, were honestly expecting the court to throw bolivia some sort of at least token, face saving, bone to walk away with something. in fact, they often do in their rulings, if for no other reason as to not alinate the parties from participating in the court.

however, Imagine how fast the court would have turned in to a total joke, that everyone would ignore, if they even gave the slightest time of day to such a half-ass pile of claims?

they are already in trouble after cases such as the rejection by china of the south china sea rulings. it is not like they can send someone to jail for contempt of court. it is all by consent of the parties that their ruling are recognized at all.

not just for chile's sake, but the future authority of the court, i think they did the right thing.