Tax free shopping

Anything at all (keep it clean) goes here that does not fit in to any of the other forums.

Moderator: eeuunikkeiexpat

FrankPintor

Tax free shopping

Post by FrankPintor » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:13 pm

I’m checking iPhone prices in the region, here in Buenos Aires it’s ridiculously expensive, across the river in Uruguay it’s a bit less and I can recover 14.4% of the VAT when coming back. The prices in Chile are lower (but the plane ticket is more expensive), and according to the Global Blue website it’s not possible to recover any of the VAT. What do the experts here say?
Caracas es Caracas. Lo demás es monte y culebra!

HybridAmbassador

Re: Tax free shopping

Post by HybridAmbassador » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:14 pm

FrankPintor wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:13 pm
I’m checking iPhone prices in the region, here in Buenos Aires it’s ridiculously expensive, across the river in Uruguay it’s a bit less and I can recover 14.4% of the VAT when coming back. The prices in Chile are lower (but the plane ticket is more expensive), and according to the Global Blue website it’s not possible to recover any of the VAT. What do the experts here say?
Hello Che Frank, ! now you're in BA Argentina? What made you go there, curious mind wants to know..
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

FrankPintor

Post by FrankPintor » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:58 pm

Oh, Che Frank has a job here 😊 I was sent to take up a project at a telecoms company here. You know you just have to follow the money 😉

It’s really really nice here,not at all what I expected, and I get to extend my pan hispanic vocabulary with new choice rioplatense words like boludece and the like 😂
Caracas es Caracas. Lo demás es monte y culebra!

papageno

Post by papageno » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:27 pm

FrankPintor wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:58 pm
Oh, Che Frank has a job here 😊 I was sent to take up a project at a telecoms company here. You know you just have to follow the money 😉

It’s really really nice here,not at all what I expected, and I get to extend my pan hispanic vocabulary with new choice rioplatense words like boludece and the like 😂
If you're in Palermo, here's one I hope you don't learn first-hand: "siempre inundando" :splash: :splash: :splash: