Must BUY car this weekend - 10,500,000 CLP

Buy, Sell, Trade, or just give away things with other members of the Chile forum community. Postings will run for 15 days.
Forum rules
Link restrictions are lifted in the Chile Classifieds section for New Users to the Chile Forum. Only one link per post is permitted. ALL posts must be an offer for something for sale IN CHILE. ALL GROUPS, ORGANIZATIONS, ASSOCIATIONS MUST BE APPROVED BY FORUM ADMIN!! NO DISCUSSIONS OF OTHER SUBJECTS. ALL POSTS MUST BE DIRECT QUESTIONS TO THE OP, ABOUT WHAT THEY ARE SELLING.
momof3

Must BUY car this weekend - 10,500,000 CLP

Post by momof3 » Thu May 31, 2012 9:25 am

We have been looking at the Chevy Orlando which is like a small minivan, however on the off chance that you or someone you know wants to sell their vehicle that fits a family of five (comfortably) please let me know. Sorry for the short notice, but we just obtained our RUTs this week and the husband's company "cut the chord" on the rental they were providing us.
We agree to disagree.

griffin

Re: Must BUY car this weekend - 10,500,000 CLP

Post by griffin » Thu May 31, 2012 10:14 am

No used car to offer, just thought I'd mention that I really like my Kia Carens wagon. Seats up to 7 (I can have each kid in a different area when they are driving each other crazy, and bring friends home from school too), but I usually use it in "the seats 5-with trunk space in back" configuration. You can get a diesel version (we did). It is approximately in the price range you mention, depending on options etc. The Kia dealers really stress having good customer service (of course I can't guarantee your local dealer will have succeeded in this!).

Good luck whatever you decide.

griffin

zer0nz

Post by zer0nz » Thu May 31, 2012 10:46 am

I just spend a day on chileautos.cl looking at cars narrowed it down to what i wanted exactly, went to car yard, took it around the block, brought it the next morning drove home,

for a pain free experiance just pick one of the large yards in las condes or viticura.....

momof3

Post by momof3 » Thu May 31, 2012 10:55 am

Thank you Zeronz for understanding the "kids to sanity" ratio.
We agree to disagree.

zer0nz

Post by zer0nz » Thu May 31, 2012 11:00 am

momof3 wrote:Thank you Zeronz for understanding the "kids to sanity" ratio.
choose something still in the warranty period, that kia recomendation below was good because they have a large warrantee period... (but of course double check), buy it from a kia car yard...

that way when it all goes wrong, because it does, its part of life, you take it in, fixed the same day, costs nothing extra

My jeep i brought with 1 year still left on the warantee and 9000km on the clock, had a couple of things fixed for free, and i have just turned up at expoautos.cl without any booking and had them repaired while i waited!

Service is great..... in viticura :)

Donnybrook

Post by Donnybrook » Thu May 31, 2012 11:04 am

Worth renting yourselves a car so as not to rush into a buy. Consider the service/spare parts when you consider a vehicle. Brands like Hyundai are all over the country with easy access to service. Make sure whatever you buy doesn't break the bank to service. It is nice if there is somewhere to service it near where you either live or work too. Makes getting back to pick it up easier. We have had Hyundai and Mazda (not vans though). Happy with both and reasonable service charges.

El pescado

Post by El pescado » Thu May 31, 2012 11:37 am

http://www2.chileautos.cl/auto.asp?codauto=2329092

crash test rating on these are great! I just bought the grand picasso that was advertised on here a few months ago and it is a dream for us...and very economical with the turbo intercooled 1.6l diesel engine. The one in the link does not have 7 seats but tell your husband to call me or come by my office and i will help him find a deal.

The resale value on these Citroen picasso`s & grand picasso`s are good too and even better if they have the diesel engine.

Parts for Citroen can be expensive but if you take care of it you shouldn`t need that many.

momof3

Post by momof3 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:06 pm

El pescado wrote:http://www2.chileautos.cl/auto.asp?codauto=2329092

crash test rating on these are great! I just bought the grand picasso that was advertised on here a few months ago and it is a dream for us...and very economical with the turbo intercooled 1.6l diesel engine. The one in the link does not have 7 seats but tell your husband to call me or come by my office and i will help him find a deal.

The resale value on these Citroen picasso`s & grand picasso`s are good too and even better if they have the diesel engine.

Parts for Citroen can be expensive but if you take care of it you shouldn`t need that many.
I will pass it on. Thanks.
We agree to disagree.