For sale: Suzuki Vitara pandemic special

Buy, Sell, Trade, or just give away things with other members of the Chile forum community. Postings will run for 15 days.
Forum rules
Link restrictions are lifted in the Chile Classifieds section for New Users to the Chile Forum. Only one link per post is permitted. ALL posts must be an offer for something for sale IN CHILE. ALL GROUPS, ORGANIZATIONS, ASSOCIATIONS MUST BE APPROVED BY FORUM ADMIN!! NO DISCUSSIONS OF OTHER SUBJECTS. ALL POSTS MUST BE DIRECT QUESTIONS TO THE OP, ABOUT WHAT THEY ARE SELLING.
ExpatBob

For sale: Suzuki Vitara pandemic special

Post by ExpatBob » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:42 pm

Ancient red Suzuki Vitara for sale. Runs and drives great, has 4x4, ac, winch, roof rack, always passed the inspection with sello verde. Hasn’t been driven in probably 18 months. Everything works. Relatively new tires, new windshield. Idiot parking people gave me 3 days to move it and I’m stuck outside Chile. Make me an offer. Located in Santiago Centro.
This car has been super reliable and has literally driven me all over South America, from coast to coast N/S/E/W.
Not sure how we’ll deal with the paperwork remotely but whatever. Not sure they are even DOING paperwork right now.

tiagoabner

Re: For sale: Suzuki Vitara pandemic special

Post by tiagoabner » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:53 pm

Hi there.
What's the year and mileage? Yeah, you're obviously not going to have an exact number, but a rough estimate would be fine.
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:55 pm

just sold a client's truck yesterday by POA.

Bit logistically complicated navigating the lockdown's, etc, but possible.

The beucracy must go on.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:56 pm

what year is it?

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:02 pm

I don't know why I am even asking. curiosity I guess.

I have a parking lot full vehicles already in my yard that I am not even driving. I just go around and turn them over once and while to keep the batteries charged. some belong to me. some belong to friends and clients that are out of the country, and more vehicles seem to be arriving everyday.

I have actually kicked around the idea of just doing a long-term car leasing buisness on the side, or more of a vehicle time share thing, for all the clients that are only in the country a few months a year.

ExpatBob

Post by ExpatBob » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:08 pm

tiagoabner wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:53 pm
Hi there.
What's the year and mileage? Yeah, you're obviously not going to have an exact number, but a rough estimate would be fine.
I think it's a 99? As for mileage heck no idea but guessing 180k kms. Also has new exhaust, brakes, swaybar, and driveshaft seals. Give me a couple days and I can get a friend to check specifics.

ExpatBob

Post by ExpatBob » Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:05 pm

Verified 1999. Still unknown the exact kilometraje. Found a place to stash it but I still would like to sell it because this is not the first time I have been stuck with this situation. (why is it that Chilenos wait until the very last minute to tell you something like “hey man I sold my house, the new owners are coming tomorrow and you need to find a new spot to park your car”? Couldn’t you just let me know when the house went on the market? Ohhhhh probably not because you want me to keep paying your gastos until the very last possible moment, as much of a pittance as that may be. Anyways I digress.

Donnybrook2

Post by Donnybrook2 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:45 pm

Well, it is nice to see you here again anyway.

ExpatBob

Post by ExpatBob » Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:55 pm

Donnybrook2 wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:45 pm
Well, it is nice to see you here again anyway.
Since the mob burned my neighborhood down it's been kind of hard to be present and sociable :)

mem

Post by mem » Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:55 am

admin wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:02 pm
I don't know why I am even asking. curiosity I guess.

I have a parking lot full vehicles already in my yard that I am not even driving. I just go around and turn them over once and while to keep the batteries charged. some belong to me. some belong to friends and clients that are out of the country, and more vehicles seem to be arriving everyday.

I have actually kicked around the idea of just doing a long-term car leasing buisness on the side, or more of a vehicle time share thing, for all the clients that are only in the country a few months a year.

Yup in the same boat with having to turn the cars over regularly to keep the batteries happy. Wife takes her favorite car to the fruterias that are just a mile or so down the road....well she was doing that a once or twice a week and noone was taking the car further to actually let the battery charge up. So then I go to take the car somewhere and its complaining of low voltage cause of all the micro trips. Where it takes more charge starting the car than is recharged on a short trip.
Something to be aware of for those stuck in phase 1 for a long time where people buy more what is immediately local to them

My vehicle I use for hauling hw is older (a 99) and so it's got the biggest passive drain but not too bad. I can let it sit for 7 days no problem so I try to drive it at least weekly. I already learned that lesson and have a plugin wall charger for car batteries. That 30k charger has paid for itself after going to buy a new car battery for 70k everytime I screw up and dont drive it enough. That happened 2x and now I'm rolling the el tit hogar special battery charger