Need a Car in June

Buy, Sell, Trade, or just give away things with other members of the Chile forum community. Postings will run for 15 days.
Forum rules
Link restrictions are lifted in the Chile Classifieds section for New Users to the Chile Forum. Only one link per post is permitted. ALL posts must be an offer for something for sale IN CHILE. ALL GROUPS, ORGANIZATIONS, ASSOCIATIONS MUST BE APPROVED BY FORUM ADMIN!! NO DISCUSSIONS OF OTHER SUBJECTS. ALL POSTS MUST BE DIRECT QUESTIONS TO THE OP, ABOUT WHAT THEY ARE SELLING.
sophiembower

Need a Car in June

Post by sophiembower » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:48 pm

I am travleing to Chile for the 2018 summer. I am looking to buy a car under 3000 that can be used for a few months, and that we can sleep in. Trucks with toppers, or any full size vehicles are preferred. If anyones selling something that we can buy in June let me know!! thanks!!

jamie_m

Re: Need a Car in June

Post by jamie_m » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:09 pm

3000 bucks? Unfortunately you will be lucky if you can find a wreck for that here. Have a squizz here,
Chileautos.cl

dmwbmw2

Post by dmwbmw2 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:15 pm

June is winter here. Not summer.

For $3000 you will spend all your time getting a RUT, buying a car, registering it, fixing it and selling it.

And not much time vacationing.

fraggle092

Post by fraggle092 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:55 pm

dmwbmw2 wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:15 pm
June is winter here. Not summer.
Its Summer right now. You dont want to come in June (or July or August or September)
Après moi, le déluge

sophiembower

Post by sophiembower » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:31 pm

Im aware that it will be winter, thanks though

Dosedmonkey

Post by Dosedmonkey » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:48 pm

I had to spend 3.000.000 CLP for a reasonable condition Peugeot 206 after looking at around 400 odd cars over a week and then spent 500.000 CLP getting it up to proper condition with maintenance that had never been done, timing belts/water pump etc. Etc.

I sold it for the same amount to years later though.

Only the plus sides mechanics labour fees are very cheap, just got to know a good one you can trust. So cheap in fact I couldn't of saved money if I did the jobs myself.

skipy

Post by skipy » Thu May 31, 2018 8:37 pm

Hello, 3,000 USD is low for cars here.

We are selling a kia morning, zippy city car for 4,500,000 CLP if you are keen.

2014 Kia Morning Ex 1.2 FULL with very low Km and it is for sale now (i.e. pre JUNE)!.

See here our up to date post in the Chile classifieds for our ad...

sophiembower

Post by sophiembower » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:42 am

rodross1964 wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:36 pm
Hello.Maybe i can help you.I am a mechanic,used to live in La.Pasadena,i was a cab driver.
For 3000 uss,i am not sure,but let see what you are looking.
I live close to santiago,viña del mar.
Let me know,i talk to you soon.

Rodrigo.
Hi, do you still have this car available?

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:48 am

sophiembower wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:42 am
rodross1964 wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:36 pm
Hello.Maybe i can help you.I am a mechanic,used to live in La.Pasadena,i was a cab driver.
For 3000 uss,i am not sure,but let see what you are looking.
I live close to santiago,viña del mar.
Let me know,i talk to you soon.

Rodrigo.
Hi, do you still have this car available?
I don't think he is offering a car in this post it looks like he is asking you what you are looking for . As for 3000 he is not sure (that you will find much I imagine).
Cheap second hand cars are not easy to find here, like they are in , NZ and USA/UK etc.
Probably because in Chile you can't import used vehicles, which limits the supply of 2nd hand cars to only what was sold originally new here in Chile. This closed option of cheap used imports is what is also keeping prices higher than what you may be used to in countries that can freely import others old cars, and the fact it is just Chile and often prices are higher than other countries for no reason at all, it is just they way it is.
Like a cappuccino in Puerto Varas is more expensive than New Zealand, when the quality is inferior here and the staff are earning less than NZ how can it still be more expensive ? My guess is that they are not big coffee drinkers here, the coffee culture still isn't that big here, in NZ most people I know may consume 2 or 3 coffees a day here it's possibly only one a day and for a lot fewer people will have more than one. My theory is they have to sell their unsavoury product for a higher price as they are selling less of them , but then that creates its own cycle as people feel it's a rip off for pretty average ordinary coffee most of the time and consume less
In the Lakes Region Chile for 6 years. It looks like New Zealand in some ways, and is nearly at the bottom of the world too, but there the similarities end.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:34 am

I once got almost that amount when i sold a car with a blown engine. Engine blew because some moron mechanic used bathroom silicone to plug a leak in a radiator pipe rather than replace it.

Anything for $3000 dollars, is probably not going to be good for much besides sleeping in it.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.