production crews

Buy, Sell, Trade, or just give away things with other members of the Chile forum community. Postings will run for 15 days.
Forum rules
Link restrictions are lifted in the Chile Classifieds section for New Users to the Chile Forum. Only one link per post is permitted. ALL posts must be an offer for something for sale IN CHILE. ALL GROUPS, ORGANIZATIONS, ASSOCIATIONS MUST BE APPROVED BY FORUM ADMIN!! NO DISCUSSIONS OF OTHER SUBJECTS. ALL POSTS MUST BE DIRECT QUESTIONS TO THE OP, ABOUT WHAT THEY ARE SELLING.
ABIII

production crews

Post by ABIII » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:40 am

hi again,

I'm interested in speaking to and interviewing All Chile members who are in Chile
and have a solid background in the world of tv ad production.

you can PM me for my contacts.

thanks
Based in Chile - 1990
Lake District - 2009

jamie_m

Re: production crews

Post by jamie_m » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:32 pm

https://youtu.be/iQU4pVjg4UQ

Sorry, couldn't help it, it was the last thing I was looking at before reading this post.

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:55 pm

he,he,hee. the playful horse, seems in love with the cameraman's ears..!
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:02 am

Many, many years ago I got talked in to acting in a documentary for National Geographic where they needed someone to act in some background stock footage. The shot was fairly simple I was to ride a horse, charging towards the camera, along with a few other shots.

So, we get out to the site, I had ridden the horse from the barn for about 5 miles out to the site without a problem. We get all setup, the director says "action", I give him some heal, and the horse locks up tight and refuses to move.

We try it again. same thing. I ride around to loosen the horse up, get him going, the director says "action", and the horse locks up stiff as a board, nearly throwing me.

After about half a dozen tries we realize that the horse is totally traumatized by cameras and movie sets. The ranch we were shooting on was a major production location. There were two major hollywood films being filmed on either side of us just a few miles away, and many others had been filmed at that ranch. the horse had been in a lot of movies. We finally managed to hide the camera, and the director changed to just saying "go" rather than "action", and we were able to get the shot.

Turns out the horse had more movie experience than I did. That stock footage ended up in at least three other movies, I only got paid for one. I should have listened to the horse.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

ABIII

Post by ABIII » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:05 am

we just shot with a horse on a sand dune... the action was
the horse starts from a block away,
and runs towards the camera. simple to the director.

but we were concerned that the horse would obviously want to do anything but.
the horse's owner was a step ahead,
he hadn't fed her that morning, and she was "in the mood"
so right by the camera,
there was a bale of fresh hay and a stallion.
our hero mare ran perfectly on the first go.

so back to the original question:

anyone on this site have actual production experience and is looking for work?

gracias!
Based in Chile - 1990
Lake District - 2009

jamie_m

Post by jamie_m » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:56 pm

No experience but if you're looking for an extra who is gringo looking, overweight and possibly a little drunk I'm all yours :)

jamie_m

Post by jamie_m » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:57 pm

Look how much of your time I'm wasting now, imagine me on your set :)

Sorry, over and out.

ocum_et_temuco

Post by ocum_et_temuco » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:13 pm

Hi. Well I have degree level qualification in drama and have done a television production course. What does the work entail? Diercting? Camerwork? Scriptwriting? Storyboarding? Special fx? Unfortunately I don't have money for production costs, though.

Putenio

Post by Putenio » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:08 pm

Sorry, can't help - out of date. Something like the fellow who once repaired typewriters, except in this case, all my tv programs were produced on 3/4 and 1 inch tape, and I directed heavy cameras that rolled on wheels, with cables like spaghetti sprouting from each one. Splicing actually meant having skill with a razor and tape. They saw US broadcast, and are archived in the C.H. Green Library at Stanford, but I imagine the dust on them would make for an interesting archaeological dig :)