Wanted: parcela

Buy, Sell, Trade, or just give away things with other members of the Chile forum community. Postings will run for 15 days.
Forum rules
Link restrictions are lifted in the Chile Classifieds section for New Users to the Chile Forum. Only one link per post is permitted. ALL posts must be an offer for something for sale IN CHILE. ALL GROUPS, ORGANIZATIONS, ASSOCIATIONS MUST BE APPROVED BY FORUM ADMIN!! NO DISCUSSIONS OF OTHER SUBJECTS. ALL POSTS MUST BE DIRECT QUESTIONS TO THE OP, ABOUT WHAT THEY ARE SELLING.
ExpatBob

Wanted: parcela

Post by ExpatBob » Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:12 pm

Howdy folks, it's been a while.
Thinking about long term stuff, provided that Chile stays mostly-not-FUBAR over the next 20 years, retirement here seems like a sound idea. And so I'm on the lookout for a parcela on which to eventually build my retirement bunker with the following stuff in order of importance:

1/3 ha minimum, ideally 1/2 to 2ha but will go larger if the price/location is right.
Not some goofy gated community with neurotic neighbors and stupid rules.
Not desert. Somewhere with rainfall, trees, and greenery.
Some form of realistic internet connectivity.
Within an hour's drive of a major population center with an airport.
Enough flat area to have a nice garden.
No spinecrushing drives on washboard ripio. Some ripio is fine but within reason.
A nice view.
Close enough to a lake/river/ocean for fishing and kayak stuff.
Waterfront would be nice but I won't hold my breath. A creek running along/through the property would be super cool.

I'm not in any huge hurry. Just curious if anyone has run into anything that you think I should look at. If you do come across something or know someone who knows someone, please let me know, thanks!

admin
Site Admin

Re: Wanted: parcela

Post by admin » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:26 am

o.k., see if i can narrow that down because it is typicaly all the things i look for in a property too.

well 5000 square meters is the smallest rural property you can buy still, without it being rezoned, which would mean you are too close to a town anyway.

watch out for anyone trying to to do a "fake" division where they like try to sell you half a parcel under 5000 meters. the cities got tired of the problems that causes, and now some are prosecuting people selling them. besides typicaly means you are in a crappy area anyway.

which along the same lines, if you buy a cheap parcel typicaly you get "cheap" / poor neighbors to go with it.

to get out from umder the gated community problem, typically means buying at lesst a hectare stand alone. that is good and bad, as you will typicaly be on your own for say installing a well, eletric, possibly final road access.

trees, water, green, pretty much means south of the bio bio river.

internet is a suprising one, it has gotten pretty gpod in rural areas in recent years. 4g has gotten good coverage in most of the south now. 5g is on its way some day. i dont have hardline internet where i live, and cell phone or cell modem has been fine. i could not run a commercial server but i can watch netflix, etc. test it, and just watch put for the mountain or what ever blocking your signal. typicaly if you can see a volcano, there is some sort of internet; or within say 30 mins of a town. try diffirent providers. some realy rural places are only covered by one.

yea a creek or some water feature get's hard to do with under say 1 hectere; but sometimes.

probebly connectivity and transport to the rest of the world is one to think about. how far away from say a jet airpprt do you want to be?
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

ExpatBob

Post by ExpatBob » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:44 am

I guess I should define airport as somewhere that has jet flights to other cities. My reasoning is that a place big enough for a jetport will also have a decent hospital and access to goods and services.

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:37 pm

Wholly Mackerel! ExpatBob.....What a surprise to notice you making appearance again on stage! Welcome back Tomodachi...
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

ExpatBob

Post by ExpatBob » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:04 am

Arigatogozaimas :)

lost gringo

Post by lost gringo » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:00 pm

There are parcelas available near Puerto Montt and Puerto Varas. There are some located very near Puerto Varas but they are the most expensive. There are also some better priced in the area North and West of El Tepual airport around Las Quemas and Los Muermos . Meets about all your requirements if you would like to live in Region X.

One caveat being there can be two parcelas near to each other and one will have potable water and the other doesn't so you need to check carefully for water before buying .
The Municipalidad of Puerto Montt has plans in the next few years to provide potable water to these areas and also pave some of the unpaved roads.
Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.
allegedly said by Mark Twain

Putenio

Post by Putenio » Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:01 pm

FWIW in 2007 The Muni of Puerto Montt had plans in place to pave the coastal road to Calbuco - which provides access to our ilque property - and we celebrated that road completed in 2015.

There were also approved plans for Agua Potable Rural (APR) in the area in place in 2010 and we celebrated its installment in 2017.

So we've learned approved means money for engineering studies, but all the steps after that, maybe not - step by step, and countless stories of where the Muni money went in the mean time.

Panitao has experienced significant growth - but there are also issues with Pocuro, Rio Trapen, sanitation, etc. - so you have to go farther south.
Enjoying the beautiful southern peninsula of Puerto Montt in the heart of it all.
Tenio Natural Reserve: http://www.visitsouthernchile.blogspot.com

lost gringo

Post by lost gringo » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:11 pm

Yeah it's takes a while for sure but that's probably true for many infrastructure projects just about anywhere. I don't know when the projects I was referring to were first proposed but 25 of the 45 kilometers have been paved and the surveyors have been marking the remainder.

When they do pave the last section, water service will be installed at that time and very possibly fiber optic cable as well.
We'll see.

The potable water will be the biggest help. I fortunately have plenty of water but many people in the area don't have any water on their property and must bring water in containers from the "aqua potable" municipal locations.
The alternative is to live in the city.
Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:20 pm

yea, there are certain municipalities i will not buy in, or any of the incorporated area outside of them. Puerto montt is one of them.

Unless you see it, don't believe it.

a little hint is that they can not fix the road, install street signs or lights, right in front of the office of MOP in PM. if they can not get traffic to flow correctly right in front of their door, chances are a few parcelas on outside of town are going to be waiting a while, for everything.

PM has unctrolled urban sprawl that is so far past the point of no return, all i can think of everytime i drive through it is that line from aliens, "nuke it from orbit, it is the only way to be sure".

It has got to be one of the most stunningly beautiful settings in the world for a city, and they completly turned it in to a shithole.

selecting where to live in chile is always this fine line between too much development, and not enough development. finding the right balance is a bit of personal taste, a bit of psychic tea leaf reading, and a lot of art.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

lost gringo

Post by lost gringo » Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:23 pm

admin wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:20 pm
It has got to be one of the most stunningly beautiful settings in the world for a city, and they completly turned it in to a shithole.
They did that to San Francisco, Ca. too....... literally