Avoid Lubrishell in Calama

Discuss the best and worst companies and customer services in Chile including tips, tricks, rants, endorsements, and which businesses to avoid at all cost. If we talk about them frequently enough, we might just get the attention of the company. Help other Expats and Gringos find the good companies in Chile, and avoid the bad ones.
LightAges

Avoid Lubrishell in Calama

Post by LightAges » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:21 am

I went to this fine example of the best Calama has to offer one more time to buy another set of tires as they are the only that carry the brand and model that are currently on my truck. I was told I was 30 minutes back in the line for my tires. After 3 hours..... I finally got my truck into the shop and then it sat for another 30 minutes until they realized they didn't have enough monkeys to do all the work. They brought in a young monkey from another shop to get things done, I guess.

After watching the young monkey try to balance my tires, from a distance, he finally got the tires balanced by trial and error and then brought the tires to my truck. The tires were on with the white letters out, even though he took off the old tires with the white letters in, the other wheels on the truck still had the white letters in, and he was told to put the white letters in. When I went to tell him that he got it wrong, he had to look at both sides of the tires to see that there was a difference, and then he gave me that slack jawed blank stare as if someone was actually asking for and asserting what they wanted for the first time in his life.

I watched him disappear to the other side of the shop with my tires and I was convinced that he was proceeding to flip the tires on the rims. Only when I saw his head bobbing up and down did I realize something was not as I was assuming. I walked across the shop to see what he was doing. He had a piece of sand paper in his hand and he was trying to sand down the sidewalls of my new tires so as to remove the raised white lettering. I more than gently told him he was not going to do that and he had to change the tires around. Again more slack jawed blank staring.....

30 minutes later the monkey got the tires re-installed and balanced.

This shop has an alignment machine that has not be calibrated since 2004, has no data for any truck or vehicle newer than 2004, and they know it but still use random data to align whatever vehicle you bring in. The tire balancing machines are worn out and do not balance anything correctly. Their service is less than bad, it is dangerous.

Mateo77

Re: Avoid Lubrishell in Calama

Post by Mateo77 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:18 am

Welcome to Chile, Im sorry but thats kind of funny, he was trying to sand the letters down? Brilliant

MikieO

Post by MikieO » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:27 am

30 minutes later the monkey got the tires re-installed and balanced.
http://firstpost.com/topic/person/al-pa ... 56-10.html

:mrgreen: :alien: :mrgreen: :alien: :mrgreen: :alien: Sorry about that Mr Sosa!
“Now, a lifetime of experience has left me bitter and cynical.” ~ Calvin & Hobbes

LightAges

Post by LightAges » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:55 pm

Mateo77 wrote:Welcome to Chile, Im sorry but thats kind of funny, he was trying to sand the letters down? Brilliant
I agree it is hilarious. Unfortunately it happened to me. Trying to sand the letters off is almost iconic of the kind of service I have learned to expect here.

GJJIM

Post by GJJIM » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:54 pm

LightAges wrote:
Mateo77 wrote:Welcome to Chile, Im sorry but thats kind of funny, he was trying to sand the letters down? Brilliant
I agree it is hilarious. Unfortunately it happened to me. Trying to sand the letters off is almost iconic of the kind of service I have learned to expect here.
Would have been much easier to burn them off with a torch. :alien: