Another Complaint Against UPS Chile

Discuss the best and worst companies and customer services in Chile including tips, tricks, rants, endorsements, and which businesses to avoid at all cost. If we talk about them frequently enough, we might just get the attention of the company. Help other Expats and Gringos find the good companies in Chile, and avoid the bad ones.
Sri Swami Muktanand

Another Complaint Against UPS Chile

Post by Sri Swami Muktanand » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:24 pm

UPS Chile are LYING openly, at this very moment, regarding mail delivery status, on their public Internet tracking site. In this case, while they NEVER attempted the delivery, they repeatedly post messages of the following kind:

"The receiver's location was closed on the 1st delivery attempt. A 2nd delivery attempt will be made."

"The receiver's location was closed on the 2nd delivery attempt. A 3rd delivery attempt will be made."

And thus, each working day.

In reality, in Chile, they use a 3rd party courier, namely, Chilexpress to deliver mail to regions.

Their website is: http://www.chilexpress.cl/

As tracking is available on the above site, and the corresponding tracking numbers for the items sent by UPS are also available, when entering the numbers on the Chilexpress site, one will easily see, that they (Chilexp.) have NEVER attempted to deliver mail, but the items are simply staying at the office.

They REFUSE to deliver mail by any means, while on the Net, they (UPS) are LYING that they do.
"What you see is yours, and what I see is mine. The two have little in common."

zer0nz

Re: Another Complaint Against UPS Chile

Post by zer0nz » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:29 pm

Dont use UPS... punto, no need to open another thread for us to tell you the same thing!

USPS = GOOD, UPS = BAD

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:47 pm

Try sending a package to their UPS office in Santiago. Bet they can not find it. We actually found this out several years ago for some reason. UPS international did not know the address of their office in Santiago.

There is some high quality logistics for you.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Sri Swami Muktanand

Post by Sri Swami Muktanand » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:14 pm

zer0nz wrote:no need to open another thread for us to tell you the same thing!
Disagree. This post increases Google keyword score for negative feedback on the "UPS, Chile, Complaint" keywords.

They have too many mailings sent to Chile screwed up already, this is becoming intolerable.

Many people have no other choice, when 3rd parties use UPS for the simple reason that they have accounts with UPS in the US, and not with another courier.

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:21 pm

admin wrote:Try sending a package to their UPS office in Santiago. Bet they can not find it. We actually found this out several years ago for some reason. UPS international did not know the address of their office in Santiago.

There is some high quality logistics for you.
Several years ago meaning before 2005 or so? I saw their new warehouse and headquarters on Av. Santa Rosa spectacularly burn down early one morning when I lived in Santiago Centro. I swear I could feel the heat of the fire from the 19th floor where I was located. I'm sure the Chile staff never informed International about their forced change of address. :mrgreen:
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

ny_andino

Post by ny_andino » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:00 am

Sri Swami Muktanand wrote:UPS Chile are LYING openly, at this very moment, regarding mail delivery status
even back in the states UPS is infamous for this. Every time I ordered things shipped via Ups, our local delivery guy would enter same updates without ever attempting to deliver the stuff:
Sri Swami Muktanand wrote: "The receiver's location was closed on the 1st delivery attempt. A 2nd delivery attempt will be made."
"The receiver's location was closed on the 2nd delivery attempt. A 3rd delivery attempt will be made."

ExpatBob

Post by ExpatBob » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:40 am

Sri Swami Muktanand wrote:UPS Chile are LYING openly, at this very moment, regarding mail delivery status, on their public Internet tracking site. In this case, while they NEVER attempted the delivery, they repeatedly post messages of the following kind:
Yeah, that's exactly what they did with our most recent "delivery" which had never cleared customs. The wife had to go and "deliver" it for them. At great expense. Wish I had read the previous warnings never to ship UPS to Chile before that incident.

Sri Swami Muktanand

Post by Sri Swami Muktanand » Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:01 pm

Having posted the "The receiver's location was closed on the 2nd delivery attempt. A 3rd delivery attempt will be made." entry thrice, they post a note that they would contact both sender/receiver, as they [dis]honestly tried their best, thrice, to deliver the package.

In reality, they put a Chilexpress address sticker on the UPS envelope, and put it so carefully, on the existing UPS sticker, so that no parts of the correct address are visible. No email, no phone, no street address, and even the name of the receiver, sometimes. No way for Chilexpress to contact the receiver based on this info, and as the address is easily misspelled -- the package is stuck God knows where in the Chilexpress storage system.

Based on 6 items sent by UPS to Chile -- this is done in the same way.

One of them was "misrouted" to CALAMA, by the way, instead of some place in the mid-south of Chile, as they misspelled even the only word in the address that shows the town.

No matter how many days the package is then kept in Chilexpress's storage facility: if you eventually find it, and even receive it -- the "received" entry in the UPS tracking log is backdated. They put the old date, and it looks as you received the package exactly after their 3rd warning that they "could not deliver it as you were not at home".

Would anyone file a case against them? As it was in the past with Google AdWords, and Yahoo marketing. Maybe everyone will get a 10-dollar compensation. Or a 5-dollar one. Or a one-dollar.

Aguila Blanca

Post by Aguila Blanca » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:28 pm

While I agree about UPS, I have to disagree with zer0nz about USPS to Chile. It flat doesn't work -- it's just as bad as UPS, if not worse. I have had multiple letters and small parcels (typically sending a few American magazines to a friend in Santiago) go AWOL. On one occasion, probably due to an internal error, Chile actually returned the package to me. It arrived back in the U.S. about six MONTHS after I mailed it, nearly destroyed, with a stamp on it saying the address was "unknown." My friend confirmed that the address was correct.

FWIW, both the Chilean consulate in New York and the American consulate in Santiago use and recommend DHL. I have sent several important packages (legal documents) from the U.S. to Chile via DHL and there has never been a problem.

ExpatBob

Post by ExpatBob » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:26 pm

I have never had the Correo lose an incoming foreign object. The boxes have indeed arrived worse for wear.