CorreosChile is the Worst Post Office

Discuss the best and worst companies and customer services in Chile including tips, tricks, rants, endorsements, and which businesses to avoid at all cost. If we talk about them frequently enough, we might just get the attention of the company. Help other Expats and Gringos find the good companies in Chile, and avoid the bad ones.
omarlekphet

Re: CorreosChile is the Worst Post Office

Post by omarlekphet » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:33 pm

frozen-north wrote:From the link I posted earlier, it seems that it is in the hands of Oman Post -but it seems that they are in a different 'month-zone':
07.08.2017 10:37
Oman Post
Consolidated for export (Export)
Frankfurt/flughafen

07.11.2017 17:57
Oman Post
Accepted from sender
Clsv-gia
No last location was in Germany / Franfurt on 7th August 2017 , not in Oman yet it is showing OTB ( Item Insert into Bag , and Oman Post has received the electronic Information as well. when it is in Oman Post different would be showing. but please don't use this Post Office

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:02 pm

omarlekphet wrote:
HybridAmbassador wrote:Yeah, like donnybrook says, why in heaven you purchase anything related to auto parts in Chile? For that I go to Alibababa and if worried about, then you place an order with the Koreans or manufacturers in the US..

You buy from Chile, minerals and agri products. Wine and sea food, fruits and veggies but auto parts?
Man, i dont just buy anything off chile just like that, it is because the part or product is limited to one garage who could custom built it,
A turbo charger for Benz use? I thought all M-Bens, Beemer, Audi, Porsche VW etc. were commissioning all kompressor devise to be built OEA for them by Japan's IHI ? Er, some of them were made by Maehrs of Germany but always burning out I hear? So which garage of Chile can custom build using such exotic alloys mixture foundry to build a Turbo Charger?
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

omarlekphet

Post by omarlekphet » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:21 pm

HybridAmbassador wrote:
omarlekphet wrote:
HybridAmbassador wrote:Yeah, like donnybrook says, why in heaven you purchase anything related to auto parts in Chile? For that I go to Alibababa and if worried about, then you place an order with the Koreans or manufacturers in the US..

You buy from Chile, minerals and agri products. Wine and sea food, fruits and veggies but auto parts?
Man, i dont just buy anything off chile just like that, it is because the part or product is limited to one garage who could custom built it,
A turbo charger for Benz use? I thought all M-Bens, Beemer, Audi, Porsche VW etc. were commissioning all kompressor devise to be built OEA for them by Japan's IHI ? Er, some of them were made by Maehrs of Germany but always burning out I hear? So which garage of Chile can custom build using such exotic alloys mixture foundry to build a Turbo Charger?
yes stock OEM turbo made by IHI but the big turbo is a after market turbo , Garage in Chile doesn't make a turbo but they have the right size turbo from Mamba that involve fabricating the manifold and the turbo together , most importantit it is the computer software that they were able to do it and tested it out safely. once again this topic isn't about the turbo but the Correos De Chile

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:00 pm

omarlekphet wrote:
HybridAmbassador wrote:
omarlekphet wrote:

yes stock OEM turbo made by IHI but the big turbo is a after market turbo , Garage in Chile doesn't make a turbo but they have the right size turbo from Mamba that involve fabricating the manifold and the turbo together , most importantit it is the computer software that they were able to do it and tested it out safely. once again this topic isn't about the turbo but the Correos De Chile
Yeah, your problem issue is about Correo de Chile..But was very curious about you ordering the TC from a Chilean outfit/etc.
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

omarlekphet

Post by omarlekphet » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:04 pm

HybridAmbassador wrote:
omarlekphet wrote:
HybridAmbassador wrote:
omarlekphet wrote:

Yeah, your problem issue is about Correo de Chile..But was very curious about you ordering the TC from a Chilean outfit/etc.
OK maybe we can start new Post about that

ghibli

Post by ghibli » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:20 am

RE Correos de Chile. Yes. The Very Worst. A recent - well sort of recent and ongoing - problem. VTR has been sending me boletas fisicas since early June - a dozen in total - via Correos de Chile. One of these finally arrived on 13 October. Amazing but true. VTR says they will be filing a formal reclamo. For anything within chile, I've had good luck with ChileExpress. For international - Fedex although I agree that they are expensive and you may have to pay them an extra fee to handle customs costs - at least the bloody whateveritis arrives.
Cheers

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:52 am

ghibli wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:20 am
RE Correos de Chile. Yes. The Very Worst. A recent - well sort of recent and ongoing - problem. VTR has been sending me boletas fisicas since early June - a dozen in total - via Correos de Chile. One of these finally arrived on 13 October. Amazing but true. VTR says they will be filing a formal reclamo. For anything within chile, I've had good luck with ChileExpress. For international - Fedex although I agree that they are expensive and you may have to pay them an extra fee to handle customs costs - at least the bloody whateveritis arrives.
Cheers
It also could be VTR in the delay. Request to have it send by email. Print and pay!
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. Anótese, comuníquese, publíquese, archívese.
Please remind me the reasons why I decided to come back!

ghibli

Post by ghibli » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:08 pm

Thanks for the thought Gloria. Although it may have been VTR at fault back in June, since at least 1 July the fault is totally with Correos de Chile.
BTW, the reason for wanting a boleta fiasco is because I cannot print - and don't want to pay without an exact paper bill. My point to VTR was that if the water/gas/electricity companies can do this every month no problem - what's up w/ VTR. It could be that VTR is slow pay to Correos de Chile.....so maybe... I think VTR may be trying to herd people to email only bills because they think they will save money by not paying Correos de Chile.... anyway, cheers!

frozen-north

Post by frozen-north » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:19 pm

ghibli wrote:
It could be that VTR is slow pay to Correos de Chile.....so maybe... I think VTR may be trying to herd people to email only bills because they think they will save money by not paying Correos de Chile
Many Canadian companies now charge a fee if the customer wants a paper bill. Everybody wants to send you all sorts of confidential information by e-mail.

fraggle092

Post by fraggle092 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:15 pm

The postal address of our water bills for one unattended property is clearly marked as our PO Box, but the bill, when it arrives at all, is pushed under the door, usually well after the disconnection notice for non-payment has been dealt with.

Its a not unsurprising feature of life here that postmen are allowed to charge $50 per item for letter delivery. My theory is that they ignore the PO box for that reason. I don't even bother complaining about it.

So the $80.000 I pay annually for the PO Box is not much of a solution, especially when what passes for a Sorting Office seems to be staffed by dyslexics judging by the amount of other people's mail that ends up in it.

Note to admin: you ought to have a "shakes-head-in-bored-disgust" type of smiley that I could use here.....
Après moi, le déluge

nwdiver

Post by nwdiver » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:49 pm

In some districts the water, gas and electrical bills are not delivered by the PO, but by the utility which has its own delivery dudes.......
It's all about the wine.

fraggle092

Post by fraggle092 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:31 am

For residential bills (Boletas) yes, but Facturas are always delivered by mail.
Why a Postman would expect to get paid for delivering a bill beats me, especially as the bill already includes postal delivery charges. Death by a thousand tiny cuts...
Après moi, le déluge