Your experience:online shopping from the big box vendors

Discuss the best and worst companies and customer services in Chile including tips, tricks, rants, endorsements, and which businesses to avoid at all cost. If we talk about them frequently enough, we might just get the attention of the company. Help other Expats and Gringos find the good companies in Chile, and avoid the bad ones.
eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Your experience:online shopping from the big box vendors

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:40 pm

I've done three orders with Paris and just did one with Lider for delivery in the south 5th Region. Have not experienced the dodgyness claimed by others.

All orders were payed via the RedCompra system (meaning direct bank transfers) which is extremely efficient and works for Chile (and I refer to my comments in a previous thread).
All had boletas sent within 24 hours via email.
Paris apparently has their own delivery people and delivery is prompt with the delivery guy calling me while he is 2-3 k away and incoming.
Lider for my area has the option of direct to residence delivery or using Correos. I chose Correos to my casilla as it was cheaper (seems like $1.900 per item).
The Lider website works well showing order and shipping status and even correctly crediting my online purchase to my MiClub points I accumulate with my physical in-store purchases.

Really, don't see why people bitch about this stuff as it seems to work well...for Chile.

Please add your own experiences form the big box operations.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

admin
Site Admin

Re: Your experience:online shopping from the big box vendors

Post by admin » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:16 pm

I never buy online from any site that does not have a corresponding call center to sort out web site / order issues issues. The big stores have for the most part been fine in the last couple years. Few issues with the web site not being able to match their real time stocks, likly more of an issue in the regions than santiago.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Space Cat

Re: Your experience:online shopping from the big box vendors

Post by Space Cat » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:14 pm

We bought some furniture online at Sodimac and Falabella sites. All items were delivered on time (though delivery time can be up to one week).
Also I made couple of orders at PCFactory.cl (like expensive and fragile monitors). It was delivered to Los Rios without any problems, 2-3 days on average.