Car dealerships and their manos de guagua

Discuss the best and worst companies and customer services in Chile including tips, tricks, rants, endorsements, and which businesses to avoid at all cost. If we talk about them frequently enough, we might just get the attention of the company. Help other Expats and Gringos find the good companies in Chile, and avoid the bad ones.
Fishboy

Re: Car dealerships and their manos de guagua

Post by Fishboy » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:19 pm

passport wrote:Just had a close look at your avatar > you got a big job, guarding all those forests in Antofagasta!
well, they won't protect themselves, will they? :D

I was always impressed that CONAF used an image of a particularly nasty invasive species as their icon. Sums a few things up really (although recent interactions with CONAF have been excellent I have to say).

Britkid

Post by Britkid » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:11 pm

My 2 year old loves cars and I let him sit on my lap to drive from the garden gate to the front door of the house. I wouldn't do that with yours or some trees would die.

There's something I don't get here. You looked for a car in Antofagasta, didn't find one, then looked for another one in Santiago? Isn't that 2,000 miles away? And then, what, drove the car back 2000 miles or whatever is is to Antofagasta?
In 2014/2015 I blogged about my life in Chile. http://web.archive.org/web/201601121940 ... age_id=268

Britkid

Post by Britkid » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:16 pm

Oops more like 800-900 miles after having a look on google.
In 2014/2015 I blogged about my life in Chile. http://web.archive.org/web/201601121940 ... age_id=268

Fishboy

Post by Fishboy » Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:52 am

Britkid wrote:My 2 year old loves cars and I let him sit on my lap to drive from the garden gate to the front door of the house. I wouldn't do that with yours or some trees would die.

There's something I don't get here. You looked for a car in Antofagasta, didn't find one, then looked for another one in Santiago? Isn't that 2,000 miles away? And then, what, drove the car back 2000 miles or whatever is is to Antofagasta?
Nah - we went and had a look at the model whilst in SCL. However, many people do buy their cars in SCL as service in Antofa is frankly sh!te - the miners are loaded and buy anything, as such the venders don't have to work at it.