Chilean Consumer Rights Laws and Chilean Goverment office

Discuss the best and worst companies and customer services in Chile including tips, tricks, rants, endorsements, and which businesses to avoid at all cost. If we talk about them frequently enough, we might just get the attention of the company. Help other Expats and Gringos find the good companies in Chile, and avoid the bad ones.
admin
Site Admin

Chilean Consumer Rights Laws and Chilean Goverment office

Post by admin » Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:58 pm

The Chilean Government department of Consumer services web site:
http://www.sernac.cl/

You can file a formal legal complaint online at their site, along with finding the consumer rights law.

Their form even includes a spot for foreigners, although it is all in Spanish.

I would like to get some of the information from their site translated and posted to the Chile Wiki. Anyone want to help?

I figure it would be best to more informally post translations here, and then we can move them over to the wiki as they are refined. We will give this a shot anyway.

I think knowing your Consumer rights in Chile has got to be one of the most useful pieces of information you could have. I really get the impression a lot of Chileans simply do not know them.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

teatrolimon

Re: Chilean Consumer Rights Laws and Chilean Goverment office

Post by teatrolimon » Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:12 am

charles

great links iwill see what i can do to get a perfect translation for you
it might take some time but it will be worth it

the people of many latinamerican countries are usually ,somewhat kept in the dust regarding labor laws , there constitutions and legal rights in general
consumer affairs should be well stated on there website in english if they would like to fish for more foreign investmen

bruce

omarlekphet

Post by omarlekphet » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:36 pm

I am not in Chile but I have issue with Corroes De Chile Post , my package coming from Chile to Oman has been delayed for 2 months , which authority could look into this ?

Thanks

frozen-north

Post by frozen-north » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:11 pm

omarlekphet wrote:
I am not in Chile but I have issue with Corroes De Chile Post , my package coming from Chile to Oman has been delayed for 2 months , which authority could look into this ?
Given the context you provided in the other thread:
http://www.allchile.net/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=15453
I would like to introduce myself that i am not in Chile nor from Chile. I am a customer from Oman, Middle east region,
My story is related to the car aftermarket parts, i have purchased a product from Cycperformance or C&Cperformance located in Santiago , Chile.

The sender shipped my product out on 11th of July 2017 to Oman.

Until today 8th September 2017 the package has not been delivered yet,

Additional to above, the customer service of the Correos De Chile sent me that the Termination date of resolution is on 17th Octorber 2017 ,
I seem to remember a similar question a while back, and what I remember from then is that your contract is with the business that shipped your product, 'Cycperformance or C&Cperformance', not with Correos de Chile. They, in turn, made a contract with the post office to have the product delivered to you. Now, unless the terms of their contract with the post office say something else, you will have to wait until after the 17 of October.

omarlekphet

Post by omarlekphet » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:27 am

frozen-north wrote:
omarlekphet wrote:
I would like to introduce myself that i am not in Chile nor from Chile. I am a customer from Oman, Middle east region,
My story is related to the car aftermarket parts, i have purchased a product from Cycperformance or C&Cperformance located in Santiago , Chile.

Additional to above, the customer service of the Correos De Chile sent me that the Termination date of resolution is on 17th Octorber 2017 ,
I seem to remember a similar question a while back, and what I remember from then is that your contract is with the business that shipped your product, 'Cycperformance or C&Cperformance', not with Correos de Chile. They, in turn, made a contract with the post office to have the product delivered to you. Now, unless the terms of their contract with the post office say something else, you will have to wait until after the 17 of October.

Thanks for the reply sir

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:05 pm

omarlekphet wrote:
frozen-north wrote:
omarlekphet wrote:

Thanks for the reply sir
Yeah, this poster is a nit picker...
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.