Tur bus company

Discuss the best and worst companies and customer services in Chile including tips, tricks, rants, endorsements, and which businesses to avoid at all cost. If we talk about them frequently enough, we might just get the attention of the company. Help other Expats and Gringos find the good companies in Chile, and avoid the bad ones.
eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Re: Tur bus company

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:57 pm

Until something goes wrong and then it is your fault even if they are the problem.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

Southerner

Post by Southerner » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:12 pm

Donnybrook wrote:
john wrote:I've used Tur-Bus many times and have never encountered any problems.
Neither have I, but I have only gone south and not north. I understand the service going north is a good deal less good.
I have used Tur-Bus to go to Vallenar and back and have had no problems...
Life in the "true" deep south!
http://jaxchile.tumblr.com/

ryanar

Post by ryanar » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:06 pm

Aaaah, Tur Bus. Never had a problem when I used them between Santiago and Copiapo. Then I bought a car and started to see what they get up to from the outside of the bus.
Adelante Tur Bus.JPG
Adelante Tur Bus.JPG (122.88 KiB) Viewed 1703 times
So, you'll be able to see that where the bus is at the moment of the photo is where the broken line begins and therefore overtaking is permitted, HOWEVER the maneuver had well and truly begun beforehand (time enough for us to think HOLY CRAP and get camera out). What you can't see very well is that just under the cars LH mirror is the next road sign indicating no overtaking. i.e. the overtaking opportunity is about 100m long - there is just no safe distance for a bus to be overtaking a long stream of traffic, but that was just a challenge to the machismo of the driver and one that he couldn't resist!

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:24 pm

Probably running late for happy hour. With Tur-Bus, it is failure in the quality or state of the driver vs. possible mechanical failure due to cheapskate maintenance. Could go either way depending on the position of the planets :alien:

I dig their Cargo and airport bus service though, so I am not total anti as some seem to think :P

But if someone ripped you off around $20.000 pesos and a half a day of your time, how would you feel? And on top of that, they said it was your fault when it wasn't? And you went through their Byzantine complaint system and just ended up with a Dear John letter after two months?
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:41 pm

One observation to add, The Tur-Bus of ours Valdivia~Santiago made a stop in Vitacura and to my surprise everyone, I mean every one except us plus the nice girl from Valdivia were the only ones left to see our journey complete to the final destination,the grand central bus terminar. Albeit, the 1st class passengers only in upper deck at the full 180 degrees inclinable camas section, the regular seated 1st floor passengers they all unloaded in the final main terminal.

There when preparing to gather our belonging before exiting the bus, saw the crew coming up and started folding the once or who knows how many time before used but the wooled blankets were folded as if fresh set and wrapped in plastic! So the next time, I should refrain using those "fresh looking blankets" !.. Just a recollection or remembrance of thought..
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

Donnybrook

Post by Donnybrook » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:29 pm

If you live on the eastern side of Santiago it makes more sense to get off at the Vitacura stop than to go to the bus terminal in town and back out again. It depends on where you live or are staying. There are always taxis waiting for the buses to stop there.

They do the same thing with blankets on airplanes. They get cleaned every so often but not after every flight, even long haul ones. I take my own wrap.