Tur bus company

Discuss the best and worst companies and customer services in Chile including tips, tricks, rants, endorsements, and which businesses to avoid at all cost. If we talk about them frequently enough, we might just get the attention of the company. Help other Expats and Gringos find the good companies in Chile, and avoid the bad ones.
Hadj69

Tur bus company

Post by Hadj69 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:54 pm

Trate de comunicarme con TUR-BUS, pero en la pagina de internet que ellos tienen, un extrangejo no puede mandarles
un correo electronico si not tiene el RUT NUMERO.....

Bueno no estare reclamando mucho, pero si les dire que me viaje con este autobús,fue de una
pesadilla, empezando con el SANITARIO.
Desde que abordamos el autobús el sanitario tenia mal olor, y claro no se hizo mas agradable en
el transcurso del viaje, ya que bueno se usó y una madres tenían a sus hijos que usaron el sanitario.
El Chofer y el ayudante de bus, claro es poco que pueden hacer, ya que no son ellos ell problema y claro
se frustran al escuchar pasajeros reclamando que el sanitario Huele muy pero muy mal.
Yo le pregunté al chofer que si tenian algun spray para matar el olor, y el respondio muy pero muy alterado y
con una letania de palabras.
"diciendo que nosotros los pasajeros deberíamos de PARAR de usar los sanitarios porque era nuestra culpa que
el autobús estaba tan SUCIO"
Pero la verdad el sanitario, perdone la palabra es una "mierda" de sanitario, no tiene ni agua en general ni
para lavarse las manos.
Para colmo de males, el ayudante un hombre alto y pelon, nos dijo que si alguien usaba el sanitario una vez
más, que ellos pararían el autobús y sacarian al pasajero y lo dejarán tirado en la autopista.
Yo nunca viaje en una empresa de autos tan "Irresponsable" y que el autobús apestara tanto.
Estoy viajando por un ano por todo America Del Sur y de verdad uste viaje esta en el la cima de mis peores
viajes.
I traveled from Santiago to Arica,
Bus # 2165
Company name: Tas-Choapa.
I've never had such a terrible experience while traveling by bus.
From the start of the trip, the bus smelled so bad and it got worse as the trip progressed, due that the passenger used
the toilets and of course they need it to use it.
I asked the driver if he had odor spray, instead hes answer was of a very upset person, he just blasted at me and told me that "We the people/passengers
in the bus where nasty people and need it to refrain from using the toilets.

this is my worst trip ever.
I'll give it ***** negative stars

I'm truly sad that this experience happened to me since I truly enjoyed my visit to Chile.

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Re: Tur bus company

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:43 pm

Even if you did email them, not much would happen. Tur-Bus and the bus lines they acquired over the years don't give a rat's ass what the passengers think. Next time, pay more and go with Pullman Bus.

Suerte.
There are two ways to be fooled.

One is to believe what isn't true;

the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

- Søren Kierkegaard

El Lechero

Post by El Lechero » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:51 pm

That is why I dont travel long distance by bus in Chile.

john

Post by john » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:10 pm

I've used Tur-Bus many times and have never encountered any problems.
One must care about a world one will not see.
--- Bertrand Russell

Donnybrook

Post by Donnybrook » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:20 pm

john wrote:I've used Tur-Bus many times and have never encountered any problems.
Neither have I, but I have only gone south and not north. I understand the service going north is a good deal less good.

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:31 pm

They refused to take responsibility and give us a full refund for Santiago-Mendoza tickets because of a scheduling mixup which was their fault.

They still refuse to take full responsibility for the famous deadly bus accident from Llolleo to Santiago which is the reason for the current regs on seat belts and safety videos.

Numerous trips without an auxiliary (important to at least keep the driver alert along with checking and retrieving your bag) when my wife did take them on that route.

When wife used to work at all night Santiago restaurants, she would see bus drivers drinking in the early morning hours before their shift.

YMMV but I've made up my mind regarding this company.

- Søren Kierkegaard

Donnybrook

Post by Donnybrook » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:03 pm

Yes, we know you hate Turbus! I have a feeling that all bus companies are similar in their faults though. I have taken Cruz del Sur and thought they were OK. What is your line of choice? Pulman? They always seem to be speeding on the highway. Not Condor Bus, I imagine. I've done Talca with Talca/Paris/Londres and they were good. Working wifi anyway.

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:39 pm

Pullman (and the associated lines of FullPass) is where I collect my points. From San Antonio to Santiago, there is no longer a choice as Tur-Bus (not the Cargo part) had to leave after the locals boycotted them for the next two years. Goes to show Chilean consumers can make a stand even it is more expensive (Tur-Bus was selling this route at half the price of Pullman before they were forced to abandon this route).

- Søren Kierkegaard

Donnybrook

Post by Donnybrook » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:06 pm

I have also noticed a lot of new, small lines opening up in central and southern Chile. So it is probably worth shopping around a bit if heading south. North just doesn't get the best buses and service. Going north people seem to choose to fly if they can.

Hadj69

Post by Hadj69 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:54 am

Thank you everyone for your response.
I was frustrated and I wanted to tell me Odyssey to someone, i think that I'm not the only one with feelings about the bus company.
I guess I can say that I'm lucky, since I don't live here in South America, I don't need to take that bus company ever again.
Ride safe everyone, not matter where you go.

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:57 pm

Another Tur-Bus "story" from today's local paper. An aside, many here in San Antonio are under the suspicion that it was crappy maint. that led to the famous Tur-Bus tragedy a couple of years ago and not the driver who was at fault.
Screen Shot 2014-02-25 at 1.01.46 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2014-02-25 at 1.01.46 PM.jpg (77.7 KiB) Viewed 3046 times
Denying refund, quite normal FME with this asshole company.

- Søren Kierkegaard

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:52 pm

I took the Tur-Bus full cama that reclines almost to the extent of 180 degrees and let me tell you it is a delight!
The Bus I took from SCL to Valdivia trip and back, was on the Tur-Bus companie's OmniBus.

Very clean and quiet as expected and I was at the rear portion of the Bus right on top of the engine..So if Iam to go
the long distance, then won't hesitate in choosing the Bus company over again.
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.