LAN another episode

Discuss the best and worst companies and customer services in Chile including tips, tricks, rants, endorsements, and which businesses to avoid at all cost. If we talk about them frequently enough, we might just get the attention of the company. Help other Expats and Gringos find the good companies in Chile, and avoid the bad ones.
lost gringo

Re: LAN another episode

Post by lost gringo » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:08 pm

Muchas gracias for the info
Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.
allegedly said by Mark Twain

T_ROBO

Post by T_ROBO » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:29 pm

Snowman628 wrote:I just booked tickets for January after checking flights for weeks. As of today, LAN want $5,207.66 p.p.(can) for Business class MIA to SCL direct. If you pick a flight that goes via Lima it is $2,994.66 p.p.
Yeah, that is the route I will take in September: LAN-Peru from SCL to Lima, then AA to DFW to HOU, at half the price of buying all AA (and about 1/3 the price of all LAN). I used Orbitz to find this low-price combination.
TP

Snowman628

Post by Snowman628 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:51 pm

T_ROBO wrote:
Snowman628 wrote:I just booked tickets for January after checking flights for weeks. As of today, LAN want $5,207.66 p.p.(can) for Business class MIA to SCL direct. If you pick a flight that goes via Lima it is $2,994.66 p.p.
Yeah, that is the route I will take in September: LAN-Peru from SCL to Lima, then AA to DFW to HOU, at half the price of buying all AA (and about 1/3 the price of all LAN). I used Orbitz to find this low-price combination.
TP
I looked at going via Bogota but it was a 9 hour layover. These flights are 1hr 35 minutes in Lima on the way down and 2hr on the way back. Not even enough time to visit Joran van der Sloot in prison!!