RULES AND INTRODUCTION FOR CHILE CUSTOMER SERVICE FORUM

Discuss the best and worst companies and customer services in Chile including tips, tricks, rants, endorsements, and which businesses to avoid at all cost. If we talk about them frequently enough, we might just get the attention of the company. Help other Expats and Gringos find the good companies in Chile, and avoid the bad ones.
admin
Site Admin

RULES AND INTRODUCTION FOR CHILE CUSTOMER SERVICE FORUM

Post by admin » Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:35 pm

I started this forum because complaining about customer service in Chile is a favorite hobby, and also because it seems to take up such a large portion of our overall posts it only seems fitting that it should have a special forum for just dealing with customer service issues in Chile.

This forum however is not just intended to be a collection of complaints, but also endorsements of products and companies that do it right.

With sufficient focus and discussion, we might even get the attention of someone in the company that has the power to do something about it and cares. Do not under estimate the power of Internet forums ( especially in Chile ) to knock a company website off the top of the search engines and get the chief's attention just by mentioning their name on the internet.

At the very least, we can help each other navigate the bad customer service around Chile by sharing tips and tricks for fixing problems, and let those diamonds with good customer service shine for the whole Gringo and Expat community in Chile to see.

Finally, remember even though Chile has some really really annoying aspects, it still does not hold a candle to the bad customer services and other problems you will find in ALL other countries in Latin America.

Just come here and vent, then you can go about enjoying Chile again.

In General:
When posting complaints or endorsements, please be as descriptive as possible. For example, simply saying a company is bad does not help. We want to know why they are bad, what they did wrong, where they did it. Do you think it is just one guy in one store, or have all the people you have dealt with in the company done the same? Any other information that might help.

DISCLAIMER: The views posted on this forum are personal views of the members and in no way reflect the views of the operators of http://www.allchile.net ( for the most part ).

Vicki and Greg Lansen

<SPAM WORD> Chain

Post by Vicki and Greg Lansen » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:04 am

I have a rave for Cruzverde, the farmacia chain. I wish I had the address for the specific store in the Santa Victoria area of Santiago, but I don't. I needed to get several months supply of a medication which is strictly controlled, dolled out one bottle at a time. I took my prescription to the pharmacist and he called the doctor to explain how to write out the prescription to comply with the regulation. When I returned with the new prescription, they had two bottles waiting, seven more on order - but they would not arrive before I was scheduled to head south to Futaleufu (a long, long way). In a leap of faith, I paid for the prescription with the pharmacists assurance that they would ship the rest to me in Futa. And sure enough, ten days later, the medicine arrived. Nice job Cruzverde.

ScottishQueen

Re: RULES AND INTRODUCTION FOR CHILE CUSTOMER SERVICE FORUM

Post by ScottishQueen » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:27 pm

Dear Admin,
I am extremely upset at the first response I received from a member of this forum. I had only asked about volunteer opportunities in Chile. I am serious, and have booked our holiday, and hopefully I will have a day of volunteering lined up to promote English phrases and Scottish culture to students hoping to go to the UK or USA. I have only good intentions in mind and this post I refer to was the first response, which is always the most impressionable. I was in tears reading it, and could not understand how negative someone living in Chile, as an expat, could be! I sponsor two children in South America, I take time to learn the language and have gained a TEFL certificate,I have an Emergency First Aid qualification which enables me to deal with a great deal of urgent medical emergencies, and now feel ready to help as my Spanish has vastly improved also. I have many charitable interests in South and Central America.
I hope negativity is not in the general opinion of members on this forum, please re-assure me so that I do not have to discontinue membership so soon after joining! My most positive messages have been pms, which have been wonderful. Latin American people are wonderful human beings and I feel that expats should not be discouraging to people who wish to serve , even though some of these expats have probably been in Chile less than a year!
Pleae excuse my emotive post!
Rosie

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:46 pm

asdfghjkl
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

ScottishQueen

Post by ScottishQueen » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:53 pm

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:I'm not admin Charles who will probably respond shortly but just wanted to say to not take words or posts personally.

We have a wild west policy here where posts rarely get deleted (only outright spam) or modified (ex. deleting links when user has less than 25 posts) or threads closed (the subject of guns).

Expats come in all shapes, sizes, colors, temperaments and nationalities. The ones that post here do want to share and help and sometimes this may come across a little too course. When that happens, step back and don't take it personally and try to understand why they may have posted what they posted.

Regards
Thank you for helping me understand! I will try to take it all with a pinch of salt in future (in as much as my Scottish temperament allows me!!!)x

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:21 pm

Well, I think you kind of inadvertently walked in to our spam pitbull cage with that first post. They smell spam and come running. I honestly was monitoring that thread myself for spam links, even though I was not actively really following along with it.

You got understand that just about all first or second posts on the forum are treated with extreme suspicion because of spam problems. Up until someone has been around between about 10 to 25 posts they are essentially on probation by the forum members, with increasing levels of trust issued out as time goes by and they have established "credentials" on the forum by way of contributing. We don't mean to be unwelcoming, it is just we are working hard to make sure the forum is a safe reliable place for information. There is a lot of bad information about Chile out there on the web, that has gotten a lot of foreigners in to a lot of trouble.

Many posts of that nature such as you made often go no further than the first post before the user is never heard from again, and then what we get is a convenient follow up by another new user that has all the answers along with all the links to various "volunteer programs" or other sites. Provoking a first poster has become a tried and true method on this forum of sorting out those human spammers from real posters.

Spammers do not normally cry over it, they move on to a new forum.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.