Lollapalooza 2013

Discuss the best and worst companies and customer services in Chile including tips, tricks, rants, endorsements, and which businesses to avoid at all cost. If we talk about them frequently enough, we might just get the attention of the company. Help other Expats and Gringos find the good companies in Chile, and avoid the bad ones.
rositakhan

Lollapalooza 2013

Post by rositakhan » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:12 pm

Hey there,

In case any of you were music-lovers and hesistant to buy tickets, just wanted to throw out there that I attended Lollapalooza this year, and it was fantastically organized. And trust me, I had my doubts...

We rode the metro both days Line 1 and 2 at peak times, and although it was crowded and they were closing the entrances to keep overcrowding from reaching dangerous proportions at Parque O'Higgins, at no point did I feel unsafe and all 4 trips went smoothly (much more smoothly than trying to access public transportation to/from a soccer game or, say, work!) They kept the metro open until midnight thus allowing the 100,000+ ticket holders to disperse without rushing to catch the last train.

It was sunny and quite hot both days, but they had people giving out drinking water with lemon, the drink, food, and bathroom lines were never more than a 10 minute wait (and often less) and all of the performers started and finished on time. Furthermore, they weren't selling alcohol in the general area, so although a few folks managed to sneak in booze, most attendees were well-behaved.

Even better, the ticket checkers and security lines were extremely efficient. Oh, and lastly, listening to the bands try to communicate in Spanish boosted my language confidence to no end! lol...

My only complaint is that Amadou and Miriam pulled out at the last minute, and they were one of the groups I was most looking forward to seeing :)

So, hope to see you all out there next year!

rositakhan

Re: Lollapalooza 2013

Post by rositakhan » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:24 am

No one else went to the event? No music lovers out there?

I realize maybe you think I'm a spammer? But I'm not, I've been reading posts here since August 2012 just never joined until now :)

Anyways, feel free to throw out complaints about Lollapalooza as well, maybe other people had bad experiences, just want to build up knowledge about big events in Chile to allow for better planning in the future..

zer0nz

Post by zer0nz » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:28 am

I went, it was great....

Biggest complaint... NO ALCOHOL.... thats it, everything else is fine....

took my own bottle of vodka to solve that problem!

frozen-north

Post by frozen-north » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:32 am

rositakhan wrote:
most attendees were well-behaved.
zer0nz wrote:
took my own bottle of vodka to solve that problem!
:)

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:40 am

We all just a bunch of old fogeys.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

Donnybrook

Post by Donnybrook » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:55 am

I didn't go but heard from friends who did that it was very successful. Last year there were some issues with picking uptickets at the door which foreign tourists had bought online, it was successfully resolved but took time, and the need for more food or more places to get it. Those both seem to have been addressed this year and I haven't heard any complaints.

A frequent observation by non-locals was that there was no alcohol for sale, apparently not like that in other major events in other countries. They seemed to think this had a positive effect. There certainly seemed to a lot of families there.

rositakhan

Post by rositakhan » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:16 pm

Yeah I wouldn't have minded being able to purchase a drink or two myself and I don't think I would've got through security with a bottle of wine tucked under my little arm ;)

There were in fact hundreds of families, apparently any children 10 years and younger were free, so they got to rock out with the rest of us! The family-feel made it pretty calm over all, and considering its pretty common procedure not to sell alcohol at any major events here, I suppose its just par for the course now..