Tur bus company

Discuss the best and worst companies and customer services in Chile including tips, tricks, rants, endorsements, and which businesses to avoid at all cost. If we talk about them frequently enough, we might just get the attention of the company. Help other Expats and Gringos find the good companies in Chile, and avoid the bad ones.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Tur bus company

Post by admin » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:59 am

yea, that is one reason, among other reasons, that we moved out of Temuco. Even though it is smack in the middle of southern chile, logistics where complicated. That was back before the new airport. the old one was fogged in about 50% of the year. Now the airport is a long way out of town.

I think the problem with Temuco is that it is too close to everything.

can you get a direct transfer from one of the hotel shuttle buses to the airport from pucon?

Just a thought.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

alextrombone

Post by alextrombone » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:23 am

I’ve only made short trips (Valdivia to Osorno etc) with TurBus, but have avoided making long trip with them on advice of my wife’s family. I’ve always had good experiences on long haul journeys with ETM (their buses are fairly modern and robust) and also Transantin and Cruz del Sur.

mem

Post by mem » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:39 pm

admin wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:59 am
yea, that is one reason, among other reasons, that we moved out of Temuco. Even though it is smack in the middle of southern chile, logistics where complicated. That was back before the new airport. the old one was fogged in about 50% of the year. Now the airport is a long way out of town.

I think the problem with Temuco is that it is too close to everything.

can you get a direct transfer from one of the hotel shuttle buses to the airport from pucon?

Just a thought.
Thanks, hadnt thought of that. There must be some direct to airport transfers from one of the hotels that I can wrangle. Maybe even for the return trip if I pay a bit more seeing as I wouldn't be a normal hotel guest