Looking for help to resolve difficult cell phone problem

Discuss the best and worst companies and customer services in Chile including tips, tricks, rants, endorsements, and which businesses to avoid at all cost. If we talk about them frequently enough, we might just get the attention of the company. Help other Expats and Gringos find the good companies in Chile, and avoid the bad ones.
klrbilly

Re: Looking for help to resolve difficult cell phone problem

Post by klrbilly » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:40 pm

Hi
Thanks for that info....I am beginning to think that if my phone's IMEI was used it Chile last year, it will be on the system.
I e-mailed three of.the registration company's and not one has replied.

FrankPintor

Post by FrankPintor » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:07 pm

Mainecoons wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:59 pm
Paypal gave me my money back very quickly. I think you may be right fraggle092 that these phones were stolen some where in Chile. Neither they nor I ever heard from the seller. Maybe I should check the name against the outstanding warrants list there in Chile. :mrgreen:

Interesting though when you run the IMEI check on Movistar per the link DoctorSIM sent me, it comes up clean. However, Apple shows both are blacklisted.

PayPal is not asking me to return the phones. I've got two really handsome paperweights here.

This was very interesting and I am very impressed with how helpful and savvy this group is. Hopefully some of you will be up our way some time, I'd enjoy meeting you. Thank you all very much!
The blacklisting is one of those ideas that was really nice at the time (20 years ago now), but it relies on too many entities working together to get it to function. It's interesting that Apple has them blacklisted, that would normally be through some find-my-iphone process and bricking the phones, but if they were boxed it's hard to see how.
Caracas es Caracas. Lo demás es monte y culebra!

klrbilly

Post by klrbilly » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:17 pm

So far....
To register my mobile they want
Full name
Address
Scan of Passport
Scan of my flight ticket
Screeshot of my phones IMEI number
Make of phone
Model of phone

Next they will be asking for my Bank account details..Credit card number and pin code....lol....