Blue Elephant Discovered in Patagonia

UFO's in Chile, Chile Legends, Chile Myths, Chile Cultural Stuff, and most every other strange or unexplained topic regarding Chile.
terra nullius

Blue Elephant Discovered in Patagonia

Post by terra nullius » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:38 pm

Scientists Discover New Species Of Blue Elephant in Patagonia
Scientists Discover New Species Of Blue Elephant in Patagonia

A group of international and Chilean scientists consider they may have discovered a new species in Patagonian forests, near the border with Argentina. The scientists are using camera traps to photograph the mysterious blue elephant in the forest. They were delighted to photograph, what they believe is a completely new species.
Blue Elephant.jpg
Blue Elephant in Patagonia
Blue Elephant.jpg (35.1 KiB) Viewed 2429 times
"This is quite significant discovery," said biologists of the Zoological Society. "We all were very thrilled to capture pictures of the elephant."
Source: http://www.allchile.net/chileforum/topic5046.html

Respectfully,

T. N.
"Remember: man is not a pig, he cannot burst when he eats. Have no fear, you will not burst. It is imagination. How can one burst if one eats well?" ~ G. I. Gurdjieff

oregon woodsmoke

Re: Blue Elephant Discovered in Patagonia

Post by oregon woodsmoke » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:57 pm

Is he blue because he is cold?

greg~judy

Post by greg~judy » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:04 pm

See... :!:
wblue.jpg
wblue.jpg (22.65 KiB) Viewed 2404 times
Things are not what they appear to be: nor are they otherwise.
--- Surangama Sutra
“If we want everything to stay as it is, everything will have to change."
--- Giuseppe Tomasi di Lamedusa

pinguin

Post by pinguin » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:14 pm

Yes, there are elephants in Patagonia

araucaniax

Post by araucaniax » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:39 pm

patagoniax wrote:The blue elephant is related to the Tawny Patagonian Jackalope
Speaking of the Jackalope, :mrgreen: and Jackals in general, and also the Elephant, here is a story:

The Jackal and The Elephant
a Khmer Folk Tale

In a great forest, there was once a big elephant whose name was Tilaka. There was also a large herd of jackals in the same forest, which went from place to place in search of food.
Once they saw the big elephant and discussed with one another, "What a big elephant is this! We have to kill him by a trick, if we can do this! Then we shall have food enough for four months."
Of all jackals, an old one was very clever. He asserted, "By my cleverness, I shall find out a special means with which to kill the elephant,"
After saying this, that sly old jackal started and walked up to the elephant, then prostrating to him with eight limbs, he said, "My lord, please do me a favor; I come to meet your lordship."
"Who are you? Where do you come from? And where do you go?" asked the elephant with a loud voice.
"My lord, I'm a jackal," he replied, " as the animals of this forest are without a king, they live without law and order: they have none to protect them and have no happiness; hence all of them agreed to send me for inviting you to be our king for you have all kinds of high quality for being our ruler"
Then the jackal added, "Now, my lord, it is an auspicious moment for you to be crowned; so, please have no hesitation and come quickly after me"
On hearing this, Tilaka was tempted. He liked very much to be a king. Wishing eagerly to be a king, he followed the jackal and walk as fast as he could. Suddenly, he got stuck in great mud so badly that he could neither go forward nor come back. From that position, he asked the jackal for help and said, "O friend jackal, help me. I'm now sinking in great mud!"
But the jackal being very much please to see that his trick is about to be successful, said mockingly with smile, "O lord, please hold up the tip of my tail with your trunk. This is your result in trusting my word!"
Then, no sooner had the big elephant sunk in great mud than the herd of jackals came out of the forest nearby and tore his skin and made him their food.
"Separate yourself from disturbance and face whatever appears before you." ~ Tiantong Hongzhi Chanshi, 1091-1157, (named "Chan Master Spacious Wisdom" by the Song emperor Gao Zong)

yamantako
Location: Shadows, illusion, fantasy, reflections in mirrors.

Post by yamantako » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:56 pm

With regard to the "Blind Men and an Elephant" story, here is what we wanted to add:

Rumi, the 13th Century Turkish poet and teacher of Sufism, included it in his Masnavi. In his retelling, "The Elephant in the Dark", some Hindus bring an elephant to be exhibited in a dark room. A number of men feel the elephant in the dark and, depending upon where they touch it, they believe the elephant to be like a water spout (trunk), a fan (ear), a pillar (leg) and a throne (back). Rumi uses this story as an example of the limits of individual perception. The Persian Sufi poet Sanai of Ghazni in Afghanistan presented this teaching story in his The Walled Garden of Truth.

Source: Wikipedia, may they always tell us nothing but truth.

I hope that this finds you well, and in the best of health.

Yamantako
"The color of the water depends on the color of its container. People cannot know it, until they have a taste of it. Every thing is reflected in it, without veiling, without defect."

pinguin

Post by pinguin » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:53 am

And these lived in all Chile, including Patagonia, just 12.000 years ago.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:16 am

Those still live in the Patagonia, just no one has bothered looking for them recently.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

araucaniax

Post by araucaniax » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:53 pm

:shock:
"Separate yourself from disturbance and face whatever appears before you." ~ Tiantong Hongzhi Chanshi, 1091-1157, (named "Chan Master Spacious Wisdom" by the Song emperor Gao Zong)

terra nullius

Post by terra nullius » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:54 pm

patagoniax wrote:The blue elephant is related to the Tawny Patagonian Jackalope.....
Speacking of whom,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackalope wrote:Reportedly, jackalopes are extremely shy unless approached. Legend also has it that female jackalopes can be milked as they sleep belly up and that the milk can be used for a variety of medicinal purposes. It has also been said that the jackalope can convincingly imitate any sound, including the human voice. It uses this ability to elude pursuers, chiefly by using phrases such as "There he goes! That way!" It is said that a jackalope may be caught by putting a flask of whiskey out at night. The jackalope will drink its fill of whiskey and its intoxication will make it easier to hunt.
Respectfully,

T. N.
Professor Emeritus
The Royal Zoological Society of Chilbonia
"Remember: man is not a pig, he cannot burst when he eats. Have no fear, you will not burst. It is imagination. How can one burst if one eats well?" ~ G. I. Gurdjieff

yamantako
Location: Shadows, illusion, fantasy, reflections in mirrors.

Post by yamantako » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:28 pm

Elephant and Feather - Air Resistance

Suppose that an elephant and a feather are dropped off a very tall building from the same height at the same time. We will assume the realistic situation that both feather and elephant encounter air resistance. Which object - the elephant or the feather - will hit the ground first?

Most people are not surprised by the fact that the elephant strikes the ground before the feather. But why does the elephant fall faster? This question is the source of much confusion (as well as a variety of misconceptions). Test your understanding by making an effort to identify the following statements as being either true or false.

TRUE or FALSE:

1. The elephant encounters a smaller force of air resistance than the feather and therefore falls faster.
2. The elephant has a greater acceleration of gravity than the feather and therefore falls faster.
3. Both elephant and feather have the same force of gravity, yet the acceleration of gravity is greatest for the elephant.
4. Both elephant and feather have the same force of gravity, yet the feather experiences a greater air resistance.
5. Each object experiences the same amount of air resistance, yet the elephant experiences the greatest force of gravity.
6. Each object experiences the same amount of air resistance, yet the feather experiences the greatest force of gravity.
7. The feather weighs more than the elephant, and therefore will not accelerate as rapidly as the elephant.
8. Both elephant and feather weigh the same amount, yet the greater mass of the feather leads to a smaller acceleration.
9. The elephant experiences less air resistance and than the feather and thus reaches a larger terminal velocity.
10. The feather experiences more air resistance than the elephant and thus reaches a smaller terminal velocity.
11. The elephant and the feather encounter the same amount of air resistance, yet the elephant has a greater terminal velocity.

If you answered TRUE to any of the above questions, then perhaps you have some confusion about either the concepts of weight, force of gravity, acceleration of gravity, air resistance and terminal velocity.

Answering these questions demands an understanding of Newton's first and second law and the concept of terminal velocity. According to Newton's laws, an object will accelerate if the forces acting upon it are unbalanced; and further, the amount of acceleration is directly proportional to the amount of net force (unbalanced force) acting upon it.

May you be balanced.

Yamantako

"The color of the water depends on the color of its container. People cannot know it, until they have a taste of it. Every thing is reflected in it, without veiling, without defect."

greg~judy

Post by greg~judy » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:32 pm

Please...
To be fair to both elephant and feather...
You must drop them in a vacuum.

This is premised on finding a vacuum chamber...
Big enuff for your blue elephant.

If this size chamber is not available...
Perhaps you might substitute a stone for the elephant.

Just an idea...
Please advise on the results
:idea:
Things are not what they appear to be: nor are they otherwise.
--- Surangama Sutra
“If we want everything to stay as it is, everything will have to change."
--- Giuseppe Tomasi di Lamedusa