Income Tax on Foreign Income

Chile Investment, how to invest in Chile, what to watch out for when investing, economic issues, currency exchange in Chile, and more.
eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Re: Income Tax on Foreign Income

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:31 pm

I did. I deleted the post but as this is Chile, I wanted confirmation or three other I heard/do this to make sure what I was told is correct. I'll post it again and HOPE someone will confirm that what I was told is correct. In frustration, I deleted it because NO ONE wants to respond.

What I heard was DIFFERENT than Britkid and to me it makes sense, but as this is Chile, I want to be sure, thus my attempt to extract a tooth from a rabid wolf (better known as the every increasingly empty allchile.net forum).

YOU DECLARE IT ONCE A YEAR IN APRIL FOR THE PRIOR YEAR ON THE MAIN TAX FORM (FORUMULARIO 22).

So, is this correct? Any further details about filling out these forms in such a basic, non-sensitive scenario would be highly appreciated.

As I am overly frustrated by the "help" from the forum after thousands of posts over the years, this post will indeed self-destruct after 7 days if no real response is received.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

Donnybrook

Post by Donnybrook » Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:30 pm

I'd love to help but my situation isn't the same as yours so I really don't know.

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:34 pm

I do thank you for reading. :)
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

paladin

Post by paladin » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:02 pm

eeuu, I sent you a PM

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:18 pm

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote: In frustration, I deleted it because NO ONE wants to respond.
As I am overly frustrated by the "help" from the forum after thousands of posts over the years, this post will indeed self-destruct after 7 days if no real response is received.
I doubt very much that if someone with knowledge in the matter wouldn't share it in the forum. If not one responds is simply because they don't know the answer! I also ignore loads of legal matters of this blessed country so I have to ask ten chileans and many others in between to get a "true" answer. If you give me a little time I'll ask my accountant, she ought to know or if you prefer walk into an accountant's office and ask (he/she) point blank.
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. I sayeth as I seeth.

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:27 pm

Because I'm too lazy to read all 8 pages, please PM me with your precise question and tomorrow I could make a phone call to the accountant to get you an answer.
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. I sayeth as I seeth.

fraggle092

Post by fraggle092 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:32 pm

No experience with this situation, so I dont know how much zeal the SII exercises in going after rentas de fuente extranjera, I suspect many people just stay under the radar, but:
Si de acuerdo al tiempo transcurrido las rentas obtenidas en el extranjero quedaran afectas al impuesto Global Complementario, mensualmente se encontraría obligado a efectuar un PPM con tasa de 10% que debe declarar y pagar en la Línea 54 del Formulario 29.
You are expected to file monthly, declare and pay 10% PPM, PPM is an estimate of monthly income. This is used at end of the tax year on the annual tax return. Since the annual return allows for various types of deductions, many people actually get a tax refund at year end based on the ppm amount they paid throughout the year.

Get a good accountant, dont try DIY, dont ask the SII.

http://www.chilecont.cl/?page_id=1097
Après moi, le déluge

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:58 pm

Holy shite. They must have changed the Form, Formulario 29 is intimidating to this neophyte as is and Linea 54 talks about "Explotador Minero". And monthly, so SII San Antonio got it wrong?

Time to pony up and pay an accountant. Have no idea how someone setup with no activities would do a monthly filing.

Thanks all.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:52 pm

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Time to pony up and pay an accountant. Have no idea how someone setup with no activities would do a monthly filing.
You don't. Only if you have an income earned in Chile . And yes, it would be wise to hire a competent accountant to clear your doubts. Don't look for answers in a forum especially when is about income, it could get very confusing plus opinions are like *******...everybody has one.

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:03 pm

Gloria wrote:
eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
You don't. Only if you have an income earned in Chile . And yes, it would be wise to hire a competent accountant to clear your doubts. Don't look for answers in a forum especially when is about income, it could get very confusing plus opinions are like *******...everybody has one.
That's the problem, the contador site quotes the law as saying it must be declared monthly. So is there a way to declare this foreign income monthly even if you have no activities in Chile? And for speculation, if the contador site got it wrong, back to square one, where on Form 22 does one declare this in April?

--eeuunikkeiexpat

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:08 pm

More bothering is that I am apparently the only one on this forum with this issue. I mean even those on non-taxed foreign pensions but with other stuff going on overseas technically has to file after three years. So these persons are apparently not declaring it seems and thus in violation of Chile tax law.

Me, I want to have my Chile tax paperwork in order when I apply for citizenship.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

fraggle092

Post by fraggle092 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:30 pm

I declare and pay monthly, or rather my accountant does it for me.The f29 is a monthly declaration.
Gloria wrote:Only if you have an income earned in Chile
Gloria, I disagree on that. After 3 years grace period, the taxman wants a cut of any income earned anywhere in the world.
However according to the below it may be possible to get this 3 year period extended
Las personas residentes o domiciliadas en Chile se encuentran sujetas a un impuesto a la renta sobre sus rentas de cualquier origen, sea que la fuente de origen esté situada dentro del país o fuera de él.
Sin embargo, el extranjero que constituye domicilio o residencia en Chile es gravado sólo sobre la renta obtenida de fuente chilena durante los 3 primeros años, en su aplicación este plazo puede ser prorrogado.
http://www.sii.cl/aprenda_sobre_impuest ... arenta.doc
Après moi, le déluge