Income Tax on Foreign Income

Chile Investment, how to invest in Chile, what to watch out for when investing, economic issues, currency exchange in Chile, and more.
eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Re: Income Tax on Foreign Income

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:45 pm

Gloria wrote:At this point you guessed it right.......I SURRENDER OR GTFU!!
Urban Dictionary

GTFU
GROW THE F.CK UP

Used when adults are acting like kids
So I sense you are saying I'm dumb?

How many others out there think the issues I raised were stupid or pointless?
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:20 pm

If I have to tell you that you are dumb I will. I have no problems with it but no, I'm not saying that. I'm the one giving up...why?? because life's not based in hypothetical situations. Life's situations are based on updated facts, in what's happening today, not what it could happen if......and that's what you are doing. No one has a crystal ball to predict what will happen in the future. What I have been telling you is.... that you are anticipating yourself to issues. When the time comes for you to get your citizenship, only then ask about your concerns. Anything else is simply bullshit!....( me thinking....why did I get into this mess :roll: :lol: )
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. I sayeth as I seeth.

Magnyz

Post by Magnyz » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:15 pm

That's a very unfair remark Gloria. I for one symphatize with the questions because you had better do this stuff correctly now in order not to jeopardize any future applications (such as for a citizenship for example). Also, isn't it obvious why the word hypothetical is used here? Keep on digging eeuu...

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:35 pm

Magnyz wrote:That's a very unfair remark Gloria. I for one symphatize with the questions because you had better do this stuff correctly now in order not to jeopardize any future applications (such as for a citizenship for example). Also, isn't it obvious why the word hypothetical is used here? Keep on digging eeuu...
It's said that silence is golden. We are most grateful for your contribution in the matter.
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. I sayeth as I seeth.

Britkid

Post by Britkid » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:09 pm

I nominate that last post for a special award for irony.

Magnyz

Post by Magnyz » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:12 pm

It's said that silence is golden. We are most grateful for your contribution in the matter.
Likewise. :D

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:14 pm

Gloria-san is exemplary in executing as accounted.
A very good technique of indicating an intention or attitude opposite to that which is actually or ostensibly stated.
Will, without a doubt be enlisting with her school if needing to keep on polishing my language education further!
I learn much every day reading the allchile English commanding forumite's clever minds!
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:31 pm

I will be inclined not share what I do find after this forum battle.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

Magnyz

Post by Magnyz » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:23 pm

I don't blame you...

Britkid

Post by Britkid » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:32 pm

So, my three years of not having to pay tax on foreign sourced income are running out. I checked the form online and it says the same thing as before, nothing has changed:

"el extranjero que constituya domicilio o residencia en el país, durante los tres primeros años contados desde su ingreso a Chile sólo estará afecto a los impuestos que gravan las rentas obtenidas de fuentes chilenas. Este plazo podrá ser prorrogado por el Director Regional en casos calificados."

I'll have go at an amateur translation here: "the foreigner that has residence in the country, during the first three years counted from his arrival in Chile only has to pay taxes for income from Chilean sources. This period can be extended by the Regional Director in qualified cases."

Comments: 1: not completely sure if "arrival" (at the airport) is the right translation of "ingreso" and hence the start point of the 3-year period. "Ingreso" also I believe carries with it a sense of "entering the system" so it could also refer to the moment of becoming a resident (or applying for such), as suggested by admin in the past.
2: Is "qualified" the right translation of "califacados" and what does that mean, is it implying that it is only for real special cases? Or it just a routine tramite? Who knows? Not me, anyway.

Britkid

Post by Britkid » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:50 pm

So, I've been to the SII office in Talagante, and explained the situation. They say this is not a regional office, and directed me to Fernando Riesco 33, Maipu. Dpto en Fiscalzacion. I didn't fancy a wasted trip, so first I called 23951000 which I thought was the number for Maipu but I must have been mistaken because I end up speaking to someone in Santiago. They then told me that actually I should go not to Maipu, but to Romero 3226 which is more central in Santiago. Also, no appointment in advance with this mysterious regional director, might have to go a person just to get the appointment or find out what to do.

Well, I've been told two different things about where to go, so someone must be wrong. Anyway, I think I'll go Santiago centre. At least there is other stuff I can done round there so not a completely wasted trip.

Now then...has anyone ever applied for this extension yet and got any story to tell? It's been a year and a half since this was last brought up, so thought I'd try. There must be people with more than three years gaining foreign sourced income, so what's everyone's story? :) Feel free to use private message if you prefer.

Britkid

Post by Britkid » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:57 am

Hm. Bit of omerta on this topic.

Anyway, I went to SII at Romero 3226 (very near to Estacion Central metro and train station). Coming from the street Chacabuco, the SII is on the corner of Chacabuco and Romero. However, take the 3rd entrance on the left (starting from Chacabuco) and get a ticket for Peticiones Administrativas.

I was told that although Talagante cannot make a decision on the extension, the petition should have been filed from there. However he didn’t send me back there and just made me fill in a form. The form had some personal details and a blank space to write what you like. Honestly, had no clue what to write here to improve the chances.

The start date of the initial three years is from when I applied for residency which was February 2014 (it was approved May 2014). That is what I was told anyway, didn't sound too certain on this.

Currently waiting for decision/ to be contacted for next step.

Also, I did some googling. Couldn't find any Spanish results but did find some English results. I am going to paste them here in the comment below this one. I did send a private message to admin last week to let him know I was planning to post these links. However, If the comment disappears or links get deleted try googling "tax on foreign sourced income three years extension chile" and looking through all the results for at least the first three pages.