Banco de Chile: Cuenta FAN

Chile Investment, how to invest in Chile, what to watch out for when investing, economic issues, currency exchange in Chile, and more.
Curtez

Banco de Chile: Cuenta FAN

Post by Curtez » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:43 am

Hey all

I have been in a hysterical nightmare regarding opening up a cuenta FAN account with Banco de Chile. About 3 weeks have passed by and as with standard Chilean inefficiencies and laziness, the problem has yet to be resolved. 4 trips to the bank branch, and who knows how many calls. Phone operators say "go to the branch," the branch says, "go home and go online." LOL.

Anyone else having and/or had this issue with the FAN accounts?

I have been reading that their system is "new", but it appears to be a complete joke at this point have yet to find anyone who has successfully opened this account. Just a flood of issues.

curtez

tiagoabner

Re: Banco de Chile: Cuenta FAN

Post by tiagoabner » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:51 am

Quick question: are you on a temporary or permanent residency visa?
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.

Curtez

Post by Curtez » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:47 am

Temporary, and will be applying for Permanent later this month.

The account is objectively already opened. I AM able to access it via my phone through their app. This would be fine for me, but in order to transfer OUT of the account I need to have a "Mi Pass" code from an additional app, which runs off of a, yet an additional, "internet password." However, to solicit and obtain an "internet password" or "Solicitud Clave Persona" the following error message comes:

Solicitud de clave
Estimado cliente, este servicio no está habilitado por el momento, favor dirígete a cualquiera de nuestras sucursales para obtener tu clave de internet.

Seeing how I have already been to the bank branch (branch #151 near Ines de Suarez) FOUR times, I am out of ideas.
I spoke to the branch manager directly because the customer service window girls were too busy checking their Instagram accounts, literally...
I asked the manager what is the problem exactly. Long story short, they are clueless (shocking). I also directly asked if Banco de Chile even has any control over the accounts of this new FAN program, and to my semi-surprise, the answer was a direct, no, they have zero control.

EastPoe

Post by EastPoe » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:24 pm

I am unable to open one. The app freezes on page 2 and will not proceed. The site says go to the branch,the branch says go online. I have PD and a new carnet. Would love some help with this.

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:20 pm

EastPoe wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:24 pm
I am unable to open one. The app freezes on page 2 and will not proceed. The site says go to the branch,the branch says go online. I have PD and a new carnet. Would love some help with this.
I had the same issue and I wasn't able to open an account with them.

Their account opening procedure is made of 4 steps. In the first one, you fill your RUT number and your "número de cédula". On step two, you need to take a picture of your ID so they can check if it matches with what you informed (presumably, as part of their KYC procedures). This is where I can't get through: when I choose my "cédula" type, the process moves to the next step, where it needs to take a picture. But it seems that their code isn't written correctly and it can't get access to the phone's camera, even if you set up your permissions correctly. I've tested it on three Android phones and an iPhone using multiple web browsers, so I'm pretty confident the issue is with their code.
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:59 pm

banco de chile has some of the most shockingly bad web sites, apps, etc, that I closed an account with them because they were simply terrifying to me how bad they were built.

The errors are like what I would expect in say an intro high school computer class on web design; not a bank.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.